“DO NOT RENT unit #407!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Place Condos at John's Pass Village

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Madeira Beach
Beach Place Condos at John's Pass Village
12901 Gulf Lane, Madeira Beach, FL 33708   |
Special Price
$95 Off Week Stay
Seminole, Florida
“DO NOT RENT unit #407!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The condos are in a great location, but unit #407 is less than to be desired! The furniture is old and falling apart! ALL the beds are old and VERY uncomfortable to sleep in! Even the kids thought so - not just us 40 something folks! Nothing has been updated in a while! The cleaning crew, I'm sure, does their best with this unit, but there is only so much one can do. The sheets were clean and fresh and the dishes as well. Plenty of towels were left for us, etc. It was also nice having a washer and dryer in the unit. Unfortunately, we would not rent this unit again:-(

Room Tip: Don't choose unit #407! I wish I had read these reviews before I booked the unit!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SunHostResorts, Manager at Beach Place Condos at John's Pass Village, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Beach Place 407. The owner has taken your review seriously. As of this reply, the unit now has all new beds & bedding. The unit has also recently been repainted top to bottom. More renovations are is store. Thank you, SunHost Mgt

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Norwood, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I'm a regular on Trip Advisor and clicked on the reviews of The Beach Place. I was surprised to see so many negative reviews that I felt it necessary to let people know there is a very nice unit here.
We stayed here the week of June 8 - June 15. It was our first time in Madeira Beach. We went for my son's wedding. He had booked his condo at Sandy Shores through John's Pass Condos. You can rent condos at Sandy Shores or The Beach Place. I looked through them, but just didn't see any I liked or that were available. I checked vrbo and have used them before. I found this place, but thought it was expensive and was reluctant to pay that much. In the end, you really get what you pay for. It was a very nice condo, probably one of the best we've ever rented. Plus it fit our families needs. The location was perfect being right next to my son and right across the street from John's Pass. We have never had a condo that supplied so many extras. More beach toys and beach accessories, including beach towels, than we could possibly use. The kitchen was well equipted and had many extras left behind by previous renters. The bathrooms all had blow dryers and extra toiletries that we didn't even realize. The condo was so nice and cool the entire time and had several HD flat screen TV's. I'm not a picky person when it comes to how clean a condo is, but this one seemed pretty spotless. My mother-in-law is picky and she never said anything. The condo came with 2 parking spaces. One under the building, which was the best. It kept the car cool whenever we needed to go out. The other was outside of the garage, but at a partly shady spot. I do agree with the elevator issue that most people commented on. It was awful. One elevator that was hot and stuffy and slow as can be. The elevator and condos all required codes to use them and the stairway needed a key, for security I guess. That was a little pain to get used to, but really wasn't too bad. The pool area was nice, but kinda small for so many units. Most of the time it was overrun by a lot of kids. We thought the beach was beautiful and mainly went there.
I guess the only real negatives would be the slow elevator and the small pool. I still don't know how I felt about the building being right next to the public access beach and drawbridge.
If you are looking for a very nice condo at The Beach Place look on vrbo.com and check out this condo. I also did a review on their website. Linda, the owner, is very easy to work with and so nice. Going directly through the owner probably made the difference. Hopefully I won't be sorry telling everyone about Unit 306. Next time I may not be so lucky to find it available.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Unit 403 was not clean!! The refrigerator smelled like stinking old fish. I had to buy baking soda inserts for the fridge and it did not even work. The told me that is what they would have suggested I do. They said the smell was probably from someone storing bait in it. Come one. You can't tell me the "cleaning" people could not smell it. Get a tub of clorox and sanitize it!! Floors were filthy. Sox were black from walking on them. Shower liners had mold on them. The drain plugs did not work. Both showers/tubs needed to be desperately cleaned.
Kitchen closet was old and nasty. The beds had dirt and garbage under them. We had to wash the bedspreads and blankets cuz we could not wait 2 days to get them back. My 4 yr old said "mom, this smells funny." To make it worse we had to take the blankets/bedspreads to a friends condo to wash them. They definitely need a washer and dryer in the condo!! They need to spend the money to give this condo a complete over haul. I have a feeling this one is not independently owned rather owned by the complex. It needs work!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Lancaster, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

...the property needs to be spiffed up. One hot, smelly elevator to service that many floors with that many units is ridiculous. Our unit was large and nice enough, but we found the refrigerator full of sand and the sink drain leaking copiously upon check-in.

Room Tip: Select side view units that end in "05", i.e. "305". These offer nice views of...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

First off, the building location is great and is within walking distance to shops, dining, etc. There is only one elevator and it is like a sauna. At one point, we waited for the elevator that was stuck on the fifth floor while people either waited for others or were loading stuff. You end up having to take the stairs very often and it's inconvenient if you are staying on the upper floors. The building itself is okay and the pool area is decent. We stayed in unit 407. The view was great and the A/C was very cool. Unfortunately, that is where the compliments end. The sink in the master bedroom was clogged as soon as we arrived. It was a mechanical issue with the sink stopper not something clogging it. Their solution was to pour Drano and that did absolutely nothing. We called later that same day and it took at least another 24 hours for them to come fix it. We had to brush our teeth, wash hands, etc. at the kitchen sink. The beds were the most uncomfortable I have ever slept in. If you like springs poking you in the back all night and paper-thin pillows, then this is the place for you. Also, the dryer took forever to dry anything and eventually just stopped working. The living room furniture was outdated, ripped and the televisions were ancient. This place is in major need of updates and some fixes. We did always have fresh towels but that was because of the building staff, not the owners of the unit. For the price, it was definitely NOT worth it!!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Ok. Upon arrival I we super excited about the location! Just across from John's Pass it was going to be great walking over for food, ice cream, and shopping! When we got up to the room I was underwhelmed. It is pretty basic which I was prepared for. Our dishwasher was broken and was supposed to be fixed on that Monday but they said it wouldn't be fixed until Friday. Well we left very early Saturday to head back home so we didn't even think about the dishes! They called charging us a fee for cleaning! I was really disappointed in the overall experience. They even commented that we had chocolate smears on the window (with kids you got to accept stuff). What am I supposed to do go buy windex and clean on my last day at the beach? So I rate just o.k.

• Stayed June 2013
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Some units are nicer than others, given I have stayed here once and visited another time, but even the common area is nasty. Let's start with the elevator. Only ONE for entire building and the stair case was locked, so you couldn't go up the stairs. This ONE elevator resulted in ling waits and cramped conditions for almost every ride. It was also smelly and sauna like. The parking is horrible! I have a three bedroom unit and only one pass for parking is given. Good luck with that one.

The units, although some are more undated than others, are dirty. Not properly cleaned, just surface level.

The staff "Gary" is rude and unaccommodating. I will never stay here again, and I would suggest you don’t either.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Beach Place Condos at John's Pass Village? Share your experiences!