“Very Nice Family Owned Resort” 4 of 5 stars

14711 Gulf Boulevard, Madeira Beach, FL 33708   |
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Madeira Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hudson, Florida
“Very Nice Family Owned Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

I visited this motel on an overnight visit. I thoroughly had a very good time. The resort is small and all rooms face the pool, which was very clean and plenty of lounges and chairs/tables. The entire place is clean, outside and inside. The room was pretty big, it had a couch and coffee table along with a king sized bed, TV- but they didn't get too many channels, table/chairs, a full kitchen with normal fridge, micro, stove with oven, sink and kitchen items. What was really nice was that there was a double window by the entry door and the kitchen and bath were in the back and both of them had a window in them. So the room with the drapes in the livingroom/bed area open made the room very bright, which I like. There was free wireless internet too.

The nice part for me was the gulf beach which was directly across the street - there is a high rise there and so you have to go to the right of it and there is a walkway to get to the beach - that was great! The only thing that could be not great for some people is this road is a 4 lane road and so you have to cross it and there isn't any traffic light around this area. I guess during snowbird time would be bad, but I was ok with it.

People working there are very friendly/helpful and all you have to do is ask for something and they are more than happy to help you out.

My only complaint is that they need to remodel the bathtub as it is quite narrow and small and has mold around the tub part. It looks like they have had upgraded the sink.

Room Tip: I got a room right by the parking space and the gate to get into the pool. Really any room would be...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
HIR, General Manager at Holiday Isles Resort, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see yu again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Orlando, Fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stayed here a little while ago with my dog for an event in the area. The room was clean and modest. There were some rowdy people outside, but they were just having a late night drink. Okay place to stay with a pet and close to the beach. Not new, but very beachy.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I stay here over a holiday weekend and just was not satisfied. The place look nice and clean but then on the second day I seen roaches, the stove tops didn't work only one eye, when I ask about the grill they charged to use it. It was impossible to get a hot shower and the gentalman was rude and the lady was nice staff was nice as well but the owner manger not sure who he was was just nite picking me I felt like I had family come in and hang out for the day and he was just rude and the last straw was when I left n turn in the key he asked me if I clean my room and no towel exchange or pool towels we used the same towels for three days also had to pay for a second car to park in parking lot place look ok but was a joke would recomend surf inn anyday over this place

• Stayed May 2012
HIR, Owner at Holiday Isles Resort, responded to this review, June 10, 2012
We were sorry to see that you did not feel welcome at our facility. Your party was with us for the Memorial Day weekend, and our facility was sold out, as was almost every other facility in the area. During the extremely busy holiday weekends, we do charge a parking fee for more than one vehicle per room, as it requires extra services and organization on the part of our staff to make sure there is room for all of our guests. Our policy is that no guests of guests are allowed to use the facilities, particularly on the holiday weekends because we are at capacity. If we allowed guests to allow others to use our pool and tiki huts, then our paying guests would be denied the use of these facilities and that would not be hospitable. This is common policy amongst all of the hotels in this area. We did make a slight exception, in your case one day though, as we allowed you to invite some extra people over for a birthday party for one of your children.

As I stated earlier, we were at full capacity during your stay, but we had no complaints from any guests about hot water shortage. Perhaps the timing was during a peak usage. We offer economy service which includes a towel/linen exchange every three days, so your room had one towel/linen exchange during your stay. As stated on our website and in our room literature, additional services are available for a modest fee.

Our facility has a stringent pest control program in place and we spray relentlessly for insects. We apologize if any were spotted during your stay, but occassionally a palmetto bug (resembles a large cockroach) can be seen, usually outside after a rain. These insects live in the foliage and are a nuisance, but they are not to be confused with the usual "cockroaches" thought of in conjunction with food waste.

Please accept our apologies if the stove burner in your room was not functioning properly. We try to make sure everything is in working order for our guests, but sometimes do not know of such things until they are reported. As you mentioned, we do have gas grills available at our tiki hut area for guest use, and we charge a modest fee of only $1.00 per cookout to help recover the cost of propane.

Again, we are sorry to hear that you did not feel welcome at our facility. We saw your party enjoying the pool several times, and we felt we were courteous. It was a very busy weekend, and we tried to help all of our guests enjoy their stays with us.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stayed here for a week and I had a good time. The hotel had some pro's and cons which I will describe below.

