“Wow, What a Find!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gino's Olde Marco Trattoria

Gino's Olde Marco Trattoria
969 N Collier Blvd, Corner of Collier and Bald Eagle, Marco Island, FL 34145-2193
+1 239-389-4368
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #52 of 103 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Pizza & Pasta, Pasta
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Whether it's an intimate dinner for two or a party for your large gathering, come visit us at Gino's Trattoria to satisfy your cravings. It may be home made Italian or hand tossed pizza our specialty is your satisfaction. We now offer a FULL BAR, with lots of space for large parties. Please come in and check us out. We'd love to see you!
Manhattan, Kansas
“Wow, What a Find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My wife and I spent a week vacationing on Marco Island, and discovered Gino's by using my Tripadvisor Android app. Easy to find, but also tucked away at the end of a small strip center, the food and service were impeccable. Make no mistake, this is a simple neighborhood-style casual place that smells wonderful when you walk in the door, not a white tablecloth formal place. It was so good the first night that we actually returned a second time, which we rarely do while on vacation.

Meal one was two dinner salads and literally one of the best thin crust pizzas I've had in my life. I am a trained professional bakery scientist, and my jobs over the past 32 years have taken me to lots of bakeries and pizzerias, and I've had my share of decent pizza in the process, but Gino's blew almost all of them away. As other reviews have stated, I was shocked when our medium pie was brought to the table. At Gino's, a medium is 16 inches, not the 14 inches that practically everyone else has adopted to fatten the bottom line. And what a pizza! A five topping Supreme, it was the perfect blend of fresh-made dough, excellent quality sauce, cheese that actually had some stretch to it and that increasingly rare true cheese flavor, and enough toppings to make things interesting without being either too bare or too overloaded. The two of us polished off that whole pie by ourselves! On our way out, I stopped at the counter and told our server what a great meal we had, and that we just might have to come back. The pizza maker behind her had a nice grin on his face, too...

Our second visit was a direct result of our pizza meal. During that first meal, as we were wolfing down that awesome pizza, our server whisked by our table with two heaping bowls of spaghetti and meatballs and spaghetti and sausage. Guess what we ate on the second visit? You got it, and it, too, was simply wonderful. Tender, fall-apart meatballs perfectly seasoned, excellent quality Italian sausage, pasta cooked just right, YUM! And for an appetizer, the garlic bread with cheese served with a bowl of marinara for dipping. Best we've ever had!

I know some folks might read this and be suspicious of the glowing review, but for two landlubbers from the heart of beef country, this was a spectacular place to eat. And both times, we noticed several vehicles in the lot with Collier County plates that were obviously not rental cars. So the locals like it here, too. Nuff said.

If we go back to Marco in the future, our first night's dinner will more than likely be at Gino's! I miss it already...

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Miami, Florida
“Hidden Treasure in Olde Marco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We discovered this small but outstanding establishment almost by mistake. we decided to give it a try and we were extremely surprised at how good it is. We ordered the lasagna and it was excellent as was the chicken parm. The restaurant also makes a yummy bruschetta with fresh tomatoes, olive oil an garlic that cannot be missed. This restaurant is off the tourist track so its more of an establishment for locals. However, its worth making the short trek (marco island is relatively small) to this trattoria for great food at reasonable prices. Five stars!!!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Marco Island, Florida
“A hidden treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Tucked away in a small strip center, this gem of a restaurant consistently delivers a great product. Probably the best thin crust pizza on the island, and lasagna second to none. Prices are extremely reasonable as the portions are generous. Service can be a little spotty, especially for a while as the owner/manager is out on maternity.

Visited July 2013
Hudson, New Hampshire
“Hidden surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We decided one night to just order pizza, so we searched the web and found their menu. We ordered a medium Mediterranean
pizza, WOW!! medium? how big is the large?? this thing was huge, and probably one of the best pizza's ever!!, there wasn't one spot of grease on the paper the box, it was good!!! So, we decided one night, if the pizza was so good, let's go for dinner, simple and small inside, but OMG!!! the dinner's were out of this world, the portions huge, we took leftovers back to the room and had them another night. I had the Chicken Francese (so delicious), he had Veal Saltimboca (he said was amazing)....you have to try it....I wish they were up here in NE, but all the more reason to go back and visit...Deliciouso!

Visited May 2013
Windsor, Canada
“Fantastic Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

my wife and I had dinner here and the dish I ate was fantastic. I made sure to tell the hostess to pass my appreciation to the chef.

Visited May 2013