“Wondeful stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 12 hotels in Marco Island
Amsterdam
“Wondeful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

I stayed here with my pregnant wife. Hotel staff (very international) were always making our stay pleasent. My advice is to book the breakfast as well. The patio in the morning is a delight, the food amazingly delicious. It's quite an expensive hotel, but I can wait to go back!!!

Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple

1,406 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

I'm late in reviewing this hotel. Our stay in May 2009 was great. The hotel is nicely appointed, especially the lobby. The rooms are nice, very clean, very quiet, and comfortable. It's not luxury--the furniture, lamps, etc. are pretty basic. It would be nice if they updated those things a bit. Bathrooms are spacious and very clean. We had a great view of the Gulf from our third-story window and balcony. No construction in either direction.

The hotel pool looked pretty nice (pretty basic though) and there were plenty of people swimming, but we spent every day on the beach. The hotel lets you have as many towels as you want. The beach is great; it was probably my tenth time to that beach. The water is great and you can walk/stroll for at least an hour+ in either direction. Bring some water shoes as there are some shells as you approach the water from where the chairs are set up. It's not terrible, though, you could still cross barefoot (my husband did). They set up umbrellas and chairs for you which are really nice and definitely worth it. They also have a waiter on the beach if you want to order lunch or a drink. We got a great rate by booking three months in advance and paying in advance with the breakfast buffet included. (This deal can be found on the website) It's worth it--the buffet is great and you don't have to have much lunch after all the food there.

The bartender in the tiki bar was great. Her name escapes me now, but she was super friendly and warm. She even went out of her way once when she was closing to serve us dinner. Tiki bar food was good.

We used the business center to check email. Everything worked fine except we had to wait each time. There's only 3 or 4 computers.

Staff was very friendly and accomodating, greeting us in the halls and appearing content and willing to do serve. The concierge even sent up a vase for some flowers she saw us bringing in. She also recommended some great places to eat. It's clear she enjoys serving. Oh, one last thing: they had an employee party on the beach one of the days we were there with a DJ blaring music through huge speakers. It was a catstrophe. Totally disturbing to us and others on the beach, who were trying to relax, read a book, and hear the ocean waves. We could not even hear ourselves think. After about 20 mintues of calling the front desk, etc., and other people calling, too, the manager came out, apologized, and shut down the DJ. He acknowledged they made a mistake in having that loud music going. We appreciated that very much and felt he was more than responsive, coming out to the beach himself and making sure everything was corrected. We plan to go back to this hotel, although perhaps earlier in the spring when it's not so hot.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2010

Just returned from a long weekend trip. Hotel lobby is nice along with pool and beach area. Our first room was on the 10th floor. As soon as we walked off the elevator the moldy smell hit us. Then we opened the door to our room and were really hit with the moldy smell. We thought ok we will open the patio door and try to air the room out and buy a room air freshener. Went out to dinner hoping when we returned room would smell better. No such luck. I have asthma and already had to use inhaler due to the moldy smell. We decided this room was not going to work for us, so I went down to front desk and explained the problem with the moldy smell. They were very nice and said for some reason the 10th floor has that problem. We were upgraded to a suite with a great view and that room and hallway also had a light moldy smell. But with the patio door open and air freshener it was fine. Well if the hotel is aware of there mold problem then they need to do something about it. Probably would not stay here again due to the mold problem unless this issue was resolved. I would like to say that the staff were very nice and tried to make our stay comfortable.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2010

We stayed at the Hilton Marco Island for ten nights through the Christmas holidays. I would highly recommend the hotel. The staff are sincere and attentive from the concierge to the breakfast crew to the many managers on duty. The location is wonderful and directly on the beach. The beach is long and wide and the shells are
great. (The beach chairs are free). The rooms are very large by any hotel standard and
are in excellent repair with 4star expectations.The breakfast was great and as there are a lot of cold cuts as you find in breakfast buffets in Europe, there was something for everyone. Okay, I read the reviews about mold and I was determined to work with the problem. We found that the "bamboo reed that go in a scented oil" to work just great. It is true. There was a mold smell in the room, but it absolutely disappeared with this solution. I have been to other older highly regard hotels by the sea and encountered the same issue. The hotel does not have this odor anywhere else on the premises. I am overly sensitive to sensory issues, so I am a reliable source. Now,to the feature that sets this hotel above others: the people. I walked down the beach and came upon the Marriott and walked around it and thought "oh dear, my family would have enjoyed all the updated features and the large crowd and the pool with the waterfall, etc. Then I walked over the the concierge desk to look at brochures and she did not even look up. I went about the hotel and found this attitude consistent except for the towel and recreation staff. I realized that the Hilton is a small hotel and we were receiving the special attention that you receive on a small ship. I would return to the Hilton for certain.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2010

Wonderful hotel, amazing staff! Great food!
Front desk staff were so helpful! Upgraded our room after the second night for a room with ocean view.
Rooms were clean and did not see.smell any mold in any of our rooms and we had 4 booked!!!
Great beach with lots and lots of shells.
Wonderful location!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Northbrook, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

Surprisingly large room, though 2 double beds (not queens). Room appeared to be recently upgraded (nice marble in bathroom and shower). Great view of the Gulf and easy walk out to the beach. Pool is larger than it looks on the Web site and is partially shaded. Small drinks by the pool but they don't water them down.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
north of chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

hilton marco island is set on beautiful & peaceful location with everything you could want on site. unfortunalely, the entire building is full of a moldy, mildew smell that hits you as soon as you get near. it flows out the balcony doors and lingers on clothing. i traveled as a solo parent with 4 young children for New Years following 7 days at Disney. I booked a gulf view upper floor. At check-in I was given a north (no sun all day) 1st floor all pool view (no gulf view). I refused. I was given a forth floor pool/partial gulf. Manager on site insisted i pay entire stay up-front. i said fine. i was tired, having drove in from Orlando. A heavy rain on our third day caused the mold/musty/mildew sitution to be unbearable. I am allergic. there is no seperate air condition for each roon, just a fan system. when this was turned on, it just blew it around and made matters worse. front desk switched to 8th floor south side (full sun all day/full ocean) which is what i booked and payed for. no difference. i did not turn on the fan and just stayed outdoors w/ heavy allergy medicine. marco was amazing and i would love to visit again. I will not stay at a Hilton, anywhere, again.

The hotel put a large hold on the credit card that held my reservation. the hotel then continued to pull funds from the debit/charge I paid for my stay with. i was charged for food/bar for which i never ate. hotel did credit the errors, now tying up nearly $1000.00 cash/credit in addition to paid in full, upfront, for room/tax/parking. they apologized and said the funds should be available in 3-5 days. great. melissa, north of chicago

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort? Share your experiences!