“Amazing winery!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 30 Activities in Madeira Beach
Type: Wineries, Food & Drink
“Amazing winery!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have always loved wine, especially sweet wines. This place has such a big variety of flavored sweet wines! The Strawberry Riesling is my favorite. You can get 3 bottles for $33. They also have wine ice cream (sounds gross but its delicious!) and drinks that are kind if like daiquiris with wine in them. This was my favorite place at John's Pass!! Such a great discovery! The prices are fantastic!

Visited September 2013

Nashville, Tennessee
“Wine is great. Staff is horrible!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I've been here three times in the two summers that I've vacationed in the area and both times I have been shocked at the horrible service. The younger guy is rude, not friendly and if there is an attractive girl(s) next to you....expect him to basically ignore you and give them all his attention including free stuff and not give you crap! He is horrible! He'd clean out the single ladies' wine glasses as you should and then pour them another sample and be very generous. My husband and I were right next to them and he wouldn't clean our glasses out at all and give us a small sample and go right back over to the girls. Then he'd offer the girls other free samples of all kinds of stuff and ignore my husband and I completely. It was so rude! I'm actually mad we supported them by buying their wine..and we bought a lot.
The older guy doesn't seem to want to be bothered with customers either or at least be friendly and I was right there in front of him when he and the younger guy talked badly about a customer who had just left.
Just horrible service. Not professional. But on the up side, the merchandise is great and so is the wine.

Visited August 2013
6 attraction reviews
“Lots of variety”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This little winery has a ton of choices. Some that I would never have expected to like, but the owner if very good at helping you choose. I would suggest giving it a try to anyone that thinks they are "not a wine person" :)

Visited February 2013
Pinellas Park, Florida
16 attraction reviews
“Planning to return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Surprised to see there are no other reviews for this place, but here goes... We were strolling through John's Pass with out-of-state family, and after pizza at De Losa's, we were looking for something sweet. We kept seeing people with ice cream and big, smoothie-looking things, and realized they were coming from The Florida Winery. I've been inside the shop before but didn't realize they served beer and sweet treats. Each member of our family got something - my mom had a big "wine freeze" strawberry daiquiri, and I had two scoops of their "wine cream." It did not taste like wine whatsoever, but it was creamy and delicious. I had the pina colada and banana flavors - pina colada was the best. The shop has a fun, Florida vibe, but I could really do without the dead alligators everywhere. Some of the tourists seemed to enjoy them, though. Dead animals aside, there are cute gifts and Florida fruit wines galore. I made mental notes of all the wines I'd like to pick up and hope to return soon. Check the place out and try the "wine cream!"

Visited March 2013