“Clean, Friendly, Perfect Location, Great Price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Surf Song Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Madeira Beach
Surf Song Resort
You added Surf Song Resort to your Saves list
12960 Gulf Blvd., Madeira Beach, FL 33708   |
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Madeira Beach
Picton, Canada
“Clean, Friendly, Perfect Location, Great Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had a beach view room (#227) and were very satisfied. To be able to walk out onto the white sands of Madeira Beach each and every morning was a bonus for us. The room was clean and very adequate and the kitchen had more than we needed as far as equipment. The staff are friendly and accommodating. The location of the Surf Song (across from John Pass) was perfect for evening walks or for dolphin watching if you are lucky enough to be there when they appear in the waters off the boardwalk. This resort would be a consideration for a return visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
simcoe
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We recently stayed in room 331 and would advise anyone not to stay in this unit. It need to be completely gutted. Floors are dirty, taps are corroded, two single beds put together and they call it a king. Too many problems to even mention. Definitely not worth the money. The staff at Surf Song are very pleasant and I am sure there are many nice rooms there but not 331.

Room Tip: I am sure the office staff would be helpful in selecting a unit
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Some of the room's are showing there age where I stayed was built around the 70's and painted over many times. It is in a great location on the gulf and just across the main street are plenty of restaurants and gift shops also deep sea fishing excursion's. The under building parking is terrible at night, very dimly lite, and guest parking is at a minimum. Also there are sigh's everywhere instructing you what not to do , from my room walking to the beach I passed 8 sign's some with multiple statements instructing me what not to do. I felt like I was back in high school.
My son and his wife came to visit me and when they returned to there car they had a note on the windshield that they had to report to the office for parking in the wrong place.
Check out your room before you reserve it might not be what you expected.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Cleveland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

The hotel is located beach-side, right across from John's Pass and all of its shopping, restaurants, jet ski rentals - (check out Woody's Watersports), fishing charters and more. My family and I Spent a week in #228 which was clean, comfortable and had newer appliances. The pool areas looked a bit rough on our first day but were cleaned and landscaped the next day and each day after.

In speaking with other guest during our stay, I was surprised to learn the majority had been visiting the Surf Song year after year for the last 20, 30, 40+ years.

If you are looking for five star, first class, top of the line service and accommodations, book The Don Cesar. If you are looking for a clean, quiet, friendly and super affordable place that is great for family's... You found it...

Room Tip: #228 was nice and had a Florida Keys kind of feel #223 is nice and more modern looking.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Just returned yesterday from the Surf Song, there is nothing bad i can say about this place this was our second year there and we will be back next year it is so relaxing and peaceful, There are many people that return there every year. We met alot of very nice people there.They have a really nice pool and all the units are very nice. It is right across from John's Pass where there is lots of restaurants, bars and shops.You won't find a place with such reasonable rates as there. Can hardly wait for next year to return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have been staying at surf song off and on my whole life (I am 26). We love the small feel of the place where everyone seems to know each other. As a new mom, I love how family friendly the place is too. The pool is very large for being an older hotel and I love that. It is right across the street from John's Pass which is great! It is so easy to pack up the stroller and head over in the evenings to look for dolphins or get some ice cream! We stayed in room 333 and thought it was really nice. It was recently updated and perfect for our little family of 3. My daughter is only 3 months old, so she slept in a pack n play in the living room.

Since it is a little older hotel, I think some updates could be made to make it a little nicer (although the prices would probably go up then :) ). For example, the elevator broke down for a couple hours one day. It's not a big deal, but I saw some families trying to lug all their suitcases down to their car which looked like a pain. Also, one of the dryers was broken with no sign so I felt like I wasted some money and time waiting for it to work. These are just little things that obviously didn't affect my vacation though!

The service is fantastic! When I had some issues with the dryer, one of the cleaning staff helped me out, which was really nice, since I know she was really busy. The staff is busy cleaning the pool every day, along with cleaning the pool area. The office staff is also very friendly and helpful.

Overall we had a wonderful vacation and would definitely return! Hopefully we will come back next year!

Room Tip: Rooms close to the pool can be noisier.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

Agree with another review this is like a motel not a resort was not what we had hoped at all! I know lots of the guests stay year after year but quality of accomadation as we had hoped.

Postives right on the beach and just across the road from restaurants and bars

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Surf Song Resort? Share your experiences!