“Great Hotel for Guests of All Ages” 5 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Marco Island
GreenLeadersBronze level
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great Hotel for Guests of All Ages”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

This was our first trip to the hotel and our first family vacation with our toddler. I have to say it's a wonderful property and worth it. I will spend hours researching hotels and was a little skeptical based on some critical reviews of this hotel. But I felt compelled to write this first post of mine since staying and reading other comments.

We are Mariott Rewards members and travel multiple times a year, so I would say we've experienced our share of the good and bad out there.

This is great hotel for couples, friends or families with kids of all ages. Rooms are clean and great service everywhere. Everything is right on the property so you don't have to take transportation or walk a long way to get to the expansive beach, pools (two large with one that has a kids area, one baby and one spa), dining or the nice spa they have. For convenience with little kids especially, it's an excellent choice. The restaurants on-site are a little pricey, but that's to be expected. We rented a car and did spend a few nights eating a local restaurants. They were renovating some rooms (most are updated) but it was clear they were strategic on how they did this so as to not bother the guests. We didn't golf so I can't comment on this.

If you are looking for an easy going and convenient beach vacation, on a beautiful property in the states, go here!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (669)
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

My Wife, 2 sons (ages 4 and 6) and I had a great time at the Marco Island Marriott. Lots to do for the kids as well as the adults and plenty of options for Lunch/Bkfst and Dinner. Found staff to be extremely helpful and rooms to be clean despite some of the reviews i have read. Pool chairs are hard to come by late in the afternoon, but we always had a spot to sit. One thing I did not like was a Convention of Travelers that decided to bring their Drinks and Beers into the TIKI Pool during the Day. Many of which also felt it was OK to leave their empties along the pool deck and on the rocks of the kids waterslide. There really should be some type of enforcement, understand Vacation mode, but there were tons of kids around. We typically would pickup Breakfast at the San Marco Cafe and eat outside at Tables and Chairs located overlooking the TIKI pool. Spent a lot of time between both Pools and the Beach - all are beautiful. Enjoyed Pazzi's for Lunch a few times as well as the TIKI Bar. Only ate dinner once at Quinns and enjoyed that as well. There are lots of great resturaunts nearby that we also enjoyed - Capri Fish House, Nacho Mamma's and The Snook Inn. All good for kids and great food. Spent One Day in Evergaldes City and had an awesome time at Wooten's Airboat Rides. Cant Say enough about the Marco Island Marriott - really is a beautiful place and we were treated very well, from the Bell Man, Valet and Housekeeping - all did a terrific job to make us feel welcome. The Tiki Tribe room for the kids was also great. They painted Sand Dollars, Coloring Contest, and other activities throughout the day. I will be back. One tip, pick up pool floats, sun tan lotion, water/snacks etc.. before you get there, otherwise it can will be expensive.

Room Tip: Had a partial Gulf View - Room 551, very nice. Try to get a late checkout (1:00) if possible. 11:0...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

This resort reminded our family of being in Hawaii. The beach is at your back door with gorgeous sand and plenty of chairs. The resort has walking trails out by the beach. Great pools with poolside restaurants. Rooms were spacious too--we can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The corner rooms had lots of room and ask for a balcony overlooking the beach.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Deerfield Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

EVERY year we take a jaunt over to the west coast of Florida and bring a few families with us to the Amazing Marco Island Marriott!
It is a family resort and very large but always wonderful touches for the whole family!
Recently remodeled lobby is wobderful. Sushi restaurant, shops and the hotel restaurants. We have stayed in the towers, as well as the Lanai Suites---and both are GREAT! and we only stay in quality hotels.
The family pool is relaxing, enjoyable for kids of all ages and the beach pristine and beautiful. You cant go wrong by vacationing here. I am so glad we live 2 hours away and can go regularly. Jada Shigley is the director of admissions and treats us like family! She is priceless and Bette in the concierge will always assist. This time making reservations for our dinners at restaurants on the island.
We recommend it highly to all! We wil be back next July!
PS---while visiting...try SASSO's restaurant---it is our favorite place to eat on Marco Island...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
West Hollywood, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

I was working in Florida for a f ew months and decided since I'd be there on my birthday, I'd go somewhere differant. I found this Marriott on line and the pictures looked really nice. The resort employees were VERY nice and my room had a breathtaking view of the ocean. The beach (which is directly in front of the hotel) is STUNNING!!! The softest sand I've ever felt. The water was perfect. I went parasailing (also directly in front of the hotel). The hotel will accomodate you with beach chairs, lounges and towels. The gift shop had fun items...yes some cheesy tourist items, but also some very nice items. My only complaint are the pools. Wayyy too many kids, which make it impossible to use. I think it would be a good idea to have one of the two pools designated for adults only. Other than that, I love this resort. I wanted to spend another weekend there, but the prices were a bit steep. I highly recommend this place...worth every penny.

Room Tip: Marriott rewrds members will get a room upgrade if available.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed over 4th of July week and I still can not believe that we were in Florida, it was a resort just like I have been to in the Caribbean. I was with my 6 yr old daughter and the hotel staff was so accommodating to her. I will definitely be going back there and it is highly recommended!! I went to the Spa and I can not say enough about how wonderful that place was!! I had the signature Bali Massage, pure heaven!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

My and husband and I went here for our first anniversary and had never been here before. We had been to Maui for our Honeymoon and just loved it but we must say that we are going here every year! This place is absolutely beautiful. The service was outstanding, the room was great - it was clean and modern! We stayed in the Island Tower with a partial Ocean View. Everyone we dealt with was friendly. The prices of food is pricey on the resort but that would not hold us back from coming back!! There is a pool for the kids, and a pool for the adults and they are just awesome! The place is well set up and great for family as well as couples that want to go and relax! We are already planning to go back! Two thumbs up!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club & Spa? Share your experiences!