“Really well managed hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Shoreline Island Resort
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   14200 Gulf Blvd, Madeira Beach, FL 33708   |
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Madeira Beach
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Really well managed hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

This hotel is a great place to stay for a reasonable price. You can find more elaborate hotels in the Clearwater Beach area, but they are much more expensive. Shoreline Island Resort is well kept and the staff is very helpful and friendly. Our ocean front king room was clean and updated with fresh paint and quality appliances in the kitchen. The paint was fresh, the water pressure was wonderful and the view of the Gulf was most pleasing.
My wife was a bit taken aback when we drove up and saw the big letters on the Shoreline sign that say "ALL ADULT" but I assured it only meant that no little kids would be disturbing us. The owners are continuing to improve the property by constructing a new building and while the construction created a bit of noise, it was not unbearable and I personally like the sound of progress.
The free continental breakfast was nice and when you want to go to the beach they have beach chairs to borrow at no extra cost.
We will be back to Shoreline Island Resort on our next trip to the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
ShorelineGM, General Manager at Shoreline Island Resort, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our goal is to provide every guest with a home away from home that you can depend on. We are always working to keep the property clean and well maintained with routine and preventative maintenance and fresh paint as needed.
Our construction project is going very well and we are happy to hear it was not bothersome for you while you were here. We are so excited that we are now about half way done.
Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
New Lenox, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

My review might be a little jaded, after suffering through the worst winter in history. Staff was so pleasant, beach is even better than Ft. Myers Beach, "free" newer movies to use in DVD player, it was all good. Took one of their nicest rooms - a King Suite facing the gulf, very nice view and sound of waves in the background. I would definitely return. (The only thing that kept me from giving it an Excellent rating was that the WiFi service was pretty bad, and since I paid $250+ night for the room, it would have been nice if the room wasn't so worn. That being said, it was clean.)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
ShorelineGM, General Manager at Shoreline Island Resort, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
We are so pleased to announce that as of April 1st, we have officially switched our internet provider and upgraded our services. Our wifi signal is now excellent and rarely gives us any issues or inconsistencies with the connection. We all depend on the internet and we understand how frustrating it can be at times when the signal is bad or doesn't connect.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Tavares, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

This is the third time I've been here. Each time it's been excellent. The staff is very helpful. It's very nice. It's quite. It's very relaxing. This is the first time I've been here solo. I miss not having my wife with me, but it's still all good. I'm at the beach. I highly recommend this place.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
We are so happy to hear that you have found peace and comfort at our resort. We really appreciate your recommendation and we will continue to work hard to provide the same experience you have come to depend on, each time you are here. Thank you for your great review and for being a loyal guest. We look forward to serving you many more times in the future.
Livonia, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Overall a nice place. Location right on the beach is outstanding. Only downside is the construction of the new rooms. Noise from construction voided out sitting by or being in the pool. Once construction is done, I'm sure that it will return to its higher previous status.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for your recent review. We understand how the construction has been bothersome and we really appreciate your willingness to stay with us during this time. We look forward to when our project is complete and being able to offer brand new rooms to our guests. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to have you as our guests. We hope to see you again when our project is finished.
Canal Winchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Clean room, friendly staff, wonderful pool. We were upgraded to the ocean front from the apartments across the street. The unit is smaller but has a full kitchen and lovely screened balcony overlooking the beach.WOW. There is some noise during the day from construction. The beach and pool and views are amazing. There is a grab and go breakfast bar with fresh coffee that is a real convenience. I would stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
ShorelineGM, General Manager at Shoreline Island Resort, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your Gulf Front room. Waking up to the sound of the waves and the beautiful view of the Gulf waters is a really great way to start your day. We are glad to hear that the noise from the construction was not too bothersome for you during the time that you were here. We really appreciate the understanding and patience of our guests who have come and stayed with us during this time. Thank you for your great review. We look forward to your next visit.
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I needed a hotel at the last minute and was having my girlfriend meet me while I was working in the area. The staff made us feel like family. Their suggestions for restaurants and local attractions were spot on! Do yourself a favor a book a gulf side room!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our main goal is to make every guest feel like family as we appreciate each opportunity we are given for our family to serve you. Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Largo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

My sister was tired of the snow and had an opportunity to take some vacation time so we made it a family affair with my mother and I joining her. My sister and I looked for places to stay on the beach (on Tripadvisor) and really liked this place plus a few others. Mom and I checked them out and found this place to be the best for us. We were only able to get a king bed with rollaway but we called daily to see if there were any cancelations and at the last minute we got a room with 2 queen beds. Loved our room! Right on the gulf, watched the sunset from our balcony, walked on the beach, it was wonderful. The pool area was nice and the heated pool great. The staff was so friendly and housekeeping didn't care that we never left the room until afternoon. As others have noted there was construction going on but it wasn't too bad. We really liked the fact that this was an adult only hotel but unfortunately we had children in the room above us that were quite noisy at times (owners family I guess). The room was adequate, kitchen was nice-appliances dated, beds comfy, nice recliners but only 2 so one of us had to use the bed. We will definitely come back, can't wait to see the new rooms.

Room Tip: If you don't want children above you avoid room 544. Don't let construction stop you, it...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
ShorelineGM, General Manager at Shoreline Island Resort, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
We are so glad you came to enjoy a vacation at the Shoreline! We thank you for understanding all the improvements we are undergoing at the property and are glad you were not to inconvenienced. We have been so thankful to keep the pool and patio area available and glad you enjoyed our beautiful white sandy beaches. As you mentioned there were two children above you (I have a daughter and son) and they do tend to run from place to place. As I do live on the property, we try to inform people of the situation. Fortunately they do sleep from 7pm till 7am which makes for a good nights sleep. I am glad we were able to give you a room with two queens. I hope you do come back again and are able to enjoy our new building when it is complete.

Been to Shoreline Island Resort? Share your experiences!