“"Nice place to stay"” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 14 hotels in Madeira Beach
Roscoe, Illinois
“"Nice place to stay"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed in room 411 which was very nice. The staff consisting of Alex, Cheryl, Kristal and Mike were very accommodating to our family. The view of the marina from our room was beautiful. The walk to the beach was a short distance. There were a lot of wonderful restaurants within a short distance. Love it in Florida!!!!! We will stay here again!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

198 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Franklin, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

+ Super friendly staff and very generous cancellation policy
+ Location. Easy beach access. 5 minute walk to John's Pass (food and shops)
+ Covered parking
+ Great rates on a 2 bedroom with den converted to a 3rd bedroom

- Pool is in the parking lot, near the highway. It's secure but there's a "I'm swimming in a parking lot" feeling
- Could hear neighbors through the walls
- Trash floating in the marina behind the building (although not the resort's fault)

Our family of four recently stayed in unit 507 and while we enjoyed our vacation, it just wasn't for us. The units are individually owned and 507 is very spacious with a great layout. Overall it's a decent place to stay that offers easy beach access with shops and restaurants nearby. And I like the TRS business model: build a solid reputation through quality and service.

Room Tip: Unit 507 has cheap mattresses and kitchen ware. Furnishings may differ by unit.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Cheryl F, Manager at Madeira Bay Resort, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for writing your response. We will see what we can do about the mattress in that unit.
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Our condo was very clean and uncluttered. We had plenty of space and the folks at the front desk were always helpful. Loved the view as well as to be able to jet down the street to John's Pass; major plus. The complex was well maintained and just a short walk to the beach. I would definitely stay here again-it was a great vacation spot for girls week!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you! We love our location too...being so close to John's Pass Village with over 100 things to see and do offers our guests endless fun!
Lebanon, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

A group of friends and I arrived the day after Tropical Storm Andrea came through and we would never have known! We found the grounds and the building itself to be immaculate. Our condo was awesome and the view was great. It is conveniently located right across from the beach and a half block from Johns Pass. The condo was very clean and comfortable and far exceeded our expectations. Anything we needed the front desk was more than happy to supply. We plan on making this an annual trip and wouldn't stay any place else!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you Linda! We look forward to having you as a guest again in the future!
Parma, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

If I ever travel back to Madiera Beach I will be staying at MBR. The condo was spacious and clean. The staff is so nice. We were directly across the street from the beach and had an amazing view of the ocean from the condo. The location is perfect. We could walk to every place we wanted to go. Johns Pass is close and within walking distance. Everything about the vacation was great. Definitely recommend taking a trip to Madiera Beach!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

The condo was very clean and homey! We had easy access to the beach and the resort is close to all the great shopping and restaurants. Definitely a perfect view of the beach from the top floor. Perfect for a girls weekend and great for families!

• Stayed May 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Before I checked in, I asked if I could check the internet to make sure it worked well enough for work and it did at first so I checked in and paid for 3 nights. When I got to the room, which was room 302, it was decent looking. The coffee table was dirty with cup stains and there were crumbs on the floor in different places. The TV stations are messed up on both TV's. The bed was only a queen and not that comfortable...I had to wash some of the dishes because a lot of them were dirty and not cleaned correct. The shower head sprayed out every which way....The bathroom mirror was dirty and there were stains in the toilet which eventually flushed away. After taking my first shower, I hung the towel over the shower rod and later that night when to use it again and there was a black soot all over it. They never cleaned the shower rod since it has been there. You could tell !. The internet kept going down and I had to call customer service to get it working once and it never worked right after that. I ended up going to an office not too far from there and spending $58 to get my work done. The carpet and floor in the room was so dirty that when you took a shower, this black looking dirt always washed off your feet. The hallway carpets were stained every where and the a/c on the hallways must not have worked because all the hallways were very hot with the exception of the 2nd floor where the office was. Also, anyone can get in the building at night and roam the hallways if they had to. Like no security at all. Doors wide open.. My 3rd day there they had tropical storm warnings and even though most people would ride it out, I called the front desk and said I wanted to check out and the guy at the front desk, who's name is Tom said it wasn't going to be that bad and they would not refund any money. He did not care one bit... I overlooked all the problems that occurred during my stay but was now getting upset. When I went to check out today, which is June 7th, 2013 I told Cheryl about the Internet and the cleanliness of the room and also how I had to go out and spend $58 to get my work done. She "DID NOT" care. These people would not compensate you for anything if it was the end of the world. It is called greed and between the greed and horrible customer service, bad Internet and filthy room, I will never stay at a TRS ( Travel Resort Services ) property again and I will spread the word. I was moved by someone else in Tripadvisor who's father was about to die, and they called this resort and they said they could not have a refund. That is cold horrible.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
You'll be pleased to know that all over our units are scheduled for deep cleanings on a periodic basis. Our overwhelming positive responses speak for themselves. Sorry you experienced bad weather and decided to leave.

Been to Madeira Bay Resort? Share your experiences!