“Short review - Been there done that.” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Magnolia Avenue
Transit: Lynx #102 Bus - Stop for Enzian Theatre.
Description: Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds up to two and BUCA LARGE feeds up to four. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.
Altamonte Springs, Florida
“Short review - Been there done that.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

So the wife and I decided to hit this place up because she had a free lasagna coupon. It was also her birthday weekend so we figured why not use the coupon and get a quick bite to eat.

Was very underwhelmed. The lasagna was super tiny. For a place that is known for huge portions, this was tiny. I am talking smaller than Olive Garden portion. Very misleading. Since it was just my wife and I, we did not want to order much thinking that it would be too much food. Not nearly as much as I would have thought. It is Buca di Beppo and there was not that much food?

All in all, it was the wife and I. I had water, she had a root beer. We ordered a small order of chicken stuffed with prosciutto plus the free lasagna. Still ended up over $30 with tip. How could that be?

They did ask if we were celebrating something and I told the waiter it was my wifes birthday, and I am sure she was happy that HE DID NOT do the birthday song or anything. I was kind of bummed since I think that is part of the fun of this place. Oh well, I guess its only when you show up with a party of 6 or more. Don't ask if you are not going to do anything when you are given an answer.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Altamonte Springs, Florida
“First Visit Impressions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

On the plus side, I found the ambiance very friendly and inviting. The atmosphere was lively and casual. I ordered a cup of tomato basil soup which was thick and flavorful. Our entrees were very tasty as well. Service was fast and efficient, but we never felt rushed. One thing I did not care for was being forced to order a much larger portion of almost everything, than I would have in any other restaurant. The "Buca Small" size is a two-person portion and there is nothing smaller. Overall, for a corporately owned restaurant, they did a decent job.

I recently became aware that the parent company (Robert Earl organization) is cutting some workers' hours to less than 30/week just so the restaurants won't have to provide health care benefits under the Affordable Care Act. This is wrong and goes against my grain in a big way. I'm not sure I can continue to patronize businesses that do this to their employees.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“mangia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My family and I just had the best dinner. Our waiter, Michael, was very good. We ordered a few things from caesar salad-(lettuce was crisp and not soaked in dressing.) Veal marsala to die for, pasta variety -good and penne vodka delicious. Portions are big but meant to be shared. Doggie bags available. Cannolis and coffee to finish off the meal were very good. A great time was had by all.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“First Visit to Buca di Beppo”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Let me state the positives first. Great service, for first timers, a walk-through of the kitchen on the way to our 'room'. The layout of the strictly Italian restaurant is very unique. hundreds of ethnic based photos on the walls. The decor is very nice. Now the downside: Because the layout of the 'rooms' where you will be directed to a table is like a maze, it was a stretch just to find a way back out, let alone finding a restroom. Just a bit too cozy. Now to the menu...This restaurant serves portions for either two or four people. NO single person portions. The bad part of that is if you have as we did, a party of four, two or all of us had better agree on wanting the same entrees...sharing. We had the Bruschetta for an appetizer...toasted bread and too large tomato chunks to stay on the bread. No cheese at all. I ordered the spaghetti and meatballs even though nobody else wanted it...so I had the two person portion. The meatballs were 1/2 lb each, two on a large mound of spaghetti, with red sauce. The meatballs were tasteless, the spaghetti was only luke warm and not enough sauce to make it taste like anything.. Prices to high for what quality of food you receive. Disappointed and won't go back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Not my style.......but great for families and hearty appetites...............”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I visited a few weeks ago as a guest to friends living in the area,they apparently eat there a lot so that says something,I admit to being a snob and proud of it as I like my food but not in such huge quantity.The rooms meander around corridors and become very large,every inch of the walls are decorated with photos and paintings of old Italy, star portraits and Italian memorabilia,but I don't really think Frank visited them...............................

Attentive service was immediate so top marks the menu was abundant with pizza and pastas galore,I let my friends order for me to my dismay all the portions came so quickly and were so enormous I started to look around for families to join us,but their tables seemed even fuller.If you have to eat like this is your last meal,come here as you will literally have to diet for the week after,it is hard to imagine so much food for one person when it is clearly enough to share most dishes between two or more.Piping hot and plentiful it is,my style it is not......................................

My overall experience was wow........................I have never seen so much food as offered,the saying I left stuffed well if you want that experience you have to try it.Go for it..............................

• Visited April 2013