“Yummy Sushi! Recommend” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rangetsu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 49 Restaurants in Maitland
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Outdoor seating, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lake Avenue
Description: Welcome to RanGetsu, Orlando's ultimate Contemporary Japanese Dining and Entertainment experience! Our newest venue, RanGetsu at Lake Lily, together with our new and exciting Orchid Lounge, opened on April 2011 in our brand new facility overlooking Lake Lily Park in Maitland, just a mile north of Winter Park Village at 901 South Orlando Avenue (17-92). Our mission is "refining and re-defining Japanese dining" and complementing this with modern technologies and ambiance to make it a complete late night dining and entertainment experience. Our focus is to provide excellence in service to proudly serve a select urban modern menu from our Chef Yuichiro Yamanaka. Early and late, his kitchen will tempt you with dishes ranging from traditionally known Japanese fare, such as Tempura and Sushi, to sizzling morsels from our Robata grill, to the best steaks in the world, featuring our select Wagyu beef selections! Our ultimate goal is to make you forget where you are from the moment you join us to "Experience RanGetsu!"
“Yummy Sushi! Recommend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

I ate here for lunch while on a business trip - it was delish! I am a big sushi eater, so for me, the portions were little on the smaller side, but for the average person, the portions were just right. They had a wide selection, and I really enjoyed their speciality rolls. The atmosphere was really cool, and I wish I could have come back in the evening because the bar was well stocked and looked excellent and it sort of doubles as a night club. I wold highly recommend this place for lunch or dinner if you're in the area.

Longwood, Florida
“Oasis of Culture and Stellar Food - Will Return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Excellent food, superb service and wonderfully “chill-laxing” environment!!! What a pleasant and unexpected surprise. This restaurant is one you might find in a swanky W hotel in Time Square or Downtown Chicago… Certainly unexpected. One night we had decided to go to Antonio's in Maitland to enjoy some wine and food with friends. We had the dogs and kids and were looking for a pet and kid friendly location, with comfortable outdoor area. We park and walk to Antonio's, only to find a few small tables crammed in between the parking lot and concrete wall with a wait of at least an hour. We were discouraged, but decided to trudge on to the Enzion to see if any seating was open there. As we walked past Lake Lilly, we see the red sign of Rangetsu glowing and look over to see a very plush outdoor area with low, comfy red couches, modern tables and very alluring fire features slightly heating the cool air outside. We noticed this area was virtually empty, so we asked the hostess if we could sit outside with the kids and dogs, and also asked to see their menu. After she says “of course” and a quick glance of the menu, we immediately knew this was the right place and were sat in a relaxing corner of the patio. The kids and dogs got one couch and the adults got the other. We ordered a few bottles of wine, sake and sampled several items off the menu including several sushi rolls, assorted sashimi and appetizers. The service was stellar, the food was phenomenal and the environment was inviting and relaxed. We were surprised that the place was not packed with a line going out the door and down the street. I would HIGHLY recommend Rangetsu and will certainly return… Bringing whomever I can to experience this little oasis of culture and fine food.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Very Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We ate here tonight at the beginning of Orlando's yearly Magical Dining that happens every September. This means that you receive a priced fixed three course dinner for thirty dollars.

The hostess and wait staff were attentive and friendly. My husband can have some hearing difficulties and so atmosphere needs to be lower key for a comfortable dining experience. The atmosphere here was just right allowing a very comfortable level of conversation to be had.

Everything that we tasted was perfectly done and presented beautifully. Our meals came with an additional soup or salad. My husband had the salad with a ginger dressing. The dressing was not clumpy but was delicately done with just the right flavor. My miso soup was presented well and was very tasty.

For our first course my husband had the ring of fire calamari. The spicy flavor built up after eating a few of them. However, it was not over-whelming but rather nicely done. I began with the tuna flatbread. This is very lightly seared tuna with avocado and other goodies. Each bite was divine!

My husband ordered the sushi dinner. The nigiri filets were cut slightly thicker and were melt in your mouth delicious. It also came with a California Roll which was one of the best that I've ever had. For dinner, I had the Sea Bass. it was perfection. For dessert my husband had the green tea ice cream which he enjoyed immensely while I had the green tea cream brûlée. They also have a nice selection of hot or cold sake. If you are in the area especially during September then take advantage of the Magical Dining at this location.

On a side note... I noticed a lot of people going to the restroom facilities so I went to wash my hands. The sink in there is so interesting. The sink is a four foot long black slate with a look of stars in it. The entire slate is automatic for producing water to wash your hands. It is kind of hard to explain. But, if you go to eat here... check out the washroom!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Average tasting sushi in nightclub atmosphere.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

Ate dinner on Saturday night. First impression was very nice, modern looking restaurant in convenient location. Loud dance music made it tough to carry on conversation. Sushi was average tasting, not as good as other restaurants. Service was good. Not very impressed with quality of food. Miso soup came in very unique bowl. Saporo glass was very nice. Probably will not return.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, FL
“The freshest and best sashimi in Orlando”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We've enjoyed Rangetsu many times over the past year since they moved from International Drive in Orlando to Maitland, FL. The staff are very friendly and knowledgeable, and the location, setting and decor are wonderful.

We've sampled many things from the menu and our favorites there are the Ring of Fire Calamari as well as their sashimi. The calamari preparation is different from other restaurants' with the batter used being a bit more like that used with large onion rings. The combination of calamari, spices in the batter as well as the sauces provided are delicious! And Rangetsu's sashimi is the freshest and best prepared of any sushi restaurant we've been to in the Orlando area.

Ranetsu's sushi rolls are very good and I have yet to order something I don't like. The only complaint I have, which is rather minor, is that the size of their rolls are smaller generally as compared to other restaurants. This isn't a big problem as we usually get plenty to eat between appetizers, sashimi, rolls and dessert sometimes.

My wife and i really enjoy good sushi and Rangetsu is on our short list!