Hubby and I stayed here March 26-28, 2014. The weather was not great, being cold and rainy for the most part. The first afternoon as sunny and we were able to sit out and sip on a cold one. The room (237) was right on the gulf, had a great view of the beach, a full kitchen, and was far from the noise of construction. (The resort is building an addition which is expected to be done by the end of the year.) Bed was a bit hard, but not unsleepable.
We like walking, so we hoofed it about a mile down to the shopping area called John's Pass Village. Lots of little kitschy shops and restaurants. It got pretty crowded around afternoon.
As it was cloudy and rainy most of the second day, so we walked the beach in the morning, lots of sponges washed up. Spent the day reading, listening to the waves, and returned to the John's Pass Village to visit the Mad Pub (If you like craft beer ~ GO THERE!).
Yes, the weather could have been better, but we made the best of it. Having the nice room on the Gulf was a big plus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Magnificent white sand beaches engulf Shoreline Island Resort, located between Clearwater Beach and St. Petersburg Beach. This family owned resort has blended many of the comfortable conveniences with leisure and recreational amenities you expect from a luxury resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Shoreline Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shoreline Island Resort Motel Madeira Beach Hotel Madeira Beach
- Shoreline Island Madeira Beach
- Shoreline Island Hotel Madeira Beach
- Shoreline Island Resort Madeira Beach, Florida