“Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 73 Activities in Marco Island
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Capt Ron's does only one thing, Waverunner Adventures. Our reviews speak for themselves. After managing Marco Island's largest Watersports company for 23yrs and dealing with hotel guests from the Marriott, Hilton, Marco Beach Ocean Resort, and Marriott Crystal Shores for nearly 30yrs, we believe we know the "secret" to meeting and keeping new customers. NO "nickle & dime", NO hidden or extra fees, everything is INCLUDED. Our philosophy is simple; ALWAYS do the right thing, and stick to ONE thing and do it WELL! We'll treat you like family & friends and always have a 100% money back guarantee if you are not satisfied for ANY reason. Try us out and see why SO MANY are SKIPPING the Waverunner tours offered at exclusive beachfront hotels for Capt Ron's Awesome Everglades Adventures!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
New York City, New York
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We were fortunate to have a beautiful day when we visited Captain Ron's...we had Ron as our tour guide which was wonderful! We were able to get a real feel for Marco Island and the surrounding area and were able to ride with a dolphin and see a ton of wild life. We also stopped by some really cool tourist spots such as Keewaydin Island for the shelling (amazing) and mice island/cape Romano. It was a bit on the expensive side but the trip was a full 3 hours, a disk of your adventure is included and you can have up to 3 people on 1 jet ski (up to 400 pounds). I recommend it!

Visited November 2013

Marco Island, Florida
“Nice time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a remote based operation, albeit a fun time. Lots to see. Knowledgeable guides, modern equipment.

Visited April 2013
Marco Island, Florida, United States
13 attraction reviews
“want to see dolphins and manatee? See Ron”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Ron leaves fro Caxambas Park. Convenient and lots of free parking.
Ron has excellent wave runners and guides know ways to find sea life. Pick a calm day and go faster!

Visited September 2013
new jersey
“I expected more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Captain Ron's came highly recommended, here on tripadvisor and elseware. My husband and I sprung for the 3 hour tour.. and I was expecting just that. What our trip consisted of mostly was 3 hours of jet ski riding at what I would consider a high speed. It was quite tiring and monotonous. We never got to do any shelling. Perhaps I should have better read the reviews or asked more questions. Avi was very kind and knowledgable, but for me this was more of a thrill-seekers' tour. I cannot really fault them, but this is not a tour I would recommend to families seeking exploration of the area. I also found it quite pricey for a simple 3 hour jet ski ride..

Visited November 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Wow, that was fun! Avi (pronounced "Ah-Vee") is a courteous, friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and safety conscious guide that gave us a great tour. He knew the areas where the dolphins hung out and really got us close to them. He knew a lot about their habits and what they happened to be doing at the time. Avi also knows a lot about the Everglades in general and shares very interesting information throughout the tour. We saw and learned about the birds we saw, including the beautiful Spoonbill. It was low tide, so he had us stop at a secluded beach so we could go shelling. Even on the beach, Avi pointed out several things that we may not have noticed, like a sea sponge, sea "olives" and a clam bed where they were "pooping" sand into little piles. Even though he's been doing these tours for years, he seemed to be genuinely happy to show us stuff.

While we stopped here and there to observe the dolphins, there were several times where we were going full blast from one place to the next, so if you're nervous about speed, you may want to consider that. Our wave runner maxed out at 43 mph, which seems pretty fast on the water. Since I don't ride them very often, it took me a little while to get comfortable, but I was loving it once I got a feel for it. My wife and I shared a wave runner but the two other couples each had their own. They are large so two can easily fit, and my wife was happy to just hold on and enjoy the view.

Perhaps one of the coolest things is that Avi gave us a CD of all the pics he took during the tour. He really made an effort to get good shots of us with the dolphins. While he was burning the CDs in his pickup, he had us gather around so he could show us some of the best shots and even shared some photo editing tips to make them look even better.

Hey Avi, we'll be back in early January so our 19 & 21 year old kids can enjoy your tour, too!

Visited October 2013