“First Class” 5 of 5 stars

Sunset Package
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Marco Island
“First Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We visit Marco Island every year and enjoy our stay at the Hilton. It is centrally located to other dining. The hotel is always clean and staff is very courteous. Would recommend the accommodation as first class.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Excellent hotel to stay in Marco Island, they have excellent service we were very happy. we made reservations again for August and any time we have a break come back to this Hotel they have very good excellent service and is very clean and nice

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

North Caldwell, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife and I had a very pleasant stay here. The beach was beautiful, beach chairs were complimentary, but you had to pay for umbrellas. The pool was large and never crowded. There were adequate elevators, so you never had to wait a long time and they were never crowded (a pet peeve of mine is long waits for elevators in hotels).

It was located in a nice neighborhood; with sidewalks so that you could easily take walks or bike rides if you wished. There were several strip malls within an easy walk with restaurants, small shops and a book store.

The hotel had two main restaurants. A formal high-end restaurant (only opened for dinner) and a more casual restaurant opened for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You could also have lunch (same menu) around the pool. For breakfast you could order from the menu, or have either a continental ($16) or a full breakfast buffet ($22). The restaurant had indoor and outdoor (screened porch) seating. The outdoor seating had a beautiful view of the ocean. It was our favorite place. For dinner, the restaurant had regular menus most nights, but had an optional seafood buffet on Fridays and Italian buffet on Saturdays. We had both, and they were very good (we are Italian- American so we are fussy regarding Italian food). We ate in the outdoor area and watched the sun set over the ocean as we ate dinner - very nice. We didn’t eat in more formal restaurant; the menu didn’t seem special enough to justify the prices. Also, the restaurant was freezing. The hotel A/C in the common areas was way too cold. You could not spend any time there in just shirt sleeves; a sweater or jacket was absolutely required to stay comfortable. When you are in Florida, you want A/C, but this was excessive.

We did have one very negative experience, the details of which are not important. Bad things can happen even in good hotels. When I complained, management responded immediately, rectified the situation, they then gave us a complementary bottle of Champaign, a fruit platter, as well two passes to full breakfast buffet. Sometimes you can measure a hotel by how they respond to problems.

We would definitely recommend this hotel, and we would stay there again. The primary CONS were paying for beach umbrellas, paying for self parking and excessive cold temperatures in the common areas.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
RizwanAnsari1, Manager at Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear bjaNJ, we appreciate all of your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. We are delighted to see that you had a very pleasant stay with us. Your comments will be shared with our team and we thank you for your recommendation to our Trip Advisor audience. However we are sorry that you had one negative experience on behalf of our team we truly apologize. We look forward to your next visit.
Naples
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Ive been going to Marco Island for over 15 years. This is a great property to stay at. Only thing I would have them chang is the pool area needs updated like the Marriott did a few years back. Other than that, they have a great staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I visited SW Florida for the first time last week and spent 3 days in Sarasota and 5 days on Marco Island and stayed at the Hilton. The setting is great – Marco Island is incredible and the Hilton is well situated right on the beach. There are several decent restaurants within walking distance and the hotel has nice amenities (spa, tennis courts, decent pool).

When checking in, I do believe I got a small upgrade to a room with a slightly better view than the one I initially reserved - as a loyal diamond, that's a nice perk.

From there, it went downhill quickly. I arrived at the hotel around 3:00 pm but no rooms were available (check in time is 4:00). When the room was ready an hour later, I unpacked and headed to the small pool bar for a drink and then went to dinner.

When I got back to the room at 10:00 pm, there was a small ceiling leak dripping through the recessed lighting fixture above the desk. It wasn't a downpour but it was a consistent leak and the desk was thoroughly wet (as was my phone charger). Called the front desk, they sent maintenance and I decided I probably should change rooms. Called the front desk back and they acted like they didn't know anything about the leak. Maybe there was a shift change in the 20 minutes... or maybe it was just a different person. Either way, the staff reacted rather poorly. But eventually, they moved me to a room 3 doors down the hall (same category but he view wasn't quite as good as the first room so I thought it was slight, albeit very slight, downgrade). But finally, at 11:00 pm, I was unpacked in the new room.

