“Don't you dare have a grievance with these folks!!” 1 of 5 stars

Shoreline Island Resort
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   14200 Gulf Blvd, Madeira Beach, FL 33708   |
Ranked #2 of 14 hotels in Madeira Beach
Miami
“Don't you dare have a grievance with these folks!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I had a grievance about being charged for a nite that I made reservations for and I arrived later than usual. I didn't think I was going to be charged for that nite as the front deskman never told me he would count that nite. Apparently it is policy to cancel beforehand. I wasn't informed and I was virtually told by the inhospitable woman that works there that "everyone is informed". Well I was not.
It is unfortunate that I have to use this platform to communicate with the staff. So, given that I was hung up on by two staff members I will finish saying what I was rudely cut off from saying: I understand, Mario, that it is hotel policy to cancel if you do not want to be charged a nite BUT I was not informed! Now I know how it works (this is the first trip I planned and paid for).
Secondly, I was willing to overlook the mold and come back for another visit, but after the unpleasant and total disregard/recognition of my point of view I will definitely not be coming back. Too bad management allows such unprofessional jerks to work there. Next time, make a genuine effort to hear people out rather than mechanically repeat a hotel policy like a machine,Mario. And just so management knows: I made my calls sat nov 17 between noon and 1pm.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ShorelineGM, General Manager at Shoreline Island Resort, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience. We are truly sorry that your experience was anything less than exceptional. We encourage all guests to give us feedback on their stay in order for us to correct and/or improve on any such issues in the future. We sincerely apologize that our policies were not clearly understood on your behalf and regret that this issue was not resolved to your satisfaction. Our team does pride ourselves on 100% customer satisfaction while also enforcing policies. We hope that you will reconsider staying with us in the future.

287 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Merritt Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My "special" friend took me to Maderia Beach for my birthday; it was my first overnight stay on the west coast of Florida. We had a great room over looking the ocean that was clean and well stocked. We had an issue with the heater ( the first time it was run this year and the dust had collected on the coils creating an odor ) The maintenance man was right on it to explain the problem and stopped back periodically to make sure it was improving which it did. All the staff were friendly and inviting making my first stay in Maderia Beach a memorable one!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are all happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Conroe, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My husband found this property online after much research. We were looking for something 'on the beach' that was not cost prohibitive. Reluctant, as we knew this was an older property, we chose Shoreline. It was easy to find, and we had a wonderful stay. I will say, if you are looking for an updated Holiday Inn or Marriott, it is not. It is An Older property, but the management has done a great job with their updates, such as new carpet, new faucets, new cabinets, new tile flooring in the kitchen and bath, etc. It was quiet, relaxing, and we saw dolphins morning and late afternoon. Our room faced the gulf, and the balcony was screened. We had the pleasure of watching and photographing some of the most beautiful sunsets we've ever seen. I can't say enough about Shoreline. We had one questionable complaint, and without asking, the office staff took care of our 'question'. They went over and beyond to make sure we had a pleasant stay. We will definitely be returning in the future. BTW, this is an 'adult only' property, thus the reason it is so quiet, all the time. We met many very nice people from all over such as England, Canada, Cincinnati... Etc. Our only regret is we were not able to stay longer, but we will return to Shoreline in the future. Also, it is in a very good location, only about a mile from John's Pass. And if you choose to stay in this area, please try to make it to Lisa's Cafe, a quaint little restaurant not far from Shoreline... (About 3/4 mile). If you have your walking skills up, I'd suggest walking, if the weather is cool enough. Great restaurant with an owner proud of her work and aiming to please. Overall great vacation spot! Give it a try.

Room Tip: Don't go by the outside appearance.. It is an older property. Clean, quiet, on the beach, and...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ShorelineGM, General Manager at Shoreline Island Resort, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are in fact an older property as you stated, although we do pride ourselves in the way we as a team keep it well maintained. We appreciate the fact that our hard work is recognized as our only goal is to satisfy and please our guests. Thank you for choosing the Shoreline for your stay and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Conroe, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed at the Shoreline in mid October, 2012. We had reservations for only two nights but we loved it so much we booked an additional night. Our only regret was that we could not stay longer. The place has been remodeled and everything is new and very clean. The staff is exceptional. Upon talking to other guests we found many return there year after year and we see why. Its a perfect location, quiet, peaceful, and relaxing. There is plenty to do in the area and the local restaurants were very good. We will be back.

Room Tip: Eat at Lisa's which is right down from the hotel. She is very nice and the food is excellent.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. The staff and I appreciate your comments and kind words. We enjoyed having you as our guests and appreciate your additional nights’ stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Monroe, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

We had a gulf front room in building 5 and it was wonderful! Brand new bed and television and a full kitchen. The room location was perfect! Waking up to the sounds of the ocean and watching the sun melt into the horizon were so romantic. I LOVE that the Shoreline Resort is 21 and over. You don't have to worry about kids making too much noise. We will definitely return.

Stayed October 2012
ShorelineGM, General Manager at Shoreline Island Resort, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay as we enjoyed having you as our guests. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return in the near future.
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have to say Shoreline Resort is my favorite spot! They really are the greatest with everything from being so accommodating to having great rates and great rooms with such a beautiful view. And the beach - it's perfect! Also love that it's only adults only. That's quite rare to find nowadays. Mike, keep up the good work! You guys are the best! Will be back in November. See you then!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
ShorelineGM, General Manager at Shoreline Island Resort, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your review and the kind words. I will be sure to pass your comments along to our staff. We are so glad that you enjoy your time when you are here. We look forward to seeing you again in a few weeks.
Indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

It has been 6 years since we stayed at Shoreline.
The property was not being kept up. So, we looked elsewhere.
The last couple of years, Shoreline has made leaps of improvements!
It is so nice to see an established property like Shoreline Resort make the improvements needed.
However, we noticed the weekends were especially busy with "weekenders".
That is concerning!
Relying on the short term business just to fill rooms on the weekends could be counterproductive!
Curtains were showing wear and not closing all the way.
Please, do not let this be the trend with the weekend crowd taking over Shoreline Resort and damaging what they are trying so hard to build back up!!
All the Best to Shoreline Resort!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ShorelineGM, General Manager at Shoreline Island Resort, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for your recent review. In addition to the new improvements, we just received new appliances for the kitchen and next week we will receive our new recliners. Also, new curtains are set in next years’ budget. Everyone loves the beach and sometimes the weekends are a little busy. We appreciate each and every guest. Remember, I live on property and you can call me day or night if you have any issues or feel any discomfort during the period of your stay. Again, thank you for staying with us and thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Been to Shoreline Island Resort? Share your experiences!