“Poor customer Service” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 14 hotels in Madeira Beach
Tampa
“Poor customer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Tried to book a room, guy was rude. So did'nt stay. However, Johns Pass is a great place to visit, Went with

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

286 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Redington Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Clean and spacious rooms, nice screened in balcony. We love that this is a quiet place without kids screaming and running around. Mostly older couples and with no bar on site, it's nice and peaceful. Pool is nice and beach is wonderful. We've stayed a couple of times and will be back again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Placentia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed there on May 16-17 for two nights we had a blast the no children policy is a big plus. The room 475 had a beautiful view of the gulf. The beach was perfect and I would recommend this property to all. The room does need a little T.L.C but that would mean a higher price, and we booked this place for only $100.00 per night for an oceanfront room. I loved the staff all of them and I hope to be back to paradise someday. Go to Screwie Louie's bar for a great breakfast. I loved the food there.

Unna, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

At first: location is beautiful, directly on the beach. Staff is friendly and efficient, our fridge didn't work and they fixed it the same evening. Room itself was clean (although the linen had some bloodspots), renovated (except for the oven and the range hood) and had a private screened balcony
facing the gulf.
Although we made reservation early (Nov. for begin of May, asked for a room on the upper floors), paid for the first night, we got one of the worst rooms. On the 2nd floor (the first with rooms) directly in front of the elevator and the staircase, above the motel's laundry, noises and unpleasant odour all day long. Seems lake sitting on a steam engine, relaxing on the balcony wasn't possible until late afternoon and evening.
The hotel was booked in our category so we couldn't switch.
Maybe we are from Europe (we made this experience often in the last years visiting the US), that there is no need for the management to give us a nice room. Perhaps they hope for returning guests.

North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

We recently stayed here for five days on our first trip to the gulf coast. The adults only status had a lot to do with my choice, and it was well worth it. There were no kids in the pool or yelling in the hallways, no partying teenagers. In fact, it was probably the quietest beach stay we've ever had. The beach is practically under your balcony, and man...the sunsets were spectacular. We booked the king ocean front and we both loved it. The screened-in balcony was nice; it gave you a little privacy. The bed was super comfortable and the bath was roomy. Housekeeping was first rate. Some might be bothered by the age of the facility, but there's no need. Our bath looked recently remodeled and the carpet looked fairly new. If we get back to Madeira Beach in the future, we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Book an oceanfront room; the view of the sunsets over the gulf is spectacular from your balcony.
Essex, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

It was lovely to be treated as a grown-up as soon as you were welcomed by the friendly reception staff. Although I was travelling alone, I didn't feel out of place as most people there were couples. The atmsophere was relaxed and it was a delight not to be divebombed in the pool. The service I was given harks back to the old times & I felt a lot of the little touches were what lifted a good stay into a memorable one. Apart from the inclusive continental breakfast, the day-long on the go coffee pot in reception, free wifi, location directly on the white sandy beach, I had a dvd player in my room with free rentals of movies in reception, a line to hang my swimwear over the bath with a heater lamp in there, chairs on my patio area outside my room, full kitchen with all the crockery & cutlery you'd need with full size fridge/freezer.I only stayed for two nights but I was kicking myself that I hadn't booked longer. Oh well there is always next year and I have no doubt that I will be returning for another lovely stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

If you like high rises and waiting forever for elevators just to put your toes in the sand, this is not for you. The Shoreline is an older property with all the old Florida charm. The rooms have been recently updated and the beds are super comfortable. Cleanliness is outstanding and the staff are friendly. Love our kitchen and oceanfront view. And no kids doing cannon balls while you're floating in the pool! We are here now and don't want to leave!

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Shoreline Island Resort? Share your experiences!