“Worst buffet ever” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 104 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Family owned and operated. French cuisine and seafood specialities creatively prepared by award winning chef Denis Meurgue. Relax and enjoy your home away from home. Step back into history at the jewel of the island. Celebrate in our beautiful and charming atmosphere. In addition to our extensive wine list, we offer a full bar and have entertainment in our bar. Please call for details.
Marco Island, Florida, United States
“Worst buffet ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were attending a club party here. We had tables outside it was beautiful. We went to go get our dinner which was a buffet. We were towards the end of the line probably 10 people behind us. Very few vegetables on the vegetable tray and no dip left. Someone asked if there was more dip and they were told no. Who runs out of dip on the buffet? Only about 2 tablespoons of the watered-down salad dressing left. I had some rice, chicken and pork. The rice was undercooked and hard. The pork was just a hunk of fat, no edible part, and the owner had served it to me! The chicken had lemon slices under the skin and some very bitter seasonings. The chicken was terrible. This was the worst buffet we have ever been to.

travelerldb, Owner at Bistro Soleil at the Olde Marco Inn, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I apologize that you were not satisfied at the recent event you attended. I am wondering what time you arrived as when I went to check with my husband who was still serving at the buffet, there was still a good amount of food left. Despite the fact that this was not an all you can eat type event, prior to the awards being given out, there were some gentleman coming back for seconds and thirds of the pork and chicken as everyone had already been through the buffet line. Yes, my husband was the person serving the meat on the buffet. He is always happy to serve a different piece of meat. For example, if someone prefers a rare piece of meat when we serve beef at buffets, he is happy to oblige. When serving chicken, he always asks if our guest prefers white meat of dark meat. In preparing these types of events, which was on a limited budget, my husband thoroughly discusses the menu and the offerings. He worked with the organizers in making suggestions to fit their budget and palettes. They were quite pleased with the chickens that were cooked on our out door rotisserie. The organizers and ourselves, received many comments on the wonderful evening. Again, I apologize and we look forward to serving you at their Christmas event.
Lisa

Toronto
“Hidden Gem (Literally)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Discovered the Bistro Soleil a few years ago on a business trip to Marco Island. Took a group of 10 out for dinner to the Bistro Soleil last night and once again it did not disappoint. A unique "Old Florida" type mansion tucked away in Old Marco. Food was taste and presentation were excellent, service was excellent. The group I took out last night we seasoned Marco Island diners and all were very impressed. The tables at the Bistro Soleil are also very well spaced so you don't feel like the diners next to you are sharing your conversations. Next time in Marco Island, I'll be back here!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience! We are so happy that you were pleased on your return visit to Bistro Soleil! We were happy to serve you and your guests and look forward to your next visit!
Merci,
Lisa
Marco Island, Florida
“Fantastique!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I'm a little late with this review as I was here awhile ago! The food is tremendous! Everything was PERFECT! The staff is friendly and welcoming and knowledgeable. I went here twice in one week. One night I had cocktails in the lovely lounge with beautiful music and fun people. I ordered Brie Quesadilla and Saumon Fume fait maison to share . The salmon was wonderful and both items were great. Later that week I went in for dinner with 3 others and had a perfect filet and the best lobster bisque with sherry drizzle. Also creme brulee is outstanding. Everyone I was with enjoyed their meals too. Lamb, Salmon, Steak....the chef is very talented. Was offered a lovely red wine from the wine list. I have also seen them at the Farmer's Market in season and have bought the apple tart to bring to work and share with friends. LOVE!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited August 2013
Lake Worth, Florida
“A really fancy treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The food was great. The atmosphere was very elegant. There was a piano player playing near the bar which really made it feel fancy. With desert, I ordered the Night in Florida on the rocks (a wonderful liquer drink) that topped off a fabulous dinner.

Visited August 2013
Marco Island, Florida
“BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Perfection - your staff (daughter especially), presentation, and outrageously wonderful meal. If that weren't enough, dessert was a master piece. Thank you some much for your special birthday note on the menus. My birthday celebration was grand thanks to your personal touches. All six of us could not stop talking on the way home about the superb feast we had just savored.

• Visited June 2013