“Great location but....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Place Condos at John's Pass Village

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Madeira Beach
Beach Place Condos at John's Pass Village
You added Beach Place Condos at John's Pass Village to your Saves list
12901 Gulf Lane, Madeira Beach, FL 33708   |
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great location but....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed at Beach Place Condos in Unit 108 for a week in February. Let me start off with saying the location was GREAT!! We were able to walk to many shops and restaurants. Madeira Beach is beautiful! Beautiful view and the sunsets every evening were amazing. We watched dolphins from our balcony every morning.The condo itself had a great layout and was spacious. The living room furniture was comfortable. The beds were okay but not great (I've slept on worse). The kitchen was updated with new cabinets and counter tops. However, the whole unit could use a deep cleaning. The floors (especially in the corners) were really nasty dirty. The walls could use a fresh coat of paint. There were scuffs along the walls and dust/dirt in every corner of everything (doors, floors, etc.).
We would definitely stay at Beach Place again but would try a different unit.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Washington, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Thus unit is in terrible shape. Patched plaster, looked ,like it was repaired by a non professional. The shower in master bath is opened out onto the floor for handicap use, done wrong so that water leaks out onto floor. Rust on curtain rod in second bath fall on person getting into shower, and the kitchen was poorly equipped. The I entire unit needs an upgrade, not just the kitchen.Two days into our rent we were allowed to move into unit 207, it was perfect. We had to pay an additional cleaning fee which we were not happy about but did not have to pay for the upgrade from side view to beach front. Loved the 207!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Hope Mills, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We stayed in unit 302 for the second straight Thanksgiving for 4 days. This is a very clean and nice condo. We had a great time and would stay there again. It's very convenient to our daughter's school, Eckerd College. The price was very good and being right on the ocean it was great. We had plenty of room to feed us and our guests at Thanksgiving. If there is any negative it would be that the elevator and the wifi were a little slow. But with it being the slow season there wasn't any big issues with the elevator. Thanks to everyone at Sun Host resorts for making this a great stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Requested best price from owner to rent Beachplace 412 for the last 2 weeks of December and did not ask for a further reduction. Phoned her at number provided in Home Away listing to verify we were working with the owner of the unit. Shortly after sent her a follow up email stating we would rent the three bedroom at Beachplace amd will send a a U.S. draft/money order for the full amount via courier. Requested her to email me the payee information and address to send it to as I had to go to the bank to get this transaction completed.

She verified the dates by email 2 hours later and mentioned in a follow up conversation she had shown both units that morning and the clients were interested in the 2 bedroom unit Madeira Norte 112.

Shortly after she sent an agreement for completion and confirmed the amount for the US bank draft check as well as $250.00 for the security damage deposit. She provided her personal details for the bank draft check and stated “ The amount due of $****.00 can be sent now. She also stated “If you decide to confirm, please e-mail when you put everything in the mail so I can reserve these dates for you.”

I then went to the bank to get the cheque, and e-mailed her the completed and signed agreement. I advised her a Purolater package with the original agreement and money order was sent.

Three hours later got an email stating “I am sorry to say the other couple confirmed this place. I am very sorry for the inconvenience. If you want me to return your mailing please let me know. I can still offer the two BR if acceptable. If you must have a 3 BR, let me know & I will search for you.”

Fortunately the next day I was able to retrieve the Purolator package with the bank draft check. When I returned the U.S money order to the bank, because I was selling U.S. funds I lost $127 on the transaction along with at least three hours of my time running back and forth to the bank and courier.

Will leave you to decide if you want to rent a unit from someone who has displayed unethical behaviour when there was an emailed agreement in place.

I have used VRBO and Homeaway many times over the last several years and this is my first negative experience.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Treasure Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

We stayed at Beach Place #106 .This place is absolutely my FAVORITE!!! The staff is incredible and the condos and location you can't beat it. I stay here just about every year and it has become our home away from home. I COULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS CONDO MORE!!! A PLUS!! Great fishing spot on the beach for my children and very warm and friendly atmosphere. The condo was big enough for my husband an I and also my two sons. The condo was very clean. Everything was in walking distance John's Pass was located across the street. Lots of activities for my sons and plenty of places to eat close by.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
smithville, ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We enjoyed our time in this roomy unit. We visited Beach Place Unit 407 from November 9 - 16, 2013. The location is great for long walks on the beach, access to St John's pass and the boardwalk there with all the shops and restaurants. Jet ski rentals, boat rentals, fishing expeditions, and para sailing is all offered within walking distance. We watched dolphins from our balcony and also had them splashing beside us when we were on jet skis.
Condo 407 itself is roomy. . We were there with our two daughters and had lots of space. The unit was clean and had new paint. I agree with some of the other comments that some of the furniture needs replacing. The couch was especially uncomfortable. I most often would sit on a kitchen chair rather than the couch the evenings we were home The washer worked okay but the dryer takes about one and a half hours to dry a load of clothes.
Since we were here in the off season we had a great time since the pool was never busy and there were no loud interruptions. The staff was friendly. It was definitely a home away from home. I liked the fact that the elevators and stair wells were accessible only by those who knew the code.

Room Tip: unit 407 has a great beach view. The living room overlooks the balcony which overlooks the gulf. I...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed at 508 Beach Place for @10 days We chose a 3 bedroom for the extra space and washer drier but were sorely disappointed and noted a long list of discrepancies during our stay. Our first was upon entry when we noticed the light above the front door was out. The hallway was dark and you had to walk a few yards inside before coming to a light switch. As a result my husband nearly tripped over a pile of dirty rugs left by the cleaner. We had to place them in the laundry room, spilling sand in the process, before we could get our luggage inside.We chose the twin room as it had easier access to hanging space and the bathroom seemed nicer and brighter. We then discovered the lighting was poor - one of the uplighters did not work, the radio alarm kept stalling and flashing in the middle of the night (as did the one in the master) the bedside lamp was too poor to read with, and there were three lamps out in the bathroom wall light. The enourmous TV unit is a waste of space and the drawer unit had been painted badly, which was flaking off. The fridge freezer is ancient and the interior light is hanging off showing a gaping hole . We were not impressed by the plastic wine glasses and could find no kitchen scissors. The paper border is torn in several places and paintwork is badly scraped. The cushions on the balcony chairs are burst in several places and the stuffing is spewing out. Other furnishings are dull and shabby. The controlled entry also developed a fault and it took us 15 minutes to gain entry. I thought I had put in the wrong number but I read another review which complained of the same fault. I have hollidayed in other aparttments and would say this is the poorest. The lovely view of the ocean made up for our disappointment.I handed in a list of things that need attention but needless to say I have had no reply.

Room Tip: Not this one
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Beach Place Condos at John's Pass Village? Share your experiences!