PROS: 1) The room was very clean, large, and comfortable. I had no problems with the room. No bugs, good A/C, comfy and quiet. 2) Friendly staff. 3) Near the beach. 4) Inexpensive, good for your budget. 5) Lots of room. If I wanted to add extra people, my studio room (#45) would have comfortably slept 6, which is a good value for families. There were 2 queen size beds and 1 pullout couch.

CONS: 1) The highway. It's true that the hotel is "right across the street from the beach," as others have mentioned, but the street is actually a HIGHWAY. I have not seen that mentioned in other reviews. It's a busy highway with fast traffic going both ways. There are crosswalks, but they are at a distance, so most people end up waiting for a lull in traffic and making a run for it. Kind of dangerous. Also you can see/hear the highway from the pool. 2) This is more of a "residence style" hotel so they do not provide certain amenities. You get a full kitchen but no food. So you have to get your own groceries, e.g. there's a coffee machine, but no coffee. No continental breakfast or anything like that. They also don't provide toiletries like shampoo, lotion, toothpaste, etc. They DO provide bar soap, dishes, and dish detergent, and there is also a washer/dryer in the hotel. 3) No gym on the premises. 4) Cleaning the room is an extra fee per cleaning, I think they have a sliding scale, check their website.

So, when budgeting I would take this into account: you need to provide your own groceries, toiletries, and gym if you are a gym person. (Re gyms: you can join one of the nearby gyms, about 10-15 minutes away driving distance, for a weekly rate of $37 or a daily rate of $10. Two nearby gyms in St. Pete are "Lifestyle Family Fitness" and "Bodynamics." I would advise to have this all set up BEFORE you come.) Also you have to decide if you really want your room cleaned.

Overall, it was a good experience and I would be willing to come back here again. My biggest problem was with crossing the highway.

Room Tip: My studio room (#45) was large and could have comfortably slept 6
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
HIR, Owner at Holiday Isles Resort, responded to this review, June 10, 2012
Thank you for writing a review of our facility! We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us! As you mentioned in your review, we do offer an economy service plan, which does not include maid service and includes towel/linen exchange every three days in our base rates. For a modest fee, anyone can upgrade to daily towel/linen exchange, and also full service. We structured our services in this manner because we have found the majority of the guests enjoy the savings and do not request full service.

Also, as you mentioned, we do provide a kitchen and the tools, but guests have to provide the food and the cook. :) We also have tiki huts with picnic tables and gas grills available for outdoor food preparation and enjoyment.

While the street we are on is two lanes in each direction, the speed limit is only 35 mph, and the road is lined with businesses frequented by beachgoers, so the traffic is very aware that we are a beach community. We would always caution everyone, however, to be careful when crossing any street!

Again, we are glad you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you again in the future!
LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

We came in from California the week before Easter and stayed a week. I'll start with the location: it's perfect. The beach is across the street. There are 3 bar/restaurants within 3 minute walking distance and far enough away not to hear them. For the younger crowd, the Daquiri Deck is crawling distance away. That bar is lively (read club-crazy). Screwie Louies is next door, cheap food and drink. Breakfast for 2 and 6 cocktails, 25 bucks, that's UNHEARD of where I live. The food was pretty good and the drinks were poured like they knew we were walking home to take a nap in the comfortable bed.

The grounds of the motel were nice. We had the # 49 apartment in back. It's like a small condo in LA. If you want to spend a few extra bucks, ask for that, it's worth it. It's roomy and cool. It has a patio out of the front door with 4 chairs and a small end table, perfect for sitting outside. It's about 40 feet from the pool, no noise. Living room, kitchen, dishes and fridge.

The week we were there, it was packed as expected. Everyone was cool. The staff were nice.

