“Wonderful!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Takeout, Dessert
Northwest Indiana
“Wonderful!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Best ice cream I have ever had. Beats all the others including cold stone. Reviews that talk about rude owner is probably from a competitor because no one is rude at this store.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Alexandria, Virginia
“MISTREATED BY EMPLOYEE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

The employee at the Amish Creamery, Madeira Beach, must be a psycho. Today I stopped by at a few minutes before noon. I found the door closed despite a sign (left-side window) that said "OPEN." I tried the door again thinking that it would be a pull-open door that is unlocked. A person parked in front told me that the stoor opened at 12:00 (it was 11:48AM). I then waited. The employee, by the name of Jeff, came opened the door at 12:00. I said "How are you?" Without much, he said: "A little impatient, are we?" I asked: "What is that about?" He responded: "Because your are acting like a yerk." When I demanded an explanation and asked why he was treating me lke this, he shoulted: "Get out of my store" (although I was not inside, I was standing at the entrance with the door open. I left, feeling quite insulted and mistreated. I cannot understand such behavior from this employee, who, without provocation, treats the public in such a beastly manner. He must be a psycho. NO, I WOULD NEVER GO NEAR THAT PLACE AGAIN. - JOHN MCNAMEE.

Visited March 2013
jabfl, Manager at Amish Creamery Company, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Hello, I 'm Jeff, This accounting of is not the truth... the gentleman was yelling and pulling the on the door, and as I opened door he began cursing at me, and I asked him to leave...I was the one mistreated.
Indianapolis Indiana
“Great Ice Cream”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Have been there twice. Great ice cream both times. Well worth the trip. We also bought two sweet rolls for breakfast. They were gigantic and very yummy. Very friendly employees both times we visited.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“Interesting place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stopped in for some ice cream after a beach day. Had never been to one of these places before. Ice cream portion looks like a typical ice cream parlor. Had all the normal flavors you find these days as well as a few unique ones. In addition to the ice cream they have a small deli counter as well as many Amish goods for sale. There were no Amish workers in the store so you basically have to trust the labeling, but the store is an interesting concept. Ice cream was good, but nothing special.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great place for ice cream!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Great ice cream and they give you lots of it! A single is actually two scoops. And the owner, who is very nice, will give your dog a cup of vanilla ice cream. Our two mutts were in heaven! -- There are benches outside to sit on.

• Visited February 2013