here with kids and wife for 10 days. Thought I would give everyone a real time critical review throughout our trip about various details. Our typical vacation is usually the four seasons or ritz carlton, or JW Marriott, all over the US. In general, this is a very nice resort, but id rather focus on certain details and ill give some daily updates!!
Daily breakfast buffet is $32/adult, $14/child. Of all the breakfast buffets at all the 5 star resorts we've frequented on our twice a year vacations over the last 30 years (hawaii, Arizona, colorado, California, Nevada, Australia, Europe, florida caymans...), this is by far the worst we have ever encountered. Nothing comes close to how bad it is, really. There is no breakfast bar of any sort in terms of freshly made waffles, pancakes, omelets, eggs made to order...nothing of the sort. However, when asked if you could have one made--$10 extra per item, per person. Rather, you have a hot bin of waffles and pancakes which are mushy and old. In another bin, you have bacon and sausages--the bacon is very soft, rubbery and literally slimy, and the sausages are very greasy. In the other bin were scrambled eggs--very powdery tasting and the top layer of them dried over because they have been sitting out so long. In the other bin are hash browns, but up in rectangles and resembling those you would get at mcdonalds!! One side of the are burnt, the other side just mush! The yogurt with granola was actually warm!! When told, the staff agreed and removed the others from the bar. Just a sign of food sitting out too long because of poor attendance, and poor monitoring of food. At 900-1030am, it was only maybe 25% full.
They have a lot of boutique type of "artsy" foods which basically seems to go untouched. The pastry choices are nice and plentiful.
My kids will eat anything, anywhere, anytime---but even they said they didnt like the breakfast buffet! My kids will usually go up several times for anything they can--LOL...not here though.
Of interest...we were not the only ones having an issue--there were other people grumbling also. Which brings up a real reg flag...there were very few people there. People would walk in, look around, and walk out.
Service there? Deplorable. We were there for an hour, and never were offered any refills on drinks. Our dishes sat on the table. But when we asked for the check, then we were finally asked if we wanted our drinks refilled?! BTW...18% automatic tip no matter your party size (we are a party of four).
Yesterday we were warned about the poor quality of the breakfast buffet by another couple, and they now go across the street to a restaurant for breakfast. We saw the same couple again today who said there were 3 other parties there from this resort!!
Bottom line...stay away from the breakfast buffet.
Our room: ocean front with an OUTSTANDING view of the ocean. Room is very very clean, and kept in very nice condition. Bed it outstanding. AC keeps room nice and cool without any problem. Bathroom is really nice and kept very clean.
Lobby...grand and bright and very big. Many places and opportunities to just sit with family or friends and relax. Oh yeah...free wifi.
Pool service today.... there was a pool attendant named Mathew who seems to be a very disgruntled individual who must hate his job with a vengeance. He was just so miserable. One of our neighboring pool guests actually made a remark about him also, so i knew it could not just be me who thought of him that way. He needs to be in a different line of work i believe.
Food outside at the pool (i believe its called the breeze)...fantastic!!! Quality is nothing short of great so far there. Service is fantastic! The staff there are so nice and attentive. Drinks are refilled all the time, food is outstanding, and the staff is simply great.
Front desk staff...outstanding. Very courteous. Very professional. Valet staff the same...simply great!!!
Ill write more later...time to hop back in the pool!!!
Any questions while im here, let me know!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa is situated on seven acres of private oceanfront beach. With our lush tropical gardens, and breath taking ocean views, guests are immediately welcomed with the warm Florida sunshine and the turquoise waters of the Atlantic Ocean. The Resort radiates the new Palm Beach lifestyle.Spacious guestrooms offer oversized private balconies with full ocean, pool or garden views. All suites have a seperate bedroom, living room and two bathrooms. Club level offers exclusive access to extra indulgences including a private lounge with scrumptious delicacies changed six times daily, plus a full bar.Our award-winning and world class “Eau Spa” is 42,000sq. feet of pure indulgence. Luxurious spa villas, exotic pampering treatments, and a Mixoligist’s Bar to create, stir and wisk into your very own magic potion. The extensive fitness center includes a dedicated spinning studio , Pilates classroom and a Yoga Studio along with the most up to date cardiovascular and strength equipment. Our Certified Exercise Guru’s are available for personal training.Resort amenities include: Four distinct restaurants and lounges, two refreshing pools, Har-tru clay tennis courts, Aquatic sports desk and oceanfront cabanas. For our younger guests, we offer AquaNot, Kids Camp or Coast, Tweens Club, both an adventure of social, and sporting activities. The hotel also offers business lounge, complimentary wifi throughout, and is pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Jetsetter, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Eau Palm Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Palm Beach Hotel Manalapan
- Ritz Carlton Manalapan
- Ritz Manalapan
- Ritz Carlton Palm Beach
- Ritz Carlton Florida
- Manalapan Ritz-Carlton
- Eau Palm Beach Resort And Spa Florida/Manalapan