This was a very charming place with a very charming hostess. It was great to be able to open the door to our cottage and not to have to worry about the dog ending up in the street (the whole compound is fenced), and, although our place wasn't on the water we were allocated a couple of chairs and an umbrella to sit out and enjoy the channel and dolphins. Sadly, after driving 3 days to get here we found out that the only off leash areas were about half an hour drive away. I can't fathom such a densely populated community without an off leash area within walking distance of everyone so this was very dissappointing and will keep us from returning as the point of driving was to get some heat over the holidays without boarding our dog.
It could use some updating without a doubt, our little cottage was a bit too stuffed with furniture, the kitchen and bathroom cabinets mostly didn't close, the stove seemed to only function of one heat level regardless of the cook's intentions, and the bbqs were too old and rusted out to use. As well, if you are intending to cook either bring your own supplies or ask Kathy if she squirrels away some good stuff. I brought some pots and pans and utensils but we bought a strainer (donated at end of the week) as well as a cutting board. I forgot a good knife and didn't expect to find one so I bought a new cheap one. Knife and cutting board went home with us - sorry. But, we accidently left the towels we had brought so we've added to the community there. Towels were provided but I wanted to bring old since we had the dog.
But, very charming. I'd recommend absolutely if you are travelling with a dog. Everyone will be comfortable.
- Also Known As:
- Changing Tides Cottages Hotel Madeira Beach
- Changing Tides Cottages Hotel
- Changing Tides Hotel
- Changing Tides Resort
- Changing Tides Cottages Madeira Beach, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Changing Tides Cottages of Tampa Bay's Madeira Beach, a family and pet friendly cottage resort, nestled on a small peninsula in Boca Ciega Harbor, beside the Gulf Beaches. The charming complex is comprised of one and two bedroom cottages, fully furnished, on one hundred and eighty feet of waterfront, with boatndocks and decks, two blocks from shopping, restaurants, and the Village of John's Pass. The location lends itself to strolling on the beach, and ending at John's Pass, where the dolphins frolic. ... more less