“Going downhill” 1 of 5 stars

Description: New restaurant
Treasure Island, Florida
“Going downhill”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I went to the Brown Boxer last night to watch the Yanks vs Tigers game. The game was postponed due to weather but we stayed there for several hours and had dinner and a few beers. I loved this place when they opened but it was terrible last night. Food was awful and service was worst. We ordered grouper nuggets which I had ordered there several times in the past and they were always very very good. Last night it was 95% batter if any fish at all. We also ordered wings. Because they under cook their wings I always ask for them crispy and they still come out undercooked. Last night I told the server to have them burn them. I really wanted them crispy. They still came out undercooked. Three bar tenders were either talking to each other or hanging out with friends at the other end of the bar. They never ask if we wanted another drink we had to holler across the bar or wave both hands in the air to get their attention every time we wanted something. They have so many nice TV's you can see any game from anywhere. The place was pretty much empty last night so I know I am not the only one that is not pleased with what they are doing there.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

North Port, Florida
“A must try for anyone !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Just had lunch here and enjoyed the patio breeze and atmosphere. The Cheese Steak Sandwich "was the best I've ever had", my husband said. I had the Grouper Bites that were just lightly breaded and very fresh. Delicious!! We are coming back tonite with our grand kids coming from Tampa to spend weekend with us at Indian Rocks. Live music tonite and football. Don't miss this great place!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Twin Cities, MN
“Nice atmosphere!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

I visited on the Friday for lunch. No one was there. The music was good and open air left for a nice breeze. I had a BOGO from the visitor center and the mojitos were excellent. They offer then with Cruzan rum. The fish tacos were on special at lunch fir $5 for two. They were good, can't go wrong for the price but others in town are much better. Jacey was my server and she was very inattentive. The gal who helped me in the t-shirt shop offered much better service. Would not go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Treasure Island, Florida, United States
“A lot of TVs -- best part of Boxers”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Inconsistent food quality and drinks for the 3 times we have been there. Touristy prices and basically boring food. But they have a bunch of TVs and if you want to watch a sporting event this is the place. Wish I could BYOB.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Madeira Beach, Florida, United States
“Beach food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

It is what it is, a beach restaurant. Descent menu but nothing stands out as great. Good place to go for happy hour and sit out on deck for beers. You are not on the water, more like street light view so there is lots of Florida foliage to camouflage the view. Do have live music. I live here on madeira beach and we did need another place to go besides daiquiri deck.

Visited July 2012