“Business” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Maitland
A TripAdvisor Member
“Business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

This is a great place to stay if you have business in the area. Very clean and great staff. I will have future business in the area and will return to this hotel. The rooms are very well kept and filled with everything one might need for an extended stay.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Natalie M, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear valued Guest ,

I want to take a moment to say Thank You for taking the time to let us know how we are doing.
We are glasd that you had enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

Thanks

275 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Metairie, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

As a hotel manager myself, I am usually quite critical when it comes to other hotels. This hotel was in a great location surronded by other Corporate businesses. In terms of Orlando, it was about 30 minutes to the theme parks, and about 15 minutes to Downtown Orlando. The suite was modern, clean and spacious, and suited all of our needs. The staff were welcoming and friendly, always a Goodmorning or Goodnight. We were walking down the hall one morning, and even the Director of Sales said Goodmorning before she entered her office.

The breakfast is to be expected for complimentary. Nothing really to rave about. Cold cereals, waffles (when it is available, as it is the most popular item), sausage and gravy biscuits, eggs, sausage links, and lukewarm juice. The first morning, there was no breakfast attendant at all in the area. The juices were low and hot, and there was no one to replace them. The second morning there was a breakfast attendant, but she seemed like she didnt want to be bothered. The breakfast area in general can use some help.

Overall, great suite, great location for what we needed, and welcoming staff. I would recommend to others.

Room Tip: Opt for a room closer to the Front desk. The room we had was quite a walk back to the parking area.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Natalie M, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

I want to take a moment and thank you for giving the feedback we need to hear to grow. it is always a great help as you know being a Manager yourself to know what's happening in your hotel at all times. I will be taking the feedback and sharing the valuable information with the breakfast team. I hope that the next time you are in the area you will come and see the improvments.

Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

My daughter and I were recently in the Orlando area as vendors at a craft show in Maitland and we stayed at this hotel for two nights.
The suite was spacious and very clean. The breakfasts were also very good.
The hotel is located in an area with corporate type of offices surrounding it, so it is pretty quiet. If you are in Orlando for the theme parks, it's far away, but if you want to get out of that madhouse, this is the place for you. It would be very good if you were one of those corporate types who needed a place for a moderately long stay as well.

Dear Guest and Friend,

We are so happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. We strive for excellene everyday it is our passion. We want to say Thank You for taking the time to let us know how we are doing.
We hope that we will be hosting you again in the near future.

Boynton Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Friends and I stayed at this facility last week. It is well situated, just off I4 and near shopping and restaurants. Our friends were guests the night before we arrived - at 3pm, and their room had not yet been made up. Oops! Our 2 bedroom suite was clean and situated at the end of the hall , away from any noise the high school football team was making that night. The beds are very comfortable and the pillows are great! Breakfast is simple but standard, adequate but tasty. And the coffee was good. The woman who checked up in was very pleasant and went out of her way to speak to the coach with the team about maintaining decorum - which they respected. The 'breakfast' staff were pleasant and accommodating. For the money, We visit the area frequently and find that Homewood suites compares quite favorable with other suite hotels in the area - so where we stay often comes down to price.

Room Tip: At the far END of the hall - away from elevators and traffic. It's worth the walk.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Natalie M, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear valued Guest ,

Thank You for taking the time to let us know how we did. I am sad to heat that we did not exceed your expectations as we take great pride in making sure that we go above an beyond to the best of our ability. i would love to invite you back a night on me to exceed your expectations.
i hope that you have wonderful Holidays and please let me knwo when you are in the area again and I will take care of your reservation.

Waycross, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Had a wonderful stay at this hotel. Everyone was so very helpful, especially Andrew at front desk. The rooms were clean and fresh, and the hotel was quite attractive and quaint. Easy to get around and parking was very convenient. We only have praise for the hotel and it's friendly accommodating staff. It is tasteful and charming and the breakfasts were delicious. It is located next door to Applebees which is a very short walk across the parking lot. The area is quiet and not really located near malls, etc but we was not there to shop. It is very close to Altamonte Springs shopping centers and there we found everything we were looking for. I have stayed at many hotels and this is stands out.

Room Tip: Just ask, the staff is willing to give you the best available room
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

We want to say thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We take great pride in making sure that our guests enjoy each moment of thier stay. I am so glad that Andrew was of great assistance along with the rest of my team. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Your Friends at the Homewood Suites Maitland.
itarsi, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stay AWAY from this hotel!!! When i arrived at this particular hotel, the front desk lady was the most unprofessional , dumbest and the rudest !! You don't want to stay at this hotel if you are traveling with your family.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear Mr. Ravi,

I wanted to take a moment again to apologize for the issues you had upon arrival with your credit card. I know we had spoken on the phone and the issue has been resolved. It is our company and Managment policy that we need a credit card at time of arrival for the duration of your stay. You are able to pay cash at time of departure however a credit card is required at time of arrival . Again I want to give my sincerest apologies.

Lakeland, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We are fond of Homewood Suites properties and had a satisfactory stay at this one a few years back. Bed was comfortable, heating/cooling functioned properly, and staff were efficient. However, there were some aggravating disappointments. The food at dinner was cold; and I do mean COLD. Cold pasta, red sauce, and meatballs is not a pleasant repast. Some heat lamps above or Sterno heat below the serving tables would have remedied the problem. Later in the evening, I looked for the ice bucket to get some ice and decided a previous guest must have taken it and then called the desk. I was amazed to be told they have no ice buckets; and one must use the ice container from the freezer section of the refrigerator! Over many years, I have stayed at the full range of motels from Motel 6 to Omni and Crown Plaza. They all had in common that they supplied an ice bucket. Forced to use the freezer container, I wanted to wash it out first, but there was no liquid dishwashing detergent in the kitchen. So I had to employ bar soap from the bathroom. I got little sleep because of a persistent intermittent loud sound, apparently from the somewhere in the HVAC system. Then, just to finish things off, the luggage carts were all in use by hotel staff to transport supplies in the morning, leaving me to make two trips to my car down five floors.

I will still patronize this fine chain and not be put off by one bad apple in the barrel, but I will find someplace else in north Orlando for my next stay.

Room Tip: Six floor at front and away from HVAC noise
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Natalie M, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest ,

I want to give my sincerest apologies that your stay with us was disappointing, It is our goal that each and every guest enjoys each and every stay. I am surprised that you had found the dinner food to be cold and not warm and will be following up with my kitchen staff in regards to this. The ice buckets is not a brand standard to have a Ice bucket in the room since we are an extended stay branded hotel, However I have directed my team to order some to keep on hand per request. We do have liquid dish washing soap per request available at the front desk , it is a brand standard to have the detergent for the dishwashers only in the rooms. However this has brought my attention that I need to inform the guests that we have these items available per request at the front desk. I want to let you know that I appreciate your feedback as this helps us better serve our guests in the future.

We hope that we can earn your loyalty back and give us another chance to show you that we can be your home away from home.

Natalie Mower

Been to Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland? Share your experiences!