This was our first ever visit to Marco Island. We chose Hilton over Marriott, based on the reviews posted on TripAdvisor, and other hotel reviews available. One reason is that we wanted a more quiet resort. Another reason is that we wanted comfort, and a large room with ability to sleep four people in three separate good size, comfortable beds. We got that with the Hilton.
Stayed in Junior Suite with Ocean and Pool view (8th floor) for five nights during last week of August. The hotel was busy, but not full from Sun - Fri, which was good for us (family of four including two kids of 15 and 13 yrs). Overall, for a beach hotel, this seems close to as good as it gets, without going full luxury hotel. They call it a resort, but it is more of a mini-resort hotel. Overall, the stay was good, with many pros and just a couple things that could have been better. However, our package booked directly through HHonors was a great value, as the package included full breakfast for all five days (full buffet incuding custom omellete / egg station) with in-room internet included - - close to an all inclusive caribbean resort stay at a fraction of the cost, but all the benefits of staying state-side.
Check-in: Arrived just after 4PM check-in time on Sunday. Apparently, the hotel was booked solid over the weekend, and room cleaning was still on-going. Our room was not ready, so we were offered a $50.00 resort credit for food/beverage and a couple free drinks at the bar as a comp without asking - - a nice gesture. That said, as soon as we finished check-in and about to leave our luggage with the concierge, our room became available, at 4:15PM, so we did not have to wait anyway, and still enjoyed the comp.
Room: The junior suite was a good size room with two queen beds and a full size pull out couch, which allowed our kids (boy and girl) to sleep in their own beds. We were close to the beach end of the hotel, overlooking the pool, so the view from the balcony with a couple chairs was great. The room has a sink and vanity outside the bathroom, and another inside the bathroom, which is great for the family (efficient when getting ready to go out, etc.) The beds were comfortable. The air conditioning worked well enough, and was relatively quiet. We got some great pics of the beach and sunset from the balcony. Maid service was friendly, effective, and efficient. The maids would finish our room each morning while we were at a late breakfast, and provided extra items such as conditioner upon request. Only a couple things could have been better. The carpeting is a bit tired, and could use some updating, but was still in reasonable condition. The mini refrigerator kept freezing the water bottles solid, even when lowering the temperature setting.
Dining: The ful buffet breakfast was quite good, as was the service. The coffee and tea pots come full with at least three full cups of hot strong coffee. The orange juice is absolutely fresh. The selection of breakfast foods is extensive. The omelettes made at the custom omelette station were great. If the breakfast was not included in the total room price, we probably would have gone elsewhere, as the price is steep, especially when our two kids are not big breakfast eaters. However, it worked for the adults, as we ate big late breakfast, grabbed a couple items from the buffet to eat during afternoon (e.g., bananas, yogurts, muffins), and did not have to eat another full meal until dinner. The wait staff offers to provide coffee or tea to go as well, but the full pot with three full mugs downed during a leisurely breakfast was plenty. Still, it was a nice gesture. You have the choice of dining inside (air conditioned), or outside in screend patio.
We also ate at the casual restaurant where breakfast is served on the first evening. The food was quite good. Our daughter ordered the pork chop, which was very tender. She loved it. The quality was good, for reasonable price relative to restaurants on the island.
The kids ate lunch at the pool grill each day. My daughter raved about the french fries -- the best she has ever had, and it has ruined french fries for her from anywhere else. The drinks are bit expensive, but we did not order any alcoholic drinks -- just virgin smoothies. If you sit at the tables in the outdoor bar and grill area, the service is fast and good. Service around the pool was available, but only if you asked. We were happy with the lack of servers by the pool. At some resorts, the servers constantly ask you if they can get you something, to the point that it becomes annoying. We did not get asked one time while poolside, which was fine with us.
Pool: The pool is not large, but neither is the resort. It was a good size the number of people at the resort using the pool. The water is a good depth for staying cool in the water, and out of the heat. Our younger child thoroughly enjoyed the pool, and hardly got out during the time we spent by the pool. The pool area was clean, and reasonably quiet. It was relaxing. They play music at the pool all day. The music selection was heavy on early 80's music, which was fine with us. It seems they are targeting a demographic with that music - - people in 40's and 50's who will find it familiar.
Beach: The beach was clean and white. The ocean temp was 93, just a hair warmer than the pool. The water was calm. We used the hotel umbrella and chair service just one day. Otherwise, we stayed by the pool, and made a trip to the beach each day, to go for a jog on the beach, collect shells, and take a dip in the water. We do not spend much time on beaches, but this was quite nice.
Fitness Center: As our daughter the gymnast must do strength and conditioning each day, we visited the fitness center each day. On 3 of 4 days, we were the only two people in the fitness center. The fitness center is reasonable size for the size of the resort. It does not offer too much in way of strength training equipment, and has just a half dozen cardio machines (a few treadmills, couple elipticals, and one bike), but it worked fine for what we needed - - a space to do some floor work (push-ups, press handstands, abs, etc.), a pull-up bar, and some light dumbbells (up to 50 lbs), with a couple benches. The room includes towels, headsets for use with screens on the cardio machines, water, etc. The music stations available to play in the room are a bit odd - - not the most energizing music typical of a fitness center. We did not use the spa / spa services.
Overall, we were happy with the value, and would go back to Hilton Marco Island if making a return visit to Marco Island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa hotel is perfectly situated on the beautiful Marco Island beach on the Southwest Florida Gulf Coast. This AAA 4- Diamond deluxe 11-story Florida beach resort is only minutes from world-class golfing, the Florida Everglades National Park and some of Southwest Florida's best shopping, dining and recreational activities. Marco Island is conveniently located near Naples, Florida.At the Hilton Marco Island, Florida Resort and hotel, we feature 297 guest rooms including 22 gulf-view one-bedroom suites, and four luxuriously appointed two-bedroom penthouses.The Marco Island Spa at our resort hotel is the perfect hideaway in Southwest Florida. The Spa is a luxuriously appointed full service spa featuring signature facials, therapeutic massages, restoring body treatments, nail care, hair care and relaxation lounges. Our Marco Island spa also features a retail boutique as well as a state-of-the art fitness complex.The Hilton Marco Island, Florida hotel offers Activities and sightseeing opportunities for the entire familyThe Hilton Marco Island, FL hotel and resort offers guests an array of choices for both casual and elegant dining.Planning an Event or Meeting? With 12,000 square feet of total meeting and event facilities, superb catering, wonderful accommodations in a stunning location the Hilton hotel in Marco Island is everything you'll need for a flawless event.So whether for a family vacation, a weekend getaway or to attend a conference, make the Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa your choice in Southwest Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Amex, Booking.com, Tingo, Expedia, getaroom.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Travelocity so you can book your Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Marco Island Beach Hotel Marco Island
- Marco Island Beach Hilton Resort
- Hilton Resort Marco Island Beach
- Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort Florida