“Sit on the Dock” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Voted Best Grouper in the South...Southern Living Magazine, DuPont Registry, Best Grouper Sandwich!Now open for Breakfast: Saturdays 7:30am-10:30am • Sundays 8:am-11am
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Sit on the Dock”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Small restaurant with a local feel. Good prices. Friendly staff. Food is not your "Food Service" quality, it's made in house.

Visited May 2013

“Wonderful Grouper!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

A group of us stopped here for dinner while on vacation because it was recommended from a friend and I am so glad we did. The food and service was great! I really recommend their grouper!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wi
“Tasted ok, got sick”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stopped by at the advice of a taxi driver Chuck. I did read some reviews and was a little hesitant but we decided to try one of the famous grouper sandwiches. I do have to say that it looked just like the picture, a very large portion. I wish I had not ordered the batter fried. I didn’t find it as greasy as I had heard, but it was really not a light batter, but rather heavy. The bun was so-so and the cheese was plain, nothing special. I was excepting to have that great grouper taste, but I didn’t find that while eating this sandwich. I did order coleslaw and while not a big fan of it I found it to be really good. Hubby got the waffle fries and they were good. Not a fan of those either.

The place itself is what I would call a dive, but I am not fussy about it too much if the food is really good. It is far from that. I ended up getting really sick to my stomach after eating it, so would not return.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Fort White
“Always good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We live 200 miles away, otherwise we'd be at Dockside Dave's on a regular basis. The grouper is always good, the servers are friendly and helpful. We asked for the large order of onion rings but our server suggested a half order which turned out to be plenty. The grouper can't get better than here, (I'm a former Hurricane restaurant customer) and when we are in town this is our first stop. Never had a meal here that didn't make us want to say "YUM"!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Grouper heaven and much more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Another annual stop , actually more than once on our annual visits to Medeira Beach. Grouper is out of this world . Add the fried onions with their sauces and your stomach just met heaven. Great foood very fare prices and oooooooh that grouper.

• Visited April 2013