We had a great 3-day "mini-honeymoon" stay at the Hilton Marco Island right after our wedding (our "real" honeymoon will be Hawaii in January). It was not a 5-star, luxury resort, but it was very nice, especially for the low rate ($145-ish/night in mid-November). The convenience and service were the best.
Service: From the moment we checked in and our room was upgraded to an ocean view, we had pleasant experiences with the staff. They also were helpful in recommended restaurants and transportation and booking the taxis for us.
Convenience: It was so easy to get to the beach right from the pool/deck at the hotel, and the chairs were free. Umbrellas could be rented. It was even easy to go back and forth between beach and pool, and you could order food at the pool or even right from your beach chairs! We have a nice shot of ourselves enjoying drinks with umbrellas in them and eating lunch right on the beach. The beach view was beautiful and the pool was very nice, with a hot tub also. The only downside is that you can't see the ocean from the pool chairs. You can see it from the deck with the restaurant tables where you an order food or have a drink.
Rooms/hotel: For a non-luxury hotel, I was impressed. Our room was spacious, including a couch in a little side area next to the beds. It also included a balcony that looked over the pool and ocean, which was a nice amenity as well. In the evening it was fun to open the door and hear the vacation-y happy hour music playing down at the pool bar. Once the doors were closed, it was appropriately quiet.
Food: We didn't eat at any of the hotel restaurants except the pool bar, but that food was delicious for what it was (basics like fried food, burgers, etc.). There were also other convenient options like a Starbucks cart and a convenience store inside the hotel (although it was pricey and there was a 7-11 across the street where we ultimately went to stock up on water).
Nearby: One of the best surprises, given that we thought we would be hotel-bound as we hadn't rented a car, is that there was a little strip mall across the street that at first looked like exactly that, but upon entering and turning a corner, turned out to be a very pretty plaza with multiple options for outdoor (or indoor) dining. We had a delicious dinner at the Italian restaurant there. It was a perk to have all of those options just a walk across the street. We also took a very affordable cab ride to a different restaurant (Fin, highly rated on this site) another night.
Overall, it was exactly what we wanted for a relaxing mini-honeymoon: great service; great pool, beach, and bar; convenient; and relaxing. I'd recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa hotel is perfectly situated on the beautiful Marco Island beach on the Southwest Florida Gulf Coast. This AAA 4- Diamond deluxe 11-story Florida beach resort is only minutes from world-class golfing, the Florida Everglades National Park and some of Southwest Florida's best shopping, dining and recreational activities. Marco Island is conveniently located near Naples, Florida.At the Hilton Marco Island, Florida Resort and hotel, we feature 297 guest rooms including 22 gulf-view one-bedroom suites, and four luxuriously appointed two-bedroom penthouses.The Marco Island Spa at our resort hotel is the perfect hideaway in Southwest Florida. The Spa is a luxuriously appointed full service spa featuring signature facials, therapeutic massages, restoring body treatments, nail care, hair care and relaxation lounges. Our Marco Island spa also features a retail boutique as well as a state-of-the art fitness complex.The Hilton Marco Island, Florida hotel offers Activities and sightseeing opportunities for the entire familyThe Hilton Marco Island, FL hotel and resort offers guests an array of choices for both casual and elegant dining.Planning an Event or Meeting? With 12,000 square feet of total meeting and event facilities, superb catering, wonderful accommodations in a stunning location the Hilton hotel in Marco Island is everything you'll need for a flawless event.So whether for a family vacation, a weekend getaway or to attend a conference, make the Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa your choice in Southwest Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Marco Island Beach Hotel Marco Island
- Marco Island Beach Hilton Resort
- Hilton Resort Marco Island Beach
- Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort Florida