“Ugh.... Never again...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
185 Boardwalk Place, Madeira Beach, FL 33708
727-397-4867
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 61 Restaurants in Madeira Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Florida
“Ugh.... Never again...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2010

We live near Madiera Beach and decided to take visitors to Bubba Gumps for dinner in September. It was fairly busy and the wait outside was not too bad and we got seated in about 15 minutes. That was the best part of the evening. The menu prices are about what you would expect for the area ($$$) but the food and service are about the worst I have ever seen. Our meals arrived cold and we had to practically stand on our seats and flag someone down to get drink refills. That have a stupid system for getting your servers attention that means that you never see your server throughout the meal The tip is added in so they really don't care if they give you service or not. It took us forever to get our bill. On top of all this, they have parking that you have to pay to use. Makes no sense when you are paying the prices they charge for frozen fish. The food is bland and tasteless and is matched only by the personality of the server... Truly stay away... there are a lot of good restaurants in the area. This is not one of them.

• 1 of 5 stars Food

NYC
“Don't miss it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

Great waterfront place where you can watch the dolphin in the Intracoastal. Excellent food, drink and service. I ordered an appetizer which was enough for a meal for me.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pennsylvania
“The Novelty Gives The Right To Overcharge”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

Holidaying further up the coast towards 'Indian Rocks' (lovely area) hubby and I spotted this Restaurant coming over the bridge and loving the Tom Hanks movie thought it would be novel to return to it later in the week.
We parked easy enough and went up an elivator to the restaurant, seated straight away outside. Pleasant staff, chatty, I think her name was Brittany
Ordered Texas Chicken Sandwich $9.99-Dixie Fishwich $9.99-Pilsner Coors Light $5.00 and a none alch Lotsa Lava $4.49, with tax $31.53 plus a tip.
All I can say is, the food was not very nice, as in hard coating, stupid plates that rolled around the table, basically very bland and would not return to it next year or recommend it to friends who are visiting Florida for the winter.
I'm glad I popped to Sam's club in Clearwater and made my own shrimp recipe by the remarks listed by other folks.

Novi, Michigan
“You call this shrimp?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

While on our yearly visit to Indian Rocks Beach this year we decided to have lunch at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company. What a disapointment. You would think with a name like "Shrimp Company" in the title they would have fresh quality shrimp. Not to mention the Gulf of Mexico is right across the street! My husband ordered the fried shrimp dinner......and much to his disapointment looking back at him on his plate were frozen out of the box shrimp! I really didnt fare any better. I had the shrimp po boy, the shrimp seemed to be at least freshly fried, but they had a strange and not so appealing taste. Not impressed at all. Stick with the movie, skip the restaurant!

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Go local !!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

My wife and I had dinner here for my birthday. We have eaten at a Bubba Gumps in Fort Lauderdale but it was more finger food. This time it was for a complete dinner. There are so many great local restaurants in this area but we decided to stick with something we knew. What a mistake !

The food was overpriced and poor quality. I had the stuffed shrimp that was supposed to be one of their specialtys stuffed with crab Well it was stuffed with something but it sure didnt taste like crab if you get my drift !! My wife had some pasta with shrimp which was flavourless and overpriced.

To top it all off, they had man who worked there as a waiter had a serious case of Tourettes ! I felt really bad for him and Im sure it is a terrible thing for him. Now dont get me wrong, I have no issues with someone who has a disability working in a restaurant but this man was walking through the place yelling, shouting and even swearing on occasion out loud ! This was not an appropriate position for him to be working in. I observed the manager several times coming over to him to try to calm him down. I dont spend $80 at dinner to hear this. I dont think its fair.

The bottom line is search around the area for local places. Apparently they offer much better value and food than this place. I wish we would have done our homework and checked TA before we went ! Will never return there.

• 2 of 5 stars Food