“good fish good views” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Bamford, United Kingdom
“good fish good views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

A lovely place to stop and eat.Good choice of food for everyone,good value .Lovely desserts.Tried various dishes and very happy with choices

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Seminole, Florida
“Good lunch and drafts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Really nice, cozy place. Inexpensive and great drafts. Cora, our waitress, made sure we were satisfied with everything and checked back to see if we needed anything else. Will deffinitely go back again.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Idaho
“Overlooking the Bay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

The location is great, we ate outside and enjoyed our view of the water. They even have cow bells at the table to ring if you spot a dolphin. It is right on the boardwalk so if you want to eat and shop the touristy shops it would make a lovely albiet an expensive day. Use the parking garage across the street but beware it is $1.50 an hour with a cap of $15 a day. I had the Chicken Alfredo, let me say without a doubt, it was the best Chicken Alfredo I have ever had (being one who doesn't eat seafood, I've had a lot!) It is served with angel hair pasta instead of the usual penne, but it is the sauce that was truly outstanding. My husband had a steak he says it was just okay. If I am remembering correctly my meal was around $18, expensive in my book, but you are paying for ambiance.

Visited December 2013
Rochester, NY
“Should have paid more attention to Tripadvisor rating.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Vacationing in Florida I wanted to visit John's Pass again, because it had been so long since my last visit. I was amazed at how the place has changed with so much construction and the replacement of many places I had remembered.

But the boardwalk at John's Pass seemed to be much the same as I remembered. My GF and I were hungry and we checked with the ratings on Tripadvisor and found a place highly rated. As we approached we noted that the place recommended was extremely small and packed with patrons. So we needed a plan B. I found a place I liked but my GF wanted to eat where we could see the water and that was a good idea for me as well.

So we went to Sculley's Boardwalk Grille. We were seated immediately by one waitress and soon another came to take our orders. I ordered a draft beer and it came promptly, but the beer was very muskey smelling and tasted of yeast. It took awhile before I could get the attention of the waitress and asked her for a bottled beer instead. We also placed our order of stuffed mushrooms and a cup of New England Clam Chowder.

The soup came quickly but not the bottled beer. We sat for what seemed like twenty minutes as I watched our waitress going back and forth to another table but never coming over to us to tell us how things were progressing. Still no bottled beer.

Finally in great annoyance I took the glass of draft beer into the restaurant to the bar and told the server I had ordered a bottled beer twenty minutes ago. I was told the server would remind our waitress that I was still waiting for the replacement beer.

Another ten minutes later the bottled beer came to the table and the waitress apologized saying she forgot about the beer. So now I had the beer but no stuffed mushrooms. Mind you this is now thirty minutes have gone by.

Finally after thirty seven minutes the stuffed mushrooms arrived. I tested to see that they were still warm and they were so we ate them. Not bad, but not great. Imagine 37 minutes to put together four stuffed mushrooms. And no the place was not that busy.

We left and I had a terrible time even thinking I wanted to tip for this type of service. So my satisfaction is in writing this review.

Don't eat here! The restaurant next door has to be better.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Port Dover, Canada
“Drinks and a Snack”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Great location on the water . Service and food was average but the view was amazing . Watched the dolphins jumping just off the pier

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere