Due to the weather issues we ended up staying at this hotel for only one night in late August 2012. This hotel is really well done (it is pretty big) but it does not feel huge. We
stayed in a lanai suite on the first floor right by the pool and beach area. This room was pretty big and had a nice sitting room (mini-bar, round table with four chairs, microwave, small fridge, and a nice sitting area with seating for five no problem. Double doors into the bedroom with a king bed was a nice touch as we could put our little one to bed and then have some down time without waking her up. The bathroom was large and was plenty big for the three of us.
The beach is very clean and was being attended to several times while we were there. A really nice feature of this hotel is the beach as it is about 100 yards wide and about 600 yards long (huge)!
There are a bunch of different pools for kids and adults. There is a kid area with some splash items and a zero entry wade in pool for kids. The pool area was clean and we did not see any trash anywhere. There is also a pretty good size kiddie pool with a fence around. The pool is about 12 inches deep and about ten feet across.
The hotel grounds are very nicely done and gave our little on lots of room to run on the grass.
One of my favorite parts of the hotel was the breakfast buffet (really good). It is about $25.00 a person and I felt it was well worth it, as there are a lot of nice quality food options on it. It was a fun treat... if you do not want the buffet you can order off the menu for about $8-13. Kids eat for about $2.00... thats nice . My little one ate some of my items and they did not charge me.
Overall, it was a nice property and we will return. The place is large with a lot of options but it does not feel crazy big. Everyone that we came in contact with were very helpful and nice.
Good people...good hotel..go check it out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort Golf Club and Spa! Come kick off your shoes and explore paradise found at this one-of-a-kind Florida resort. As one of Marriott's top resorts, we offer an idyllic getaway with the spirit of Balinese beauty, hospitality and well-being. Nestled on three miles of pristine Southwest Florida beaches, the Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort Golf Club and Spa is the perfect destination for a family vacation, a romantic retreat, a memorable meeting or an unforgettable wedding. With several renowned restaurants, championship golf, a world-class spa and a wide range of activities and amenities, Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort Golf Club and Spa now offers even more - including upscale shops for men and women, a free-form fantasy pool with views of the Florida Gulf, new dining options and completely redesigned and redecorated guest rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club And Spa
- Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club Hotel Marco Island
- Marriott Marco Island
- Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club & Spa Florida