The next morning, the toilet in the new room overflowed and I had to call maintenance again. While maintenance was addressing the issue along with housekeeping, I decided to go play tennis. The tennis courts are nice tru courts and reservations are made through the spa. It costs $15/hour to play. I didn’t realize it wasn’t included when I made the hotel reservations (I play every day, sometimes twice a day). Paying $15/hour isn’t a big deal, but the courts have no amenities. Other thank bench, there is nothing. No umbrella, no chairs, no shade, no water, no towels, nothing. You’d think since there was a fee to play, they would provide a few basics. Anyway, after playing for 45 minutes, the court sprinklers came on and soaked me and my tennis partner.

What is it about this hotel and water??? A room leak, a toilet overflow and now a shower on the tennis court!!! And I had only been at the hotel about 16 hours!! I did go talk to the front desk at this point. I was seriously considering checking out of the hotel and checking into the Marriot a few doors down or driving back to Longboat key. I asked for the front desk manager but a trainee told me no one was available how could she help. So as I was asking about the early checkout penalties and explaining the situation, someone else who was doing other things overheard and told the trainee to go get the manager. By this time, I was pretty irritated… and it takes me a lot to get irritated. In the end, they offered me a $150 room credit and I told them I would give them another chance… but only one more chance.

After that, I settled into a nice routine of beach, tennis, and relaxation. Other than the first day, the hotel met my expectations and I would consider returning. The beach is excellent and the service on the beach was outstanding. I wish I could remember the girls name because she truly deserves a shout out. She was friendly and very efficient!

It did seem like they nickel and dime you at the hotel. $15/hour to play tennis, $18/day for an umbrella on the beach (really?), $8/day to self-park at the hotel.. those fees really start to add up after a few days.

The staff at the resort was great, other than the front desk staff. I left really only about 50% satisfied – not that anyone ever bothered to ask again. In the end, I would consider returning to the island and would probably consider the hotel again but with much more scrutiny. When you only have four days and one of them was like my first at the Marco Hilton, it does impact your vacation. But I gave it four stars because of the location, beach and amenities. But it’s all relative.. the location alone is worth at least one star.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Chester, we would first like to thank you for choosing our resort and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We truly value your loyalty as a Diamond member and we are truly sorry about the inconveniences you had. Our goal is to give our guests the best experience and satisfaction, and we have failed to do so. However all of your comments have been noted and will be passed along to our team to prevent future disappointment. Being a resort we do not have a resort fee and we like to keep our guests options open as to what they would like to use when they are here. Once again we do apologize and as you mentioned you would consider coming back and we hope that if you do we could provide you with a brighter experience.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel is full of great people who all make their guests feel welcome. The common areas were all clean and neat, the guest rooms all perfect, the food was superb, and the pool and beach areas were immaculate. I liked the fact that there were pool toys and rafts available for their guests.

Room Tip: Beach view rooms were great.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
C hicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

This hotel gets my 5 E up rating.Only 3 other H properties reserved for this.
Reserved with both points and $$ ( Diamond Status) at last minute for our 41 st anniversary.Made it to 41 by being away on business so often, I guess........
They upgraded me, although all rooms have a gulf view - balcony.
Staff seemed to actually enjoy working with people,which is not always the case when you travel so much..
Good management is always the reason.
Breakfast is great, although typical resort pricing.
Two easy beach acesses with complimentery chase lounges.
Pool is huge and Kid friendly with activities. Showing poolside movies at the pool.
Self parking is $10/ Day with easy in and out privileges.
Found a very good Italian/Pizza place called Joeys-just north of San Marco on right hand side. Huge portions-kid friendly-reasonably priced.Draft beer!
Grizzeled Chicago Warrior.......

Room Tip: They are all good! North side is overlooking the pool-south side over the Tennis courts. This Hote...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
RizwanAnsari1, Manager at Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear D B, we would first like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay and for choosing our resort. We are glad we were able to be a part of an important event for you and we truly value your loyalty as a Hilton Honors Diamond member. We hope there is many more trip planned to sunny Marco Island.

Been to Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort? Share your experiences!