“Adult Gem on the Beach!” 5 of 5 stars

Shoreline Island Resort
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   14200 Gulf Blvd, Madeira Beach, FL 33708   |
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Madeira Beach
Rochester, New York
“Adult Gem on the Beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I recently stayed at the Shoreline with my boyfriend for a romantic getaway. I am so glad we found this all adult jewel right on the beach. While the property is older it is well maintained and clean. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. I would like to give a special thanks to Gina at the front desk. She gave us some great ideas for things to do and the better restaurants and was interested in what we liked before gving suggestions. She really knows the area and helped to make our stay wonderful. Thanks to everyone at the Shoreline. We will be back again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ShorelineGM, General Manager at Shoreline Island Resort, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your recent review and positive comments regarding our staff. We are glad that Gina was able to point you in the direction of some things you enjoyed. We look forward to having you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Villages, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Shoreline Resort is right on a wonderfully inviting beach --Madeira Beach. Resort is ADULTS ONLY which appealed to us as seasoned travellers (with 12 grandkids). Our room was nicely renovated as apparently are all rooms. Front desk staff were accommodating and pleasant.
Good pool and small but quite adequate continental breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ShorelineGM, General Manager at Shoreline Island Resort, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you had a pleasant experience and we look forward to having you as our guests in the future.
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

The shoreline was a wonderful place for us to rest ourselves at in February 2013. We received a fantastic main floor 1 bedroom 2 bath king poolside room. What a great layout. Loved having my own bathroom. The heat lamps are a nice touch! Our King size bed was new and soooo comfortable. The bedding was top notch quality. T.V in Bedroom and livingroom. The kitchen was well stocked and we cooked dinner most nights. There are charcoal grills right outside to use but unfortunately we thought it was a little too windy to use. There is coffee/tea/hot chocolate in the office all day long. The continental breakfast was perfect with some fruit, yogurt, granola bars, oatmeal, muffins and pastries. Our pool right outside our glass doors was heated to perfection and always clean. Lots of lounge chairs available. Nice touch to have pool towels always available in the office. Books and mags offered in the office as well! I can't say enough about how gorgeous Madeira Beach is. It is just past the pool and the sound is so soothing! This was our first visit to this motel and I am sure we will return! We met lots of our Canadians and really like the way the owners have taken back and made the Shoreline so nice. I have been to Madeira beach area for many years since I was a teenager and *ahem* I am no longer that age! The Shoreline was always a favorite of mine to view as I walked past on my beach walks and now I am happy to say I have stayed there. We shall return!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review. We are so glad to have finally had you as a guest after all the years you have admired us from a distance. Thank you for all of the positive feedback and detailed information you provided. We are so glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you return.
Indianapolis Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Very nice and clean older hotel on the water. Very friendly staff and helpful. Hotel was remodeled last year. It still has the older feel. Best part is adults only. That means it is quiet. The hotel is within walking distance to restaurants and John's Pass.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit.
Thunder Bay Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed in the garden view King suite for 2 weeks. Love the king bed, makes me want to buy one. The new flat screens are nice too!! This is one of the cheaper rooms but ours overlooked the garden and the pool and the ocean, we could sit in our easy chairs by the window and see the ocean!! The motel cannot guarantee your room location but they go out of their way to try!! We got exactly what we asked for and we could not have been happier. One nite we had to use the heater, (same unit as the air conditioner).This property has a nice warm pool and shuffleboard. We partook of the included continental breakfast..ask for a tray or use your ice bucket, it easily holds your coffee, some fruit and granola bars. On the days we were hungrier we took a small grocery bag with us, put yogurts, oatmeal and muffins, worked well. The front desk staff especially Lauren and the bald headed young man were exceptionally friendly and helpful. We were sure to tip the cleaning girls as they were AMazing, we tried to not get sand in the room, but somehow we often did and we felt bad for them as they were often short staffed but still did a GREAT job. We flew into Tampa so we used the bus service and got all over the area, not hard to do. We could walk to John's Pass, Kandy Kitchen every day, great location for walkers or bussers. We chuckled over the people who have been going there for years, they get those towels out on their favourite chairs very early in the morning, but there were always lots left for us as well!! Great place for all, lots of elderly people there, we found them all very nice. Thanks again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review and the information you have provided to future travelers to our resort. We also thank you for the kind comments regarding our staff. We are all happy to serve you and we work together to provide our guests with a pleasant experience. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your vacation and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Gander, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

To the management,staff &guests of Shoreline Island Resort,I want to express my sincere appreciation for looking after my handbag that I inadvertently left behind at the resort this past Thursday morning. After spending four glorious days relaxing at your resort ,as we're leaving on Thursday morning I wanted to get some pictures of my husband & myself around the garden area & some of us with the ocean in the background.The girl who was working in the office that morning graciously agreed to come out & take the pictures.I laid my handbag down on a nearby table & unfortunately that is where It remained.I guess I was so excited about going home after a great vacation I forgot about the handbag,got in our rent a car & drove to Clearwater Airport.When I got out of the car & realized that the handbag wasn't there I was almost sick to my stomach.My handbag contained a small amount of Canadian & American money,credit cards,photocopies of our passports,& about $1000.00 worth of jewellry. Ten minutes after I called Shoreline resort they told me that they had my handbag & that some very honest & kind guests were keeping an eye on the handbag. Everything was still in the bag....that says something about the integrity & honesty of the Shoreline staff & guests.I will be passing this good news story along to my other Canadian friends who will be travelling in the future.I also wanted to leave a little reward for the staff & guests but they completely refused & were only too happy that I had returned to find the bag.The world could use more people like the Shoreline staff & guests.Please pass on our heartfelt appreciation.

Jacquelyn & Gary D
Canada

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you greatly for your review and kind comments of our staff and guests. We are happy to have such honest guests who seem to look out for each other. Our staff was happy to have returned your bag and we are very glad that you left feeling relieved. Thank you again for such a positive review. We appreciate having you as our guests and we look forward to your next visit.
Derbyshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights at the end of February and had a great time. Although we arrived early, the helpful lady on reception allowed us to check in and was also willing to give ideas of places to go.

The room we had was a garden king, with a small kitchen, which was in the 2 storey block overlooking the pool but also the beach. As other reviewers have said, the rooms are nothing fancy, but they are spotless and the king bed was really comfortable.

Breakfast was provided in the morning and consisted of oatmeal, danish pastries, cereal bars, ornage juice, yoghurt and fruit, which was a good way to start the day. The best part was being able to eat this whilst sat looking at the lovely beach right next to you.

The location is ideal for Johns Pass which is a short walk away and Treasure Island is just over the drawbridge.

We would certainly stay here again on our next visit as it is a great hotel, ideal location and has very friendly and helpful staff.

Room Tip: The hotel also has buildings across the street, which may work out cheaper if you are on a budget