“Cheap and Cheerful” 5 of 5 stars

7425 Overseas Highway, Marathon Shores, Marathon, FL 33050   |
Calgary, Canada
“Cheap and Cheerful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

On a driving holiday through Florida with rarely more than a one night stay at any of about 20 hotels/motels, this was by far the friendliest and cleanest that we stayed in. The lady who welcomed us at the desk was chatty and charming and took the time to educate a cold Canadian on some of the exterior plantings on the property. The room definitely had a 50's feel to it, but everything was fresh and clean and even the bathroom sink, which looked to be original to the building, was sparkling right down to the caulking around the sink. It may not be the most exotic of locales sitting right along the highway, but it is in good proximity to the rest of the Keys and the pretty little room offered a clean fridge and microwave. I would happily recommend it, and hope to one day be able to stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
frank_siesta, Owner at Siesta Motel, responded to this review, February 11, 2012
Thanks for the wonderful and honest review. We appreciate your business and it was our pleasure having you as guests at the motel. There are some really cool tress and plants in the garden area - glad you enjoyed them. Come back to the Keys soon!

110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

I just checked the photos here and I couldn´t see any of that in our room. Our room was very fresh, we just came from Orlando where we payed the double and this was better. Also A HUGE PLUS for the kitchen so we easily could cook ourself.
Will absolutely go back to this place whenever I return to the Keys.
/Jimmy & Michelle (stayed in room nr 7)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
frank_siesta, Owner at Siesta Motel, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
Thanks for the great review. Hopefully we will see you again soon !!
Dallas, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

Avoid this place! If you look at the date on the reviews, most are very old. I booked the 3 bedroom effeciency based on the pictures and information on their website. Nobody ever told me that this unit was actually an old double wide trailor. Their slogan, "Cleanest rooms in Paradise", couldn't be more inaccurate. When I arrived at the motel, I asked to see the facility and what I saw made me change my mind about staying there. I found mold in the bathroom. The tub was old an worn to the point where I wouldn't have taken a shower unless I was wearing shoes. It looked terrible. This unit was a block from the office, in a run down area with a gravel driveway. The barbecue was a very old $100 one that looked disgusting...I would have never cooked anything on it. When I asked to cancel my ... If you look at the date on the reviews, most are very old. I booked the 3 bedroom effeciency based on the pictures and information on their website. Nobody ever told me that this unit was actually an old double wide trailor. Their slogan, "Cleanest rooms in Paradise", couldn't be more inaccurate. When I arrived at the motel, I asked to see the facility and what I saw made me change my mind about staying there. I found mold in the bathroom. The tub was old an worn to the point where I wouldn't have taken a shower unless I was wearing shoes. It looked terrible. This unit was a block from the office, in a run down area with a gravel driveway. The barbecue was a very old $100 one that looked disgusting...I would have never cooked anything on it. When I asked to cancel my reservation, the lady that I spoke with (I believe it was Tina) became very rude and would not even discuss a refund (partial or otherwise). There is no security for this facility and if you need anything, you have to walk to the office door and call someone to come help you. I would never recommend this motel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Marathon Shores hotels

Warwick, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Just spent 3 nights in the the 3 bedroom efficiency. Manager and staff were very friendly. Place was clean and neat. This is a motel- not a spa and not a hotel. If you want safe, cheap, clean and neat while checking out Marathon, this would be a good choice.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
frank_siesta, Owner at Siesta Motel, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Thanks for the great review. You hit it right on the head - we offer clean, affordable & comfortable rooms. We enjoyed having you as a guest and hope you can visit again soon !

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011 via mobile

No reviews said that it was literally across the street from the airport. I should've looked at the map before I booked this. Also the beds were terrible, very hard, for a moment I thought maybe I was sitting on the box spring then realized it was the mattress. It was a little dingy, but the bathroom was clean as was the kitchenette. Also the guy who checked me in was very friendly. Wifi worked great. A/c worked fine. All in all I should've checked out the location a little better. I won't stay again.

• Stayed November 2011
Thanks for the mostly good review.. With regards to the airport - you failed to mention that it is a private airport with no commercial airlines. We probably have 3 or 4 small private planes land daily. No big jets or loud noise so I do not understand why there being a small airport was a problem.

Our rooms have the original Terrazzo floors and we get compliments on them all the time. The Miami Herald wrote a fabulous vacation article that even praised our floors and the original 50's era tile bathrooms. Dingy ?? no.. Nostalgic.. Yes..

Hopefully you will change your mind and visit us again!

Slough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

We stayed in the house/ trailer which was just 20 yards down the side road from the main rooms.It was very spacious and clean but very out dated.The bed was comfortable and you could not hear the noise from the main road.The price was reasonable and I would say it is just about an OK place to stay if you want to travel down to Key West and back in a day.If you have time Sombrero Beach is just a short drive away.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

I found this Motel on my travel book. I stayed there for two days and I can highly recommend it!
The owner was very very friendly and helpful. He is a nice guy who answered all my questions with big patience. Thank you for that!
The rooms are clean and the bed had a good mattress. There was a TV, a microwave, a coffe machine and a refrigerator in the room.
The bathroom was clean too.
This Motel is everything you need when you are traveling.
The price was very o.k.
On my next trip to Key West I am sure that I will stop there again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
WOW.. Thanks for the excellent review.. We strive to make sure our guests have a great time in the Florida Keys and answering questions is our specialty. We certainly hope to see you again soon !!!

Frank

Been to Siesta Motel? Share your experiences!