Don't expect the Ritz here, expect down to earth people and chill and you'll have a nice time. We'll be back to stay there again, no doubt.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
HIR, Owner at Holiday Isles Resort, responded to this review, June 10, 2012
Thank you for your review of our facility! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the surrounding area and restaurants nearby! We truly enjoy making our guests happy, and look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Buffalo, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Based on the reviews I'd read, I thought I was taking a good chance by choosing Holiday Isles. I was completely wrong. Though it was very cute on the outside, painted in neat tropical colors, it was very, very shabby on the inside. The linens looked like they were from the '40s; I ripped the bedspread off and threw it in the closet immediately. The fixtures were rusty, and I don't think the room was very clean. If we hadn't been staying for only a couple of nights, I would have asked for a refund and gone elsewhere. The clientele were loud, drinking beer IN the pool. The police came by on one evening. Just horrendous. The owner seemed very nice and attentive, but that didn't make up for the rest, sadly.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
HIR, Owner at Holiday Isles Resort, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
We appreciate your business, and we are sorry to hear that your stay was not ideal. We like to always remind everyone who reads these reviews that we wish we could have had a chance to address any issues you had while you were staying with us! Unfortunately, we have no recourse after your stay is completed.

After reading your review, we toured the rooms with our management staff but could not find any rusty fixtures in the rooms, so we do not know how to respond or do anything further with this comment. We just recently reopened our facility after suffering major damage from a tornado/wind storm, so most of our rooms are completely refurbished. All of our linens are purchased brand new from national hotel suppliers used by hundreds of other hotels, so perhaps our colors or pattern choices was just not to your liking, which is perfectly acceptable. We strive to choose lively patterns and colors, in keeping with the "beach" theme. Also, our staff is constantly praised by our guests for the cleanliness of our rooms and facility, as demonstrated by the many cards and letters we receive.

During the time period of your visit, our facility was full of families visiting the beaches during their "spring break" times from schools up north, so the pool was very busy, and can be noisy at peak times. Although glassware of any kind is prohibited in our pool area, our guests are allowed to have drinks in plastic containers or cans at their chairs and tables. Having any food and/or drink items while inside the pool is prohibited, but guests do have to be reminded of the rules from time to time, so perhaps you witnessed a faux pas. There is no record of any police presence at our facility during the winter season at all, but our local police do stop speeding vehicles on the street behind our building quite often, so that may have been the case you witnessed. We are happy to have the local police watching out for our patrons safety on our streets, and we do not like to see cars speeding anywhere near the beaches where there are many tourists and pedestrians, especially near young children.

Again, we thank you for your patronage, and we hope you will give us a chance to provide you with hospitality needs in the future.
CHICAGO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

This hotel has a great price and great location.... You can't beat it for the money you pay.... The pool is super and very warm... The rooms were clean upon arrival and we had NO PROBLEMS with bugs, air conditioning, hot water or anything like that

The beach is right across the street, excellent location. The only thing that DOES NOT work is the internet. It DOES NOT work in the room. It works in various outside locations of the hotel, but IT DID not work in the room.

Also, I wish that there was at least one complimetary cleaning if staying 1 week.

There were a lot of families which was also a super plus. My daughter had someone to play with at all times, and the people were very kind and interesting. Pet friendly hotel as well.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
HIR, Owner at Holiday Isles Resort, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
We wish to thank you for reviewing our facility, and we are extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our facility has just recently reopened after suffering some major damage during a tornado/wind storm that occurred last fall. The priority was, obviously, to have the rooms ready for guests to inhabit, and to have the pool open and operational! As with all big projects, however, some things had to wait to be finished later than others, and, in our case, it was installation of telephones to the rooms and bringing the internet service back up to full speed.

We apologize for any inconvenience you suffered from the internet connection not operating at its full potential, and we wish to make sure you and everyone else are aware that it is back up and running better than ever! As we always say in our management responses, please let us know about any problems or issues you have while you are still here so we may address them right away! Unfortunately, we cannot improve your stay after you have already left our facility. :(

At Holiday Isles, we implemented a "green" approach to our room cleaning and linen/towel exchange policy years ago. We have different rates available, depending on the services our guests desire. Our base rates include a towel/linen exchange every three days, with no room cleaning services included. This seemed to be the most popular request amongst our guests, and they liked the savings on the room rates. For guests who would like towel/linen exchanges more often, or room cleaning services, we have those options available for nominal fees, and we are more than happy to accomodate all requests. From your comments, we feel we may need to communicate our policies a little better to be sure that our guests needs are being addressed, so we appreciate your feedback! :)

Again, we appreciate your patronage, and we hope to be able to fill your hospitality needs in the future!

Been to Holiday Isles Resort? Share your experiences!