“I will recommend for serious fisherman enthusiasts” 5 of 5 stars

7273931947
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Hubbard's Marina offers deep-sea fishing trips, Dolphin watching trips, a Ferry service, a charter boat, Beach BBQ's, and even rentals such as kayaks, paddle boards, and even Segways! Come out and see us soon!
wesley chapel
“I will recommend for serious fisherman enthusiasts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

The staff is very friendly, and I will assure you will return home with a lot fish.
I have seen other reviews where people complaints about lack of fish due captain negligence. But in the 10hrs. Trip you will enjoy. I caught 17 Gray snapper and big red groupper. The food, snacks, and drinks provided are good too.

Texas
“Deep sea adventure....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Went out with Hubbard's this morning and had a great time. Crew was great... made sure everyone in our group got to catch at least one as well as those around us. We will be back!

Treasure Island, Florida, United States
7 attraction reviews
“Shelling island tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I would like to share my wonderful experience with you, on my trip to Egmont Key of the coast of St. Pete, Florida, On Father's day of 2014, My daughter and her boyfriend and I purchased tickets from Hubbard's Marina, John's Pass, Madeira Beach, Florida. The ferry departed from the pier at Fort De Soto Park. When I arrived I was great with warm welcome, from Capt. Jeff and his wonderful crew, they were personable and well schooled in history of the island and surrounding waters, both going and coming from the Island he stopped along the way pointing out the turtles, dolphins and other sea-life
On the key my family and I walked thru to the other beach taking in the rich history of the island and the natural surroundings including the light-house. the natural; untouched key was amazing.
We opted for the snorkel package out to the ruins right off the bird sanctuary that takes up part of the island. the snorkeling without gear is $15.00 but well worth it and gear is available, we brought our own to use on the beach as well. There is plenty of fish and structure to see there, the water was warm and the visibility was good. We saw Bermuda chubs, black drum, parrot fish, snappers, and Spanish mackerel fish as well as thousands of baby bait fish is huge schools, if felt like we were in the fish bowl as we swam about them
After about an hour we took a tour of the rest of the island to see the the thousands of birds on the sanctuary side of the island, Capt. Jeff pointed out a large school of large rays swimming close to shore, and a nest of osprey parents and chicks.
after that we had and another hour to pic-nic and.explore the beaches.
On our return trip last trip back to park, Capt. Jeff slowed and followed a large sea turtle so all could get a good look at him and take pics. Just before docking at park he followed a dolphin a bit so we all good get pics and see him playing in the water.

We found this trip to be a great distraction from the commercial attractions in the area, off the beaten path one that was naturally entertaining and relaxing!

The Hubbard's Marina ferry Staff made all the difference in full
enjoying all the history and natural Adventures that Egmont Key had to offer.

I would recommend this trip to everyone, as this a piece of Florida's history in a most beautiful natural setting in which to to snorkel, shell and explore.

Visited June 2014
“Great time even when fishing was bad.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

My husband and I have been on a dozen of Hubbard's half day deep sea fishing tours. Dusty and Smoky have been there every time. We normally go out and come home loaded with fish, however this time was a bust. It can't be good fishing every time! We just love Hubbard's and their staff. Even though this time wasn't good for the fishing, we will be back! 1 out of 12 ain't bad!! Thanks again guys for making it a fun experience!

Baltimore, MD
20 attraction reviews
“39 Hours of fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Just got back from a 39 hour fishing trip aboard the Friendly Fisherman.This trip was planned in the dead of winter. It was to target red Snapper, red grouper and Gag grouper. Thanks to commercial fishing interests and poor government oversight the Red Snapper season was shortened by default and the Gag opener postponed. As soon as this was known however, Hubbard's called and asked if I wanted to reschedule. I was locked in by my work schedule and decided to leave it as scheduled. No red snapper, no Gags - I was worried. Thanks to a diligent captain, mates Will and Kyle, and Tammy in the galley, there was nothing to worry about. We caught more than our share of large Mangos and red grouper. Some scamps mixed in. The meal ticket was a no brainer and thanks to Tammy the food was great. I can't wait to book my next 39 hour trip next year.