“Cigarette smoke from neighboring rooms was a spoiler” 4 of 5 stars

Shoreline Island Resort
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   14200 Gulf Blvd, Madeira Beach, FL 33708   |
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Madeira Beach
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Cigarette smoke from neighboring rooms was a spoiler”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We have stayed here many times, really like everything about the place, but as non-smokers we will not return. Although our room was non-smoking, the balconies are not. Our neighbors smoked and the smoke came into our balcony and into the room. The cigars were the worst. Sadly we could not sit on the balcony or have our sliding glass door open to enjoy the gulf sounds or smells. We are saddened that we can not recommend this property to non-smokers for that reason.

Room Tip: Property not for Non-smokers
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ShorelineGM, General Manager at Shoreline Island Resort, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are sincerely regretful that you were displeased with your experience and understand how discomforting it can be to our non-smokers when other guests smoke on their balconies. In an effort to keep our rooms clean and healthy, we prohibit smoking in our rooms, but unfortunately cannot regulate those who smoke, as long as they do so in any of the outside permitted areas. We hope that you will reconsider and stay with us again as we appreciate every guest, and will do everything possible to offer a pleasurable and relaxing experience. We hope to see you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The Shoreline Island Resort is a "mom and pop" motel in Madeira Beach - probably 50s/60s vintage. The rooms are clean and comfortable - most rooms have, I think, a small kitchen area. Unspoiled view of the beach and ocean. Staff was very friendly - Mario and very attractive (name?) young lady went out of their way to help us. This was our second trip there and certainly would go back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ShorelineGM, General Manager at Shoreline Island Resort, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay once again and appreciate your repeat visits. We look forward to seeing you for the third time.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

One of the many reasons we stay here is because "no children are allowed at any time" on your premises. Have you changed your policy? We thoroughly enjoy our stay here and have told many people about the high quality of your resort as well as your friendly staff. Our friends are especially happy to hear that it's an all adult resort.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you so much for your recent stay at Shoreline Island Resort. We hope you feel rejuvenated and energized for the new year. We are happy to announce that Shoreline is now under new and original ownership! My grandfather Bill Marsh founded the Shoreline and was the owner until 2001. He has now repurchased the property and I am the new General Manager . SHORELINE WILL REMAIN AN ALL ADULT OASIS! The children that you noticed are mine, and will be the ONLY children on the property. We look forward to continuing to keep Shoreline the quiet sanctuary that you enjoy. Thank you for the privilege of allowing our family to serve your family. Happy New Year!
Pinellas Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed a week here for vacation. Hotel is right on the beach, need we say more?

The staff was very friendly towards us. Rooms were clean and well kept, with full kitchens and a nice screened in porch overlooking the Gulf. The place had some nice little touches too, like dvd rentals, beach chairs, charcoal grill, etc all free to use. I especially liked the fact that there were no screaming kids running amok. This is a really nice location being a short distance from John's pass and many other shops and restaurants.There is plenty to do, but it still feels laid back.

Madeira is one of the better beaches in the area and I would definitely stay at Shoreline again and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
ShorelineGM, General Manager at Shoreline Island Resort, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for your recent review and recommendation of our Resort. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We enjoyed having you as our guests and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My boyfriend and I just spent a weekend there and the experience couldn't have been better. Very nice and friendly staff. Clean rooms - which I consider the most important aspect of any hotel. The hotel is at the beach, we had a beautiful view! Heated swimming pool was fun too! Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ShorelineGM, General Manager at Shoreline Island Resort, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate your recommendation and kind comments regarding our staff. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I had a grievance about being charged for a nite that I made reservations for and I arrived later than usual. I didn't think I was going to be charged for that nite as the front deskman never told me he would count that nite. Apparently it is policy to cancel beforehand. I wasn't informed and I was virtually told by the inhospitable woman that works there that "everyone is informed". Well I was not.
It is unfortunate that I have to use this platform to communicate with the staff. So, given that I was hung up on by two staff members I will finish saying what I was rudely cut off from saying: I understand, Mario, that it is hotel policy to cancel if you do not want to be charged a nite BUT I was not informed! Now I know how it works (this is the first trip I planned and paid for).
Secondly, I was willing to overlook the mold and come back for another visit, but after the unpleasant and total disregard/recognition of my point of view I will definitely not be coming back. Too bad management allows such unprofessional jerks to work there. Next time, make a genuine effort to hear people out rather than mechanically repeat a hotel policy like a machine,Mario. And just so management knows: I made my calls sat nov 17 between noon and 1pm.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ShorelineGM, General Manager at Shoreline Island Resort, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience. We are truly sorry that your experience was anything less than exceptional. We encourage all guests to give us feedback on their stay in order for us to correct and/or improve on any such issues in the future. We sincerely apologize that our policies were not clearly understood on your behalf and regret that this issue was not resolved to your satisfaction. Our team does pride ourselves on 100% customer satisfaction while also enforcing policies. We hope that you will reconsider staying with us in the future.
Merritt Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My "special" friend took me to Maderia Beach for my birthday; it was my first overnight stay on the west coast of Florida. We had a great room over looking the ocean that was clean and well stocked. We had an issue with the heater ( the first time it was run this year and the dust had collected on the coils creating an odor ) The maintenance man was right on it to explain the problem and stopped back periodically to make sure it was improving which it did. All the staff were friendly and inviting making my first stay in Maderia Beach a memorable one!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are all happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Been to Shoreline Island Resort? Share your experiences!