“OUTSTANDING SERVICE !!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Maitland
chicago
“OUTSTANDING SERVICE !!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

As a very long-time Starwood Platinum guest, I have had the opportunity to stay at many properties over the past 10 years. This hotel is among my favorite choices, primarily due to the outstanding service at every level I have received on several visits. The hotel itself is located on a secluded (but easily accessable) area of Orlando, providing a tranquil space,

The facilities are first class, from the spacious lobby to the nicely landscaped pool area, to the fitness center with state of the art equiment. The dinning area is located in an attractive glass-domed atrium.

I was fortunate to be upgraded to a beautiful suite, attractively furnished, spacious and very clean.

For those who prefer not to eat at the hotel (although the food and service were excellent), there are many restaurants within a short drive. There is a club lounge, where the food (and service) was far more superior than at many similar properties.

The service and attention I received were excellent, making me feel like part of the 'family'.
Special thanks to Amy Bennett (Director of Rooms) and Katie Hargraves (Front Office Manager) for ther wonderful assistance and patience. Thanks should be extended to Juan, Tony, Svetlana, and all the other associates who all went out of their way for me; and to Linda, the Food Manager, for her kindness.

I look forward to many more stays.

Room Tip: All of the rooms seem to be quiet and spacious.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
amylb6, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Orlando North, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thank you for your very kind words, and for recognizing our outstanding team. It's guests such as yourself that make this such a wonderful place to work and stay.
Can't wait for your next stay.

307 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Polish first
Douglasville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This hotel was very nice, the balcony is not a real balcony but it is still nice. We had club level room but my husband did not feel it was worth the 30bucks a night because it is the same room as all the other rooms. However for certain hours of the day you can get appts and breakfast. So we stayed in a normal room, it was just as nice. The lobby is beautiful and very clean, loved the starbucks in the hotel they are really nice in there and the coffee was great!The kids loved it too. Only down fall it is a little far from Disney so that was the only bad thing.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Moncton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel from December 28th to January 1st while vacationing and visiting the Disney theme parks which are about 30 minutes away. The hotel was very nice and renovated although some of the furniture in our room appeared somewhat beat up. We also had a small balcony which offered views of the nicely landscaped grounds. The pool and spa area is large and features nice rock fountains and waterfalls. The gym has modern equipment and located next to it is an arcade/game room. A large glass atrium next to the main lobby houses the hotel bar and restaurant. My biggest complaint is that we had family who was supposed to join us later then expected as their flight was delayed. When I approached the front desk to advise they would only be checking in the next day I was told their reservations had been canceled without us knowing. They blamed it was canceled by our tour company but the tour company blames the hotel so we're not sure who to blame. Either way the girl had no empathy and simply said our reservation was canceled earlier that day and they were now fully booked so nothing could be done. Although it may have not been the hotel's fault the young girl had a rough attitude and didn't seem to care that our 5 family members had nowhere to stay. Thankfully we spoke with a manager who was very nice and extremely helpful. She ensured us we would have rooms foe our family the next day and sure enough we did. I can't remember her name but she had blonde hair and mentioned she was originally from New Jersey. This was otherwise a nice clean hotel and we would gladly return on our next trip to Florida.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor and has a very small (almost unusable balcony). Other rooms looked...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jacksonville, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on business for several days. I was in a room on the second floor with two queen beds. The hotel has been here for quite some time but the most recent remodel was tastefully done. The room had a very large desk but it needed a facelift. It was beat up pretty good but was still very functional with power outlets and a direct line for internet if the wifi wasn't up to par. I had no issues with the internet service or the TV. The chair by the window was comfortable but the stains on it were less than attractive. The beds were very comfortable and the pillows were the best I have ever seen in a hotel. Four per bed made it very comfortable. I attempted to use the coffee maker for hot water for tea. This didn't work out at all. I tried to rinse out the inside with water so that I wouldn't get old coffee grinds in my tea. It is clear that this had never been cleaned. I ran more than 20 cups of water through this machine and it kept spitting out grinds. So, I missed out on tea all week. The bathroom was decent. A good supply of towels and supplies including a hair dryer. The room also had an iron and ironing board which I used quite a bit. The air conditioner was effective but very loud when it ran. I ate in the restaurant for breakfast and the buffet was nothing special. Omelets were made to order but everything else was standard breakfast fare. I'm glad that the meal was included in my room rate because I heard it was more than $20. I also used the bell services to haul luggage upon arrival and departure. The bell person upon arrival was very polite and helpful. The one on departure acted as if I was bothering him to have to come to assist and he loaded my luggage in the car in a way that clearly demonstrated his attitude. The front desk staff was average, nothing special. I did use the printer in the computer lounge in the lobby. The first three pages of black-and-white is free and then you get hit up 40 cents per page after that. Color printing is never free. I think this about covers it.

Room Tip: I don't know enough about the hotel to make a suggestion. It looked there were two wings with o...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

PROS: THE OMELETTE at breakfast
CONS: EVERYTHING ELSE...
My second time staying here, and ONLY due to a special coupon rate. I would never pay full price to stay at this hotel, even then the coupon rate is somewhat of a gimmick. Free is NOT free, and half off is NOT half off, just be aware.
None the less I understood the fine print and chose to stay there as it is a good rate, but not great. A ”free night” will cost you over $50, and half off is nearly $100. You must pay ” housekeeping ” fees for the free night. My problem is that I NEVER received housekeeping and was still charged the fee. The front desk basically admitted that the fee was just a bogus fee, they could not explain or justify it being considered a housekeeping fee. I am a neat freak and clean my own room. They should pay me! Or at least not charge fraudulent non justified fees. I have no problem paying a fee that is in the fine print, however not when the service was not provided.
Now for the main COMPLAINT...
Waking up to NO WATER!!!, and No explanation. The only response I got after calling the front desk to notify them was, ...” IF YOU NEED TO SHOWER WE CAN LET YOU USE A SHOWER IN ANOTHER ROOM”.
I was insulted that I was not notified and that was the only response I got. I've stayed at many hotels and resorts and when something like ” no water” happens the staff bends over backwards to accommodate you and often comp the room. I'm still in shock that all they offered was to ”use a shower in another room”.
We checked out and will not return, NOT WORTH IT.
In defense of the front desk, reservation and check in was pleasent, however speaking with the front desk manager was a bit insulting as she attempted to be professional, but forgot to be personable. She was definitely against the guest, not working to accommodate.

• Stayed December 2012
amylb6, Manager at Sheraton Orlando North, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
I am sorry that you feel your concerns were not addressed when you shared them with our front office manager upon checkout. You should have recently received an additional follow up email from us as well. Your community appreciation program is a great deal. Our team would be happy to clarify some of the deeper details with you at your leisure.
Please fee free to contact a hotel representative directly to assist with any reservation needs you might have.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Was at Sheraton Resort for 4 days already. Went to Orlando North on Thanksgiving eve.. As Starwood owner we got upgraded room and club level... The next day we got wonderful breakfast. The kids enjoyed the food and the pool/hot tub-- stone waterfall.

Room Tip: If they have the upgraded room at 6th floor it is the best.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
amylb6, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Orlando North, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for being part of the Starwood family. So happy to learn that your experience went well. Many of our guests have found us by "accident" but have returned on purpose. We hope that when traveleing to the Orlando area again, you will stay with your Sheraton Orlando North family again.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Very convenient to the the main highway. The rooms were clean and efficient. I wish there would have been a microwave in the room as seems to be standard these days. The interior of the lobby very upscale and staff was nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Orlando North? Share your experiences!