“Getaway trip that went over and above my expectations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eau Palm Beach Resort and Spa

You added Eau Palm Beach Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Eau Palm Beach Resort and Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   100 S. Ocean Blvd., Manalapan, FL 33462 (Formerly The Ritz-Carlton, Palm Beach)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Prepay and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Manalapan
Cape Cod
“Getaway trip that went over and above my expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Just visited this hotel in early July.. it used to be another brand. I stayed here the week it converted to a non chain hotel which was interesting and nerve wracking. The food is impressive. The buffet in the main restaurant is over the top. The spa is divine.

I didn't have my kids with me this time but I have to say that the kids club they have here has to be the best one I have seen in the state. It makes me want to come back and bring my kids next time.

So my advice to everyone looking at the hotel is not to worry about the name. Come and enjoy the beautiful resort and the amazing staff. Definitely visit the spa; it's worth the money and BRING your kids. They will love you for it.

Also, bring bug spray, it gets buggy at night and the beach is a bit windy. Bring water shoes and a snorkel/mask because it's rocky off the beach but you can go snorkeling and see so many fish right off the beach!

There is a very relaxing adult pool too. Very nice.

Room Tip: The club level has 5 mini meals included in the price. I didn't stay there but I heard that flo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

stayed here when it was the Ritz Carlton. I also have stayed at the Breakers just a bit north. The Ritz is less formal and the rooms all have balconies which I prefer. Got a day pass to the spa as part of a package, that place is so serene and there was hardly anyone there. Appreciated the quiet pool as I was not traveling with children. Except when they closed the larger family pool for an event (twice in 5 days) and then everyone was crowded into the smaller and now notso quiet "quiet pool". They also closed the outdoor food early for one of the events without warning to the other hotel guests.
Here's what was REALLY RIDICULOUS- they closed the large pool not becuase they needed to for the event, but the event was out on the hotel verandah by the restaurant and the hotel closed the pool for ambiance. This was confirmed with the conventioneers who were at the event.
Other than that, this is a very nice property with great service.

Room Tip: oceanfront or ocean view room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

When we booked it was the Ritz, When we arrived it was the Eau Palm Beach. We were assured that only the name had changed. When we got to the upgraded room due to the changed name with no warning, We noticed Ritz Carlton robes in the closet, very few toiletries. Not common for a 5 star hotel.
When we arrived at the "adult pool" the told us they were closing early for a wedding. We went to the standard pool and were told it would be awhile for them to secure us lounge chairs. after waiting over 10 mintues we left with no pool time. No one seemed to give a s=-t.
Our rate included a resort credit and breakfast for 2. we were assured again that the credits would be applied at the end of our stay. When we arrived home and checked our card statement they had not given the credits as promised. after 1 phone call the issue was resolved.
This is a nice place but not in palm beach. its 15 mins south of the palm beach action.
not sure if i would stay again after all the small problems. stayed july 6+7

Room Tip: ocean front there is nothing else to look at
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Encino, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have been going to the Ritz Carlton Palm Beach twice a year since 2006. As frequent visitors to the property, we were initially a bit concerned when we heard the news that the hotel would no longer be under Ritz Carlton management. We had booked our annual July vacation months ago so it was with some trepidation that we arrived at the newly rebranded hotel a week and a half ago. Well, I can tell you that it's as good as it's ever been. The staff has remained mostly unchanged, which is a great thing. Over the years, they have become like family for us. Dustin greets us at the front door with a smile and makes sure that all of our needs are met. Cos gets us situated by the pool or the ocean - always making sure our lounge chairs and umbrellas are set up just right. Sergio serves us food and drinks by the pool - constantly checking to make sure that everything is how we like it. When we were practicing a vegan diet, the hotel took great care to make sure that our needs were met. Simone and Yvonne in Temple Orange are the most attentive and friendly servers you will ever encounter anywhere. Always smiling and making sure we have what we need. They always bring a ray of sunshine to our day and we look forward to having breakfast/brunch with them each morning. My daughter loves eggs benedict. Every morning, as soon as we arrive for breakfast, Simone has an eggs benedict waiting for her. She even gets creative sometimes - using mini pancakes and waffles instead of the usual english muffins. Chef Jen is also amazing. She not only catered to our special dietary restrictions but came out from the kitchen each day to make sure everything was prepared to our liking. Oftentimes, she would shop for specialty items that the hotel did not have available in their kitchen. All of her creations were inventive and delicious - not often the case with Vegan meals. We also are very fond of Elaine, who has been cleaning our room since we first began staying at the hotel. She always seems to know the perfect time to clean so as not to disturb us - making sure we always have extra towels and a shaving kit. It is the attention to detail that makes this hotel great. We have stayed at the Breakers and the Four Seasons in the past. Both are fine hotels. But we found the Eau to be the perfect compromise between the two - not too big and not too small. All of the amenities are first rate yet easily accessible. And the Eau spa is one of the finest we have ever been to. It is pure tranquil luxury. We have just returned from our weeklong stay and are already looking forward to our next visit. It's no longer a Ritz Carlton but sometimes a name is just a name. For us, the Eau Palm Beach will remain our home away from home....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We went here to attend a conference. The room was amazing, but the hotel staff were the real gems of this place. The owners truly believe in having quality staff. In talking to staff it was discovered that during the 8-month renovation of this hotel a couple of years ago, the owners kept the staff on at their normal pay the entire time while it was closed. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I highly recommend this hotel. The staff was courteous, thoughtful and exceeded my expectations. My experience in the hotel restaurants was stellar. The room was clean, beautifully furnished and had an exquisite king size bed. If you haven't stayed here you are missing a real gem!

• Stayed July 2013
Helsinki, Finland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

From the best name in hotel business to no name in hospitality would be my perception after visiting the hotel in July. When we drove to the hotel, I was wondering why the hotel had removed the Ritz logo on the wall close to dune deck beach. It was a shock to me that the hotel was no longer the Ritz Carlton. The few days later they placed these new modern signs on the walls that did not even visually fit the building's style.

I have stayd at the property multiple times since it opened over 20 years ago. All I have to say is that Hotels are not made of buildings, they are made of service. The building and the site reminds me still of the Ritz Carlton as they did not really have time to renovate it. However, the feeling changed for me. I felt that the service was at Okay level, but something was terribly off. This type of place needs to be a world class and not an imitation of something else. I did not feel that the new operation was able to produce any unique feelings for me in similar fashion than the Ritz. I stay at the Ritz properties among other high end hotels multiple times a year. If one has not stayed at the Ritz before, this hotel might be a good experience. Otherwise, one might just drive up A1A for 20 minutes to the original grand resort.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Eau Palm Beach Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!