Directly on the Beach

LisaFreem...
West MIdlands
“Paradise found”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011 for a stay in October 2011
person found this review helpful

When I found this rental property on Trip Advisor I thought it was too good to be true. It turned out to be very true, and the most wonderful place I have ever stayed in.
This rental is the separate ground floor of the owner’s home, and from the very first moment you walk through the door you realise it is no ordinary rental property. It is furnished and decorated very smartly and stylishly, whilst remaining very comfortable and welcoming at the same time. You walk through a side door directly into the large and bright kitchen dining area, with a washer and dryer. Through this room you enter the very comfortable bedroom with en-suite shower room, and walking through this room you enter the spacious and light lounge, with two large sofas and patio doors leading out onto the pool and terrace with loungers and chairs. It is all exceptionally well designed and offers the height of luxury to anyone who stays. Whilst this property is not a cheap beach rental ( around $1000 Dollars a week ) you are paying for the location and facilities, and it was, in my opinion, worth every penny!
We did not drive much while we were there; we walked to local restaurants which we found quite good. We especially liked John’s Pass, which is a bit of a tourist trap, but offers a superior level of souvenir shops and really nice restaurants and a buzzing atmosphere. The pool ( which is cold ) was lovely, and the beach is at the edge of the terrace; the Gulf is then just steps away and was wonderful to swim in. We had spent several days in Orlando doing the standard tourist thing – running round the theme parks, so we spent a very quite week at the beach house, and had a wonderful time. We did go to Busch Gardens for the day, which was a 40 minute drive.
While we were there the owners had two workmen carrying out essential repairs. They were there for the whole week, and did not bother us at all. In fact they helped me, as being from the UK I did not know how to use the washing machine or dryer so they showed me, and also directed us to the local Publix which was most helpful. My husband had a beer with them at the end of each day, and they were really nice guys.
I would have no hesitation recommending this rental to anyone. I consider it most suitable for couples, as the bathroom is through the bedroom and this might not suit everyone.

5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: the location, the pool, the beach and the sea - everything
Liked least: couldn't get a menu guide on the tv
Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Interested in this property?
Make Inquiry
Check in
Check out
Guests
from
$136
Night
Week
Additional fees may be applied by owner
Make Inquiry
Owner
John K
Speaks English
Listed since : Aug 2011
Response Rate: 5 %
Response Time: Within two days
Calendar Updated: 1 day ago
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing