“Great Resort on the Beach” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Dining Credit
Ranked #5 of 13 hotels in Marco Island
philadelphia
“Great Resort on the Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is a review of the Hilton Resort, on Marco Island. Before I start, however, I wanted everyone to be aware of Condo Rentals on Marco Island.

I had made a reservation to stay at Sunset on the Gulf, a four Tower Condo. Because of a permanent back/leg issue, I had my agent make sure that the property was located "right on the beach" because I couldn't walk far. My agent telephoned the realty company that leased/rented units for owners. She was told and I was given the information that the particular Tower we were booked in was on the beach. This turned out to be a total misrepresentation as the property was several hundred yards from the beach. Anyway, always ask, make sure. In the end, you might be better off staying at a known resort.

Wm wife, daughter and I arrived at Marco Island on Saturday, around 1:30PM, after taking off at 5:30 AM from Philadelphia. Because of the circumstances described above, we had to scurry around to find a place to stay. There are only 3 resorts on Marco Island; the rest being high rise condos, etc. Fortunately, the Hilton was able to give us a room.

The setting of the Hilton is very nice, an almost tropical setting. Directly outside the lobby is a large, heated swimming pool, with plenty of lounge chairs. Right off of the pool is a great pool-side restaurant that serves above-average food at reasonable 'hotel prices'. From the restaurant, a very short walk on a small boardwalk drops you onto the beach. This is a gorgeous beach, nice and wide with sand that doesn't heat up in the warm sun. Beach lounge chairs are free, but a beach umbrella will set you back $10.00/day. Although not known for shelling, the beach is quite filled with sea-shells of all varieties; best time to shell is right after high tide.

The room we were given was quite large, about 425 square feet, with two queen beds and a pull-out sofa. Despite there being three of us, we never got into each other's way and were quite comfortable throughout our stay.Housekeeping was prompt and did a thorough job of cleaning the room.

The rooms are set in a diagonal way and each room has a pretty good view of the gulf from your balcony. By the way, DO NOT MISS THE SUNSETS....They are spectacular.

I was extremely impressed with the service. Whether for more towels and pillows, or to check on the sir-conditioning, it seemed that someone was knocking on our door within 5 minutes of the request being made. Moreover, we received a phone call shortly thereafter, making sure we were satisfied that our request was fulfilled. In all my stays at various hotels/resorts, this is the first time I have ever experienced this level of service and customer satisfaction. No matter what time of day, every staff member you passed had a pleasant word for you. Hard to believe, but true.

The only negative thing I have to point out was the way our hotel rate was structured. We arrived on a Saturday and were given a rate of $199/night for 3 days. After that, the rate went up to $299.00/night. When I questioned why, I was told that the hotel was 100% booked for a conference. I didn't think that this was any sort of reason to raise the rate by $100/night, but I kept my mouth shut as this was the only game in town.

Overall, a great experience....And we were told that we came had a good time. So a word of advice...During season, the island crawls with traffic. The population more than triples.

I believe that you will find the Hilton to be everything that I reviewed.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room that was closes to the elevator. Try to get a room at the end of the hall. Bet...

1,540 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We just spent four nights at the Hilton Marco Island as part of a medical conference. We found the rooms to be very clean and comfortable, with lots of little extras that we appreciated. The conference facilities, food, and staff attention to detail were top-notch.
The rooms were quiet and the bed was sooo very comfy. We didn't get to use the spa this time around, but heard great reviews, and prices seemed reasonable for a resort. The pool was nice and clean, with plenty of beach chairs. The beach is only a few feet from the hotel, and is well-kept and easy to walk in both directions from the hotel.
We took an Eco-Tour, which we recommend. Included on the tour were an airboat ride, guided bus tour, visit to an animal farm, and a short nature walk. The wildlife (birds galore, gators, and snakes [behind glass] were beautiful and fascinating. We definitely weren't in Texas, Toto.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Metro Detroit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband and I have been to the Hilton on Marco Island several times but this was the first time we visited the spa. It was wonderful! We enjoyed a couple's massage. The facility and the staff was very nice. I can't wait to visit the spa again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

What a lovely hotel in a great location. We were on our honeymoon and were upgraded foc to a penthouse suite on the tenth floor that had just been renovated. It was fabulous. They also sent us champagne and chocolate coated strawberries just after our arrival whilst we were still admiring the views from the huge balcony. Beach was excellent as was the pool, cannot wait to return.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Odiham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

we were a family of four travelling through Florida and we are very glad we stopped at Marco Island, and this hotel.
The pool was great for cooling off after travel. The beach was very clean with lots of shells for the kids (of all ages) to mess about with with nice warm sea.
The upgraded rooms are excellent and the views from the balconies are excellent.

Not sure a quality hotel like this needs to be charging $10 for parking is my only minor gripe.

Room Tip: The higher the better to see the beach, Gulf and just how flat Florida is!
Finger Lakes Region
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I visited the spa with my sister as part of her birthday celebration and we both were impressed with the entire experience! The sap was very clean and tranquil, and our attendant Tammy was the BEST and we were treated as we had hoped, pampered, relaxed and waited on and a great massage as well. There were a lot of little extras that really make you feel special. If I visit Marco Island again this will be on my list of to do's and if your in the area take advantage of some pamering at this wonderful spa, you won't be disappointed. Many thanks to Tammy for making us feel so special!!

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 5 nights recently while my husband attended a conference. The hotel is very nice and clean and rooms very spacious. We had a king-bed room overlooking the pool and gulf which was very roomy and comfortable. All hotel staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. Pool area is great, however, I found the lounge chairs are placed way too close together so you are practically sitting on top of strangers. Ordered room service a couple of times and besides being overpriced (which is usual for room service), none of the food was very good. I would definitely stay at this hotel again if ever in Marco Island.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort? Share your experiences!