“Terrific food, nice views, very friendly, capable staff” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
St. Petersburg, FL
“Terrific food, nice views, very friendly, capable staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

Latitudes has been around a year or so and my wife and I have seen it often from the water as we cruise the canals around the intracoastal. So we finally went there for dinner last week. Parking was easy and free (!). The restaurant is on the 3rd floor so there's a stair climb or elevator. The restaurant is small-ish but very "real". Not overly decorated with Florida kitsch, very open and bright. There are two outside balcony eating areas, again, small-ish, but cozy. Both face the interior marina and intracoastal (nice view!), but the north balcony allows some gulf views as well (sort of). Portions of both are covered, with the remainder open, so you can sun or shade. The menu is diverse enough to satisfy most folks. Their wine selection is small but well thought out. I was happy to see a good Pinot Noir there which many places wouldn't have at all, or would have a cheap version. Prices are a bit steep but the food is excellent (and isn't that why you go?). I had the grilled tuna with veggies and a glass of pinot noir. The tuna was a good size and cooked EXACTLY how I asked for it (between medium rare and medium. I'm picky.). The veggies were a great mix of steamed zucchini, yellow squash, and other things that all blended very well together. My wife had the grouper special with rice and veggies and a glass of merlot. Her fish was a little on the small side but it was well cooked and very tasty. She finished her plate, I had to take some of mine home! I can't find the receipt but I believe, all told, with 2 pre-dinner glasses of wine, 2 glasses with dinner and the dinners themselves, the total came to $54, with tip added after that. We'll definitely go back when we want high quality food and wine with a view!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cedar, Michigan
“unfriendly to our crowd of 8”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

We were informed of this restaurants one year anniversary party ~our invite stated~from "11am till ?" we got there at 6:30pm...at which time we were told rather rudely that the anniversary party ended at 6!! They said there were no specials...we had a very expensive drink and left...wondering if they will make it another year!?!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lansing MI
“Great Service and Great Food -- WOW”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

Last week we stopped into Latitudes on the off chance that they could accommadate a group of 55 later that evening.Rather then dismiss the idea out of hand -due to the short notice- they found a way to make it work. Upon our arrival everything was set up as promised. The wait staff was excellent and very prompt. The food was excellent. We highly recommend the ribs, steak and seafood. Even the owners were on site to make sure our dinner went off without a hitch. This is an excellnt place for casual relaxed dining. We hear the Bloody Mary Buffet is a site to behold. Not sure what day of the week that is offered but probably worth a look. We will be back.i

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“Horrible service, horrible food, stay away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

We just got back from here. I had called and made a reservation, but when we got there they said it would be 20 minutes. Okay no problem, we went to the bar and got some nice drinks. But then it was 40 minutes later and we were finally seated. The hostess joked about getting our drinks for free (we had asked to have them put on our dinner bill). So we order and then we wait and wait and wait for our mussels appetizer. Oh and also for the water that never came. We asked the waitress about the mussels and apparently she said there was a computer glitch, but the dinners went in to the computer but not the mussels (computer glitch? more like user error I am guessing). I asked if we could cancel the mussel order at this point but she said oh no they will be right out. So then all of our food came out at once, of course, so much for having an appetizer. There was barely any room on the table for our dinner plates and the mussel plates. Of course I look at my fish sandwich I ordered, only to find it was the fish special (which I did not order). So I sat and tried the mussels (which were cold) while the other people at my table ate their dinners. While I waited, and waited for my sandwich. Finally I got my sandwich but I got no coleslaw (which comes with it) and where were the fries that I ordered? So I canceled the fries since at the point the waitress came back to check, my sandwich was half finished.
One person's steak was also overcooked. She ordered it medium and it came with no pink at all.
So then it was time for the bill and the waitress said that she took the mussels off the bill but we also asked about taking the drinks off and the bartender/manager told her no. So she asked again and he gave a 10% off. oh boy. Not sure why he didn't come talk to us himself. He definitely isn't managing the place effectively.

Skip this place and go to Dockside Daves down the road (they used to be where this place is now). They have great grouper sandwiches that blows Latitude's away. Latitudes needs to get it's act together, seriously. Also, where was the music?????

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Madiera Beach, Fl.
“We ate here for dinner in October. The...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

We ate here for dinner in October. The service was ok and found it pricier than expected. The food was just ok and we were dissapointed in general. Would not go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere