This was an excellent resort in terms of location and accessibility. There are only 6 floors, located on the end of pretty calm inlet with a marina out back. Views from the inlet side were nice, not much activity and very quiet. We did look out the top floors and they have a great gulf view. The pool is small but clean and heated. An adjacent hot tub was nice for cooler days/nights. The units are very large and have great new appliances. The refrig and stove are full size. Dishwasher was large, and the biggest benefit was an in-unit washer and dryer. The kitchen had 4-6 of everything, although we did find that some units had more baking/cooking pans and trays.
I will say that the proximity to John’s Pass was the biggest plus – literally a 2 block walk. And the Suncoast Trolley runs right in front from St. Pete beach all the way to Clearwater. We rode the full loop- it takes almost 3 hours- beware – but you sure see a lot of the coastline area that way ($4.50 for an all-day pass / $2.50 each way). Daiquiri Shak is close and nice. Latitudes (next door) was so-so / they just opened with new owners when we were there, so maybe it got better since then.
Madiera resort was great, and huge shout-out to our good friend, Crystal, who helped all of our large family group immensely. We’ll definitely be back if we can!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern resort directly across the street from the Gulf of Mexico and 2 blocks north of John's Pass Village & Boardwalk. All 1 and 2 bedroom units have complete kitchens, washers & dryers in the unit and picturesque views of the intra-coastal waterway, Marina or the Gulf of Mexico. Free WiFi is available throughout the resort. The 6th floor "Sunset Room" is equipped with a weight machine and elliptical. A heated swimming pool and Jacuzzi are adjacent to the full service marina and restaurant. Oceans West Day Spa located within the resort provides hair, nail & skin care as well as massage. A 2,000 square foot function space is available for rent for private parties, family reunions, wedding receptions and corporate meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Madeira Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Madeira Bay Hotel Madeira Beach
- Madeira Bay Beach
- Madeira Bay Resort Madeira Beach, Florida