“Get Away” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Dawn Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Madeira Beach
Sea Dawn Motel
Save Saved
You added Sea Dawn Motel to your Saves list
13733 Gulf Blvd, Madeira Beach, FL 33708-2568   |
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Madeira Beach
Lakeland, Florida
“Get Away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I love the Sea Dawn, we have stayed here for a few years including our honeymoon. They have changed management and its not quite the same. They only except 2 or more nights now, the office is never open and the friendly feeling is gone.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
troon scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I booked online and also spoke with the owner/manager who assured me someone would be there to let me in at 8pm. My room was said to be a suite. On arrival the office was closed and when asking other residents I was told that the girl would be back after 9pm from work elsewhere. When she arrived she knew nothing of my booking and only had 1 room - not a suite. Although the bed and bathroom were clean there was no hot water in the wash basin or efficiency sink and the sparse crockery was broken and filthy. When leaving in the morning I could not open the door ! The phone was not connected and the instructions for it had got wet at some point and the wording was illegible! I had to knock on the wall and the window for help!

Room Tip: cheap but not cheerful
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

We have been visiting family in seminole for 1 year, have stayed at 2 other places and did not like either one. Sea Dawn was more than we thought it would be! Our room was beautiful and the fishing from the deck was perfect, esp. with bait store next door. Candy Kitchen next door as well. Market in walking distance and John's Pass is close enough to walk but, we drove. We will stay here every time, they only have a few rooms, so I plan to book as early as possible. We just left today, wish we could have stayed longer... Sharon ps - very clean!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

It was the cutest little place... like an apartment with all the fixins... we filled up the fridge and cupboards with snacks... enjoyed good movies in my room while my son played with his PS3 in the living room. It was so nice to have all the conveniences close by... like a grocery store, Candy Kitchen (best homemade ice cream), Lisa's Cafe (for dining), 7-Eleven (for anything else), John's Pass and a quick walk across the street to Madeira Beach.

We got so much for our money -- and it was a real vacation of leisure! I came back home truly rested, relaxed and with renewed energy.

We decided to make this place a tradition for a yearly, end-of-summer, getaway weekend... before school and all the busy-ness begins.

We loved it!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

First, let me say this is a great little spot on the water, great location, and it is priced very fairly. We have stayed here many times and this is the first time we had a problem.
However, we did have a problem this weekend with our reservation missing. We arrived at 4pm and they didn't have the room we reserved. No room for us!
My sister-n-law came all the way from Indiana for this trip. We ended up paying double for another place since we had to make last minute reservations.
Although we will probably stay again, I would no longer recommend this hotel, especially if you are coming from out of state. Make sure you get your reservations in writing.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2010

I booked a room for March. I called over the weekend and put down my credit card, chatted on the phone with the owner on Monday and got the room I wanted. Perfect so far. Called again the following day just before booking the flight to make sure everything is allright. I was assured that it was. I was told to go ahead and book my flight from Boston and the rental car. I did. Well, literally 5 min after, I get a call from the owner, the same person I've been corresponding to all along. Well, it turns out that there's no vacancy in the hotel. Well, I asked why not tell me before booking the flight? Well, she was confused and gave me a BS answer of how sometimes she works from home and forgot to include the reservations she made that day. I asked her if there's anything she could do. The best she could do was to give me a number to a nearby hotel. She wouldn't give me assurance that it had vacancy! She than hung up and won't pick up my calls.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

It's like renting a furnished apartment for the week -- full fridge, microwave, stove, pots and pans, utensils, plates and cups -- stock up at the Publix, and make yourself at home. You're literally across the street from the beach, and you can watch manatees frolic in the water near the boat dock out back. The staff was incredibly friendly, and it's a great way to get away from it all while still being close to everything.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Been to Sea Dawn Motel? Share your experiences!