“Really is an Awesome Adventure” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 62 activities in Marco Island
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Capt Ron's does only one thing, Waverunner Adventures. Our reviews speak for themselves. After managing Marco Island's largest Watersports company for 23yrs and dealing with hotel guests from the Marriott, Hilton, Marco Beach Ocean Resort, and Marriott Crystal Shores for nearly 30yrs, we believe we know the "secret" to meeting and keeping new customers. NO "nickle & dime", NO hidden or extra fees, everything is INCLUDED. Our philosophy is simple; ALWAYS do the right thing, and stick to ONE thing and do it WELL! We'll treat you like family & friends and always have a 100% money back guarantee if you are not satisfied for ANY reason. Try us out and see why SO MANY are SKIPPING the Waverunner tours offered at exclusive beachfront hotels for Capt Ron's Awesome Everglades Adventures!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Marco Island, Florida
“Really is an Awesome Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Second time for this trip. Took our young adult children. Everyone had a wonderful, fun time while learning about the local 10,000 islands environment. Highly recommend!

Chicago, Illinois
“Nice tour but not recommended for pregnant people”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Looking back, going on this tour pregnant was a big mistake that caused me A LOT of anxiety, and so I feel compelled to write this review letting others know why this tour is a bad idea:

1.) "Slow and steady" means 20mph on average which to many is pretty fast.
2.) The waverunners create A LOT of noise at those speeds. That noise is right in between your legs.
3.) Your legs are in a fixed position on the seat of the waverunner (2+ hours). This was super uncomfortable and my legs started cramping up early on.
4.) The trip is 3 hours long and there are no restrooms or restroom stops. I did not realize this when I booked. I got so desperate that I went behind some bushes on the shelling beach.
5.) Despite being told otherwise, the tour does go through the open ocean (as opposed to the protected mangroves) to get to the shelling beach. There, I was pummeled with a few large waves. It was terrifying.
6.) You are lead into a pretty complicated thick of mangroves. I wanted to end this tour early on but I did not think we could find our way out on our own and I was trying to be cognizant of the others in my group. Looking back, I should have called it quits after I figured out how the tour was going to go after about minute 15.
7.) There are a lot of little bumps and you are pretty much moving the whole time with few stops (basically only when you see dolphins) for the first 2+ hours so that is a formula for some serious nausea.
8.) If you consult with your doc (which I did) without having gone on the trip and knowing the above factors, I don't think he or she can give an accurate ok.

Overall, this was not a fun experience for me. There is such a high risk if something were to go wrong that it is just not worth it. The risk factors I did not consider include hitting your stomach while being pummeled with a wave, and colliding with one of many natural obstructions on the route (rocky beds etc). Upon such an injury, your placenta could detach causing serious complications.

So, not preggo, I say go for it, but I wish I knew the above before I signed up. If I had known, I would have never gone!

Visited November 2013
Ron H, Owner at Capt. Ron's Awesome Everglades Adventures, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
I'm confused. Did Capt Ron's deliver a 1-Star Adventure? Or, did this customer and her Dr. make a 1-Star decision?
Richmond, VA
18 attraction reviews
“fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We had a wonderful time with Avi. My husband and I each had our own jet skis. There was one other couple sharing a jet ski. It was so much fun. If you are with someone, go ahead and share a jet ski - I could have had more time to take pics if I wasn't driving :) The dolphins were so cool - definitely a first for me. I have always wanted to swim with dolphins but the fear of a wild animal (even in captivity) has stopped me. This was the next best thing - one surfaced right beside my jet ski several times and watch them "race" with us was something I doubt I'll ever get to experience again that up close and personal! Avi was so great - he is so knowledgeable about southern Florida and all that goes with it - the seashells, the islands, the wildlife, etc. Could not have asked for more. And thank you for including a CD of pics free as part of the package instead of nickeling and diming us!

Visited December 2013
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Fri 6th Dec 2013 Family of 4 Boys aged 12 & 16”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

We are a family of 4 ... with 2 sons 12 & 16....... we had a wonderful time on this tour.... Avi was our guide and had a wealth of knowledge and info to share with us..... and as mentioned previously by several other people he is a natural with the Dolphins.... we saw Dolphins & Manatees...We had 2 Dolphins follow alongside and jump in the wake of the waverunner, also some amazing shells on the tiny island we beached on. instruction was excellent and the controls for the waverunners were explained to us very well........and in addition we had time to practice and get used to the waverunners in the bay before heading out into the open water and greater speeds....iceboxes on board with bottled water were very much appreciated. We were instructed to follow Avi in a line ...taking exactly the same route as him to avoid sand banks etc.......... he knew exactly were he was going and led us on a great adventure. this day is one we will always remember........ wouldn't hestitate to recommend !! worth every penny !!.

Visited December 2013
Los Alamitos, California
“Great Time Jetskiing in Marco Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I took my family on a jetski tour based on a reccomendation of an employee of ours that went when she was in marco island. this was the highlight of our trip. my daughter (7 yrs old) loved the speed of the jetskiis and the dolphins that we slowed down and took pictures of. Avi was very knowledgable of the area, animals and sealife we saw. Shelling on the sandbar was a great time as well. We found some beautiful shells that the kids decorated their rooms with then we got home. I would highly reccomend this trip. it was well organized, very safe, and fun.