“Good Pasta” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Francescos Ristorante and Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 49 Restaurants in Maitland
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: In the authentic Italian tradition, we select our simple, whole ingredients and combine them by hand with heart, using the time-honored method of open flame cooking. We utilize the intense heat of our wood burning ovens to lend unique flavor to our food. From our hand-made mozzarella to our artisanal pizzas, pastas and salads, we have a passion for quality and pride in our product that we know you'll appreciate. We only use sustainable, fresh, local ingredients.
Maitland, Florida
“Good Pasta”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The pastas are very good. The pizza is not very good and the paninis are strange. The paninis are like calzone dough that they put the ingredients into and bake. It doesn't work. The service is really spotty.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Burlington, Vermont
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Taken here for dinner by friends before heading to see War Horse in Orlando. As mentioned by another reviewer, the first impression was the concrete floor, but I never judge a restaurant by its appearance. Good thing too. I ordered the nightly special; salmon served with shrimp, linguini and a fabulous sauce. Prepared perfectly, tasted great. I split a side salad with my wife as suggested by the waiter. My wife chose the gnocchi with alfredo sauce, also an excellent dish. They had a great Italian house wine list by the glass which is unusual. I chose the Barbara d'Asti. Service was great, but we were informed by our friends that the chef will serve each dish when it is ready so we got our dinners at separate times, but that wasn't a problem. I'll definitely return when visiting the Orlando area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Winter Park, Florida
“Skip it...I will!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Guess we need to start with the fact that this place has cement floors. So, you say! Well that means that the conversations are so loud you can't even think much less talk with other guests. Waiters were very, very slow. Prices were a little too high and I am still waiting for a refill of my tea. Trust me there are far better restaurants in the Orlando area than this one. Pass it by. The only reason this place gets a one is because there is no zero rating.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Great Food, Great Entertainment, Great Chef/Owner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

My husband surprised me with a new restaurant, Francesco's. We had reservations for Valentine's Day. We expected the time would not be exact, but we were constantly kept up to date about seating and were given a complimentary glass of wine while waiting. The food was excellent. Both of us had a pasta dish. The salad was extra, and I would not advise getting one or share it, as it was enough for two. I ended up taking half of it home. We both took home half the entrée too, as the serving size is very big. We were entertained there with three Italian musicians, who were very, very good. They appear at various dates, so you would have to call to find out when. The owner/chef came over to our table to talk to us and find out how we liked the food. It was such a wonderful experience that we will return!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Good food and selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I have been here twice. The food is consistently good and the service is consistently slow. It is not the waitstaff, it is the time it takes to deliver the food. If you are not in a hurry, then the wait is no problem. Although the outdoor seating is a nice idea, sitting in the Walgreen's parking lot is not. Sitting inside is very noisy and hard to have a conversation once it starts getting full. Some tables are close and on top of each other. So, go early, sit inside, don't get seated where the tables are close, and wait for some good Italian food. The food is worth it in the end.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere