“OK Homewood, but maybe some fine tuning needed?” 3 of 5 stars

2X HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Maitland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Miami, Florida
“OK Homewood, but maybe some fine tuning needed?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

The hotel is right off I-4, so convenient for the traveler. Check in was fine, but the front desk clerk made no mention of my Hilton Honors Platinum status (and I never got my measly bottles of water and cookies). As others have mentioned, the food service area is too small and crowded. Much of the central space is filled by this huge high table with bar chairs that I assume was supposed to appeal to single diners wanting company. I did like the fact that they had fresh fruit at dinner the night I stayed. No quarrels with the room. The health center had working machines, which is nice and not always a given at Homewoods I've regrettably discovered. Would stay there again if it was convenient, but would not go out of my way.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Stephen C, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. It's our goal to make you feel at home with the added value of our services. I'm sorry to hear that we did not completely meet your expectations. We value your business and your loyalty as a rewards member and hope that you'll give us another opportunity to serve you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Wallingford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed for 6 nights during a vacation . Good, quiet location on the north side of Orlando,away from most tourists area. Clean and comfortable rooms. Mostly good breakfasts with hot (not warm) items. We were welcomed warmly and the staff was attentive and courteous at all times. They were not, however, able to tell us if any restaurants , including the Applebee's next door, were open or how late they served food upon our late arrival, which had been weather delayed.
Had a nice pool area.
Rooms were very nice, Bathrooms wre a little smaller than expected but not a major complaint.
HVAC in the room was noisy, which was an annoyance especially at night. TV had enough channels to choose from.
Needed to change rooms after one night as the mattress caused my wife and I to sink to the middle of the bed. She slept on a couch that night. We were not charged for that night after we registered a complaint.
On the whole, a pleasant stay. Would recommend this hotel to others,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephen C, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell me about your stay. I am happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. I appreciate your comments as I will use them to improve the hotel.
St. Petersburg, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

On the plus side, the location is quiet and surrounded by trees. I had called the day before to request that my room be without down bedding due to allergies. That was not done and there was no one there from housekeeping who could correct the problem. I spent the following day with a sinus headache. The second day the bedding was changed. Also, as other posters mentioned, the breakfast is not up to the usual Homewood standards. There was no fresh fruit and only one waffle maker where there was always a line. The hot food choices were rubbery. The food area is too small to accommodate the crowds. There is only one desk agent there who has to handle phonecalls and the people at the desk. The agents were friendly and did their best to help everyone. The bathroom in my room was worn out, particularly the shower with cracks and yellowing that made it look dirty. I have stayed in several Homewoods in the past and have always been happy with them but this one needs some work.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all feedback as we use it to improve our hotel. We apologize for the unsatisfactory quality of food you experienced, inconsistent service and unclean bathroom. We are working to improve our menu offerings and housekeeping protocols, as well as reviewing our staffing levels. We truly value your loyalty to our brand and welcome your comments on how we can be as great as you expect. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in area.
lawrenceville,ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Easy on and off 1-4. I was working while here but my daughter and her friends from college went to the Disney Parks. They said the trip down was easy and fairly quick. The location is set back from the road and very quiet. An Applebees is within walking distance. Our rooms were well equipped with coffee, tea and toiletries. The front desk was pleasant and they had fresh cookies at night. Having stayed at many Homewood Suites, I found the food selection to be not as good as other locations. There was no fresh fruit such as bananas, apples or oranges for breakfast. The evening reception was skimpy, compared to other locations I have visited. I would stay here again as it was quiet, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Stephen C, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for telling us about your stay. We are always stiving to improve and your comments help. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that my staf was pleasant. We are always stiving for the perfect guest experience.
I am sorry you found our food selections skimpy. I have relayed your comments to our pantry staff and challenged them to grow. We appreciate your comments as they help us learn from our customers and adapt.
We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and look forward to seeing you again.
Thank you.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Immaculate suite, very friendly and accommodating staff; plentiful breakfast; Internet access. We stay here every time we visit family in the area and plan to return in a few months. We didn't have any of the dinners and didn't use any maid service, though all this was certainly available. A minor thing: Couldn't find any sponges. And I don't remember any toiletries (shampoo, etc.) in the bathroom. But it's a perfect place to stay, though in a generic sort of way (fitting for Central Fla.).

Room Tip: All the rooms seem alike.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive for the perfect guest experience and we hope we delivered it to you. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us grow and improve.
We hope you will consider us again in the future and we would be happy to help you in anyway possible.
Thanks for staying with us and again for taking the time to tell us how your stay was.
Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This property is conveniently located to I-4. The rooms are spacious, but the bathrooms could really use some updating. It does have a full size refrigerator, dishwasher, and two burner stove and microwave that really comes in handy. All the Homewoods' offer an adequate breakfast and a evening reception, however during this stay there was a large gathering of Vets so we couldn't get near the reception! Overall a good value.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephen C, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and we value your feedback. We'll keep your suggestions for property updates in mind as we continue to look into refresh options and welcome any additional comments you would like to share.
I am sorry if our dining area was crowded during the reception dinner. We make every effort to accomodate all of our guests and I am sorry we did not do so in this case. We run the dinner reception every Monday thru Thursday from 5pm to 7pm and hope every guest can find time during this period to enjoy our offerings.
We look forward to serving you again soon.

Warm regards,
Windsor, Ontario Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We were staying here for 5 days and were going to the Daytona 500 Race. Place was spotless, wonderful meals breakfast and dinner...all included Monday to Thursday.. Food was delicious and plenty to eat. Suites well equipted with all the basic needs..Loved this place

Room Tip: great place to stay for the Daytona 500...45 min ride...Price was the best....$98.00 a night....love...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephen C, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
I received your review today and thank you for telling me about your stay. I am happy that you enjoyed yourself and that you loved the place. This is the experience we want all of our guests to have and strive to deliver it each and every time. We hope you will stay with us again for the next Daytona 500 and possibly sooner.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Been to Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland? Share your experiences!