“Great Place” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Marinas
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Hubbard's Marina offers deep-sea fishing trips, Dolphin watching trips, a Ferry service, a charter boat, Beach BBQ's, and even rentals such as kayaks, paddle boards, and even Segways! Come out and see us soon!
Carl Junction, Missouri
11 attraction reviews
“Great Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We loved this place .... they offer several site seeing things and seem to carry the best price. We did the sunset cruise and had a blast. We saw dolphins and sunset and free beer .... what else could you want. Tour lasted exactly 2 hours.

Visited July 2012

Tampa, Florida
43 attraction reviews
“Fishing Trip Gone Bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have been on fishing excursions before and left happy whether I caught a lot of fish or not... example is the Tortuga Fishing Boat in Key West! This experience left me very distraught and hope no one else goes through what my wife and I went through.
First of all, the best thing about this trip was the egg sandwiches! They were awesome. Let me tell you more important events on this day early October.
The boat took the maximum of 60 people and I do believe that was the final tally. Very crunched together while fishing. Lot's of tangled lines, some of the parents not controlling their kids which makes safety hazards a concern.The 2 on board that hosted and tied on rigs went around shaking your hand after the trip and thanking us, but with a tip jar in hand which I thought was "tacky". An announcement was made throughout the day that a generous tip should be made to the deck hands who worked so hard! They hinted at tips of $10.00 a deck hand at least! This was repeated a few times. Another tacky move that I didn't appreciate.
When my rig was hung up on rocks and lost it, I had to use my own sinker to replace the lost one and the deck hand tied the hook on but said there was no more sinkers! I happened to bring my tackle box but this shouldn't matter. We paid for a service that we didn't get. Also my wife caught a red grouper whose legal length we will never know. The 20" was not measured but with the human eye I believe in was in excess of 20". In the past, I have had deck hands measure out of courtesy the length of the fish to show if it was legal to keep or not! This was not done as he non -chalantly threw the fish back in the water without measurement. It was a nice catch.. a keeper!
The bathrooms were awful and not maintained correctly and had no TP and had to use the towels there.
Also the fish finding Captain did not isolate good spots as there wasn't too many individual people who caught much. Another fisherman said the same thing that the fish finders indicate where most action occurs then they set anchor. This "shoddy trip" will never be used again by me, my friends , and whomever I can warn because of the not so good treatment given by tacky motives of tipping, overcrowded ship,bathroom facilities, supply stock not sufficient for the number of people regarding tackle (sinkers).Not measuring your catch,and a mess egressing from the boat when the trip was over. Just an all out awful experience.
My advice... look elsewhere. This trip was a bust and am very dissatisfied with the experience my wife and I had! The worst thing I did all summer!

Visited October 2012
Greenwood, Indiana
6 attraction reviews
“like boats?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

A great place to go out on great boats and deep sea fishing or go dolphin watching. You well see lots of dolphins and catch the big ones.

Visited September 2012
Wauchula, Florida
“Don't Miss”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

On a pleasant day this is a good restaurant to visit. The staff are very friendly and the food was very good. The view is great and you can spot the dolphins swim by. The price is average to a little high. Located in a good spot in John's Pass

Visited December 2011
Romford, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
“Lots of dolphins spotted”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

My family and I took the 3pm boat trip, mid week during our recent holiday in Florida. There werent many people on the boat but this allowed us to move freely around the boat in order to get a better view of the dolphins - and we did see lots of them, including pods with babies that were leaping excitedly out of the water. It rained whilst we were on the boat, for 15 minutes or so, but this does not affect the dolphin viewings at all so don't let rain deter you.
We also saw lots of different birds and oyster beds, a boat 'graveyard', where many boats have been sunk by tropical storms, lots of beautiful big waterfront houses and we stopped briefly by a fising boat that had just docked with a fresh catch of impressively large grouper.
I've only been on one dolphin boat trip other than this one and we hardly saw any dolphins, so the Hubbard Marina dolphin watch was excellent by comparison.
It is very handily located at John's Pass so there are convenient bars and restaurants to go to when the boat trip is over.
The boat trip costs $16.25 per adult and you get a full 90 minutes.

Visited September 2012