“Room OK. Breakfast needs work. ” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Macclenny
austin, tx
“Room OK. Breakfast needs work. ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Room was what one would expect for a good econolodge room. No bugs. Sheets and bed were ok. Breakfast: coffee muffins bagels pre packaged sausage and biscuit (not recommended) cereal. Two Waffle makers don't work. Chairs need cleaning. Staff is friendly.

Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Buford, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

For an Econolodge, this place is pretty nice. We were just looking for a cheap, clean room to stop at for the night before continuing on our trip. This motel was just what we needed. The check-in and check-out process was quick and simple. My only complaints were that the lobby had a strong odor of cigarette smoke. It has obviously been smoked in a lot. The free breakfast was limited to waffles and cereal so we went to Burger King which is next to it. All in all except for when we were in the lobby, it was a good stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
suffield, connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

the other reviews are correct here, this place is clean and excellent value, PETS OK TOO
Went to woodsy bar b q and that was excellent also. It is nice to find a good value and good food nearby. Beds are comfy and hope to get a good sleep.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Boca Raton, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The management and staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean and the beds comfy. They go out of their way to please. There is a laundromat on site, and restaurants nearby. While the motel is next to I-10, if you ask for a room in the front, there is no freeway noise to contend with. Rooms are inexpensive and you just can't beat the value. We stay here every road trip we make as we always have to travel through here to get out of Florida.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sebastian, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

I read mixed reviews on this property, but decided to take a chance on it as the choices in the small town of Macclenny are few. I was shocked when I walked into the room. While not new, it was immaculate. The beds were also very comfortable witch is important to me as I have a bad back. The place was so clean I thought I'd have to find some dust or dirt someplace, and it almost became a game. I checked the tub of course, nothing but shining white. I checked along the walls, not a bit of lint or dust. I checked under the phone, over the picture frames, and under and behind the tv, and not a speck of dust. The rug, while older was clean and stain free. I can't remember ever staying in a hotel that was this clean. When we left, I told the desk clerk that the staff did an excellent job and should be praised for the work they did and the obvious pride they took in their work. One suggestion I would like to offer everyone is check out the rooms before signing in, and don't be afraid to walk away. I did this several times as our trip continued between Sebastian, Fl and Baton Rouge, LA. If you're passing through Macclenny and need a place to stay, give the Econo Lodge a try. I would stay there again any time I found myself in the area. We don't usually stay in lower end hotels, but this time it worked out fine for us.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

I hadn't stayed in an Econo Lodge for years because of how dumpy the last one I stayed in was. After I read the reviews for this one, I decided to take a chance. I'm glad I did. The place was clean and it was a pleasure to stay there. It was Christmas week, and the staff was having their Christmas party, but the service was still great. I will be a repeat visitor here on my next trip south.

Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Rockledge, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

Pros: large room
Cons: everything else

I arrived during a bad storm. Otherwise I would have left and found somewhere else to stay. The one-bed room was huge, with mismatched furniture scattered about trying to fill the space. The carpet was worn. The linens were marginal. Sound insulation was nonexistent. The toilet ran all night. The staff was unfriendly and unhelpful. The breakfast was poor. But the biggest issue was with the air conditioner. Whenever it ran (noisily), the room stank and my sinuses clogged up. I got very little sleep that night. At checkout, the woman at the desk seemed uninterested in the a/c and toilet issues.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!