“Always a good meal” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 61 Restaurants in Madeira Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Halifax, Nova Scotia
“Always a good meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

My husband and I travel to Madeira Beach each fall and make sure we go to Lisa's several times each trip. We have always had good food here. The food has an upscale feel and taste for a reasonable price. I know some contributors have mentioned it is pricy, which I don't agree with as I think the quality of food is well worth what we pay and we always leave with full tummies. My personal favourite is the chicken marsala for dinner and the pulled pork sandwich with yummy hand-cut fries for lunch. If you like meals that taste homemade, fill you up and are offered in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere, than Lisa's is for you.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Columbus, Ohio
“Addicted to Lisa's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

We just got back from a week in the Madeira Bay Resort and was recommended to visit Lisa's Cafe for their amazing Banana Foster French toast breakfast ... so we did! That was the beginning of a great vacation in Madeira Beach and the first of 5 meals we ate at Lisa's!
Three amazing breakfasts: the banana foster, hash and eggs, and an omelette! All three were cooked perfectly and delicious! Oh yes, they have specials on mimosas on certain days! The one lunch I had was fabulous - a grouper Reuben, I highly recommend it!!! Dinner was relaxed and cooked to perfection! Everyone of us LOVED what we ordered! Dessert and espresso to end the meal was just yummy!

Lisa was there for everyone of our meals and extremely engaged in all aspects of the cafe, from making sure every guest was happy, to recommending meals to order, to meeting with the wonderful, pleasant, helpful staff and chef (who is amazing!). She is amazing and you can just feel the genuine hospitality that is just Lisa!

Please have a meal there early in your stay and I guarantee it won't be your last!

Visited November 2013
Coral Springs, Florida
“What a find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We came to Madeira Beach to visit dear friends who were staying there. They highly recommended Lisa's for a quick lunch. We were greeted by the owner and made to feel like honored guests; the wait staff were every bit as friendly. I saw the soft shell crab appetizer, but felt like having a sandwich. Without hesitation, our server said "no problem, how would you like it"? It was perfect! We returned for dinner that night and had breakfast the next morning....everything was exceptional: fresh ingredients, delicious sauces and very nice presentation. If I didn't live 4 hours away, I would eat there at least once a week. The only downside.....I didn't eat EVERY meal at Lisa's while I was there. Lisa is present for every seating and is totally involved in the operation and making her guests feel welcome. This is a wonderful place!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Earth
“Great food...wonderful host”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I guess the best way to describe Lisa's Café is to say that I stopped in for breakfast...came back for lunch...AND dinner.

The owner, Lisa, was a phenomenal host. She spent time chatting with all her patrons and made sure everything was right.

Lisa's Café has a pleasant little diner feel for breakfast and lunch, then transforms itself into a quaint bistro atmosphere for dinner.

For dinner, highly recommend the crabcake/grouper/Oscar dish and the coffee flavor filet mignon...those were the best dishes I had while I was in Florida!

Oh and their Sangria was excellent! FAR superior to the other joint our hotel staff recommended.

Visited September 2013
The villages
“Best Sausage Gravy Ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I surely didn't need to "find " the sausage in my generous serving of gravy and biscuits . Plenty of sausage, homemade, No Mushrooms present, it was tasty and a great treat. See you again next visit, Lisa.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere