“The Olde Marco Inn it ain't!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 103 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Family owned and operated. French cuisine and seafood specialities creatively prepared by award winning chef Denis Meurgue. Relax and enjoy your home away from home. Step back into history at the jewel of the island. Celebrate in our beautiful and charming atmosphere. In addition to our extensive wine list, we offer a full bar and have entertainment in our bar. Please call for details.
Naples, Florida
“The Olde Marco Inn it ain't!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

I frequented the Olde Marco Inn in the 1990's when it was at it's height of glory. Marian Blomeier was the owner and Johnny Angel was the entertainer. The place was packed every night! As soon as it became the Cirque De Soleil, it was a joke. The french owners no about as much about running a fine dining experience as Dumbo the elephant! The food is boring and bland at best and the entertainment is exactly what you need if you want to go to sleep. Don't waste your money, it'll never be what it was.

• Visited December 2010
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Perfect food, perfect atmosphere, perfect service for a rehearsal dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

I have so many nice things to say about my experience planning my son's rehearsal dinner and the night of the dinner, I don't know where to begin. Denis, owner and chef worked with me to plan a menu for 32 that was affordable and appetizing. Because I was doing the planning from Pennsylvania, I was a bit nervous. The night of the event I arrived to a room that was beautiful. I had given them conch shells from our trip to the Bahamas and they made gorgeous centerpieces with greens and flowers. Simple and elegant. The food was served efficiently with a wonderful presentation. Nothing compared to the taste. I had lobster bisque soup which was wonderful. I then had a nice salad and for my entree' tilapia stuffed with crabmeat. It was done perfectly. For dessert I had the best creme brulee I have ever had. It was light with a thin crust-perfectly done. All the guests raved about the other entrees. My husband had the beef tenderloin wrapped with bacon. He said it was cooked perfectly. The cassolette of seafood was also a big hit. I felt so good about the whole evening for my son and future daughter-in-law. It could not have been more perfect. Thank you Denis and Lisa for making our evening more special by providing a relaxing atmosphere and excellent food.

• Visited May 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
“Bistro Soleil at the Olde Marco Inn has it all...service, entertainment, drinks, appetizers and great dining room.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

Great selection of exceptional appetizers during happy hour, and great personal service in the bar and dining room. The atmosphere is old Florida with a French Bistro flair, it's comfortable with plenty of room for dancing to a talented pianist or just sitting back and hum along. The dining room is open and airy with an excellent menu and well prepared dishes, all at reasonable prices.

• Visited April 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tampa, Florida
“WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

My Husband and I were visiting from Tampa and while biking around the Island, we stumbled across Bistro Soleil and decided to have dinner there that night. Upon entering the Restaurant, I was immediately charmed by the beauty of the interior. It only got better! The food was absolutely fantastic and the service was exceptional! Our server was attentive and very helpful in offering suggestions. We started with the Shrimp and Crab Appetizer and the Goat Cheese Tartin. Delicious! My Husband ordered the Rack of Lamb, and I ordered one of their specials, which was Red Snapper topped with crabmeat and a caper butter sauce that was fantastic! My husband loves Rack of Lamb and said it was by far the best he had ever had. Afterward, we enjoyed coffee in the bar area where they had great entertainment. We will definitely go back and will recommend it to all of our friends who visit Marco Island. Definitely a delightful discovery!!

• Visited March 2011
Marco Island, Florida
“What else could you as for.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011 via mobile

Wait staff is attentive. Food is amazing. Musical entertainer is exceptional and just a All around gifted person. Owners are on par for knowing what they are doing and the place says old Florida with style. If you have not tried it please do. You will not be disappointed. Did not like rack of lamb before, but will probably only get it here as I devoured it. The best.