This is a review of the Hilton Resort, on Marco Island. Before I start, however, I wanted everyone to be aware of Condo Rentals on Marco Island.
I had made a reservation to stay at Sunset on the Gulf, a four Tower Condo. Because of a permanent back/leg issue, I had my agent make sure that the property was located "right on the beach" because I couldn't walk far. My agent telephoned the realty company that leased/rented units for owners. She was told and I was given the information that the particular Tower we were booked in was on the beach. This turned out to be a total misrepresentation as the property was several hundred yards from the beach. Anyway, always ask, make sure. In the end, you might be better off staying at a known resort.
Wm wife, daughter and I arrived at Marco Island on Saturday, around 1:30PM, after taking off at 5:30 AM from Philadelphia. Because of the circumstances described above, we had to scurry around to find a place to stay. There are only 3 resorts on Marco Island; the rest being high rise condos, etc. Fortunately, the Hilton was able to give us a room.
The setting of the Hilton is very nice, an almost tropical setting. Directly outside the lobby is a large, heated swimming pool, with plenty of lounge chairs. Right off of the pool is a great pool-side restaurant that serves above-average food at reasonable 'hotel prices'. From the restaurant, a very short walk on a small boardwalk drops you onto the beach. This is a gorgeous beach, nice and wide with sand that doesn't heat up in the warm sun. Beach lounge chairs are free, but a beach umbrella will set you back $10.00/day. Although not known for shelling, the beach is quite filled with sea-shells of all varieties; best time to shell is right after high tide.
The room we were given was quite large, about 425 square feet, with two queen beds and a pull-out sofa. Despite there being three of us, we never got into each other's way and were quite comfortable throughout our stay.Housekeeping was prompt and did a thorough job of cleaning the room.
The rooms are set in a diagonal way and each room has a pretty good view of the gulf from your balcony. By the way, DO NOT MISS THE SUNSETS....They are spectacular.
I was extremely impressed with the service. Whether for more towels and pillows, or to check on the sir-conditioning, it seemed that someone was knocking on our door within 5 minutes of the request being made. Moreover, we received a phone call shortly thereafter, making sure we were satisfied that our request was fulfilled. In all my stays at various hotels/resorts, this is the first time I have ever experienced this level of service and customer satisfaction. No matter what time of day, every staff member you passed had a pleasant word for you. Hard to believe, but true.
The only negative thing I have to point out was the way our hotel rate was structured. We arrived on a Saturday and were given a rate of $199/night for 3 days. After that, the rate went up to $299.00/night. When I questioned why, I was told that the hotel was 100% booked for a conference. I didn't think that this was any sort of reason to raise the rate by $100/night, but I kept my mouth shut as this was the only game in town.
Overall, a great experience....And we were told that we came had a good time. So a word of advice...During season, the island crawls with traffic. The population more than triples.
I believe that you will find the Hilton to be everything that I reviewed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa hotel is perfectly situated on the beautiful Marco Island beach on the Southwest Florida Gulf Coast. This AAA 4- Diamond deluxe 11-story Florida beach resort is only minutes from world-class golfing, the Florida Everglades National Park and some of Southwest Florida's best shopping, dining and recreational activities. Marco Island is conveniently located near Naples, Florida.At the Hilton Marco Island, Florida Resort and hotel, we feature 297 guest rooms including 22 gulf-view one-bedroom suites, and four luxuriously appointed two-bedroom penthouses.The Marco Island Spa at our resort hotel is the perfect hideaway in Southwest Florida. The Spa is a luxuriously appointed full service spa featuring signature facials, therapeutic massages, restoring body treatments, nail care, hair care and relaxation lounges. Our Marco Island spa also features a retail boutique as well as a state-of-the art fitness complex.The Hilton Marco Island, Florida hotel offers Activities and sightseeing opportunities for the entire familyThe Hilton Marco Island, FL hotel and resort offers guests an array of choices for both casual and elegant dining.Planning an Event or Meeting? With 12,000 square feet of total meeting and event facilities, superb catering, wonderful accommodations in a stunning location the Hilton hotel in Marco Island is everything you'll need for a flawless event.So whether for a family vacation, a weekend getaway or to attend a conference, make the Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa your choice in Southwest Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Amex, Booking.com, Tingo, getaroom.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Travelocity so you can book your Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Marco Island Beach Hotel Marco Island
- Marco Island Beach Hilton Resort
- Hilton Resort Marco Island Beach
- Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort Florida