“Beware of Price Gouging on "Specials"” 4 of 5 stars

407-834-9872
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Enzo's on the Lake is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 117 Restaurants in Longwood
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1/2 mile south of SR 434 on U.S. Hwy 17/92
Surry, ME
“Beware of Price Gouging on "Specials"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

One of our pet peeves is when waiters fail to mention the price of specials. Typically we inquire (but this should not be necessary.)
Last weekend we dined at Enzo's with friends as our guests to celebrate my birthday. Because we were hosting the other couple and wanted them to be comfortable in choosing what they wished, we did not inquire as to price of specials. We had antipasto, pasta appetizer and dessert, all priced separately. When our bill was presented we were aghast to see that we were charged $57. for a single, a la carte serving of sole--no accompaniments of any sort---no salad, dessert or any other embellishments! (We paid separately for those.) While we are accustomed to dining well and recognize that there are many elements related to reasonable cost we very much resent this price-gouging!

Orlando, Florida
“Would be very hard to improve upon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Enzo's is an institution, but not the run down, past its prime version of the word. It is in fact, the standard by which all Italian restaurants in Orlando should be measured. This is a comparable dining experience to Il Mulino in New York City or Tony's in St. Louis, which I personally believe are the best Italian meals in the US. The food is always fresh and outstanding and the service is always wonderful, even when the place is full, which it is on most days. It would be almost a sin to go here and not start with the Antipasta (house made sausage, house made mozzarella, grilled artichokes, zucchini, calamari etc).....The pastas are all made in house and always wonderful, definitely worth splitting as a second course. Some members of my family like the pasta dishes so much that they have never even tried an entree. The entrees are always excellent and some change from time to time depending upon the season....The Dover Sole, zuppa de peace and lamb chops are some of the best you will have. The setting is wonderful in that it is an old home on a nice lake....The views at sunset only add to the wonderful meal that you will have here. The only downside is that it does get very loud in the restaurant when full because of the wood floors.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Winter Springs Florida
“Beautiful view and Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I drove by Enzos a million times and had never eaten there, so I decided to read some reviews on here before going.. It seems it was previously a house converted into a restaraunt, there was valet parking as soon as you drive in, and the entrance was quiet. We were greeted right away. I made my reservation through a link on their web page that led me to an "open table" site, and I was asked if I had any special requests. I requested a table with a nice view, and they definately gave us one. A gorgeous seat by the windows that overlooked the lake. The property was gorgeous, and it started off quite quiet. Our waitor brought out amazing fresh bread and butter to start The wine list was extensive but expensive, we decided it would be cheaper to get a bottle rather then spend almost 30.00 on two glasses. The bottle of Pinot Noir was about 40.00. For an appetizer we got Carpaccio Di Manzo, which was simple, but amazingly good. And I got the Agnello Scottaditto (lamb chops with polenta and baby arugula salad) and my husband got the Straccetti Di Manzo, (sliced angus with shittake mushrooms and arugula salad). The food simple, but flavorful and the meats were cooked perfectly. After our meal our waitor came by with a slice of italian wedding cake with a candle lit. (complimentary). The service was wonderful, everyone was gracious and polite. The only tiny issue was the portion sizes. I am a very small person, but I dont eat gluten so the pasta dishes and the fresh bread at the start were off limits, and I was still hungry when I left. (and my husband forgot his anniversary present on the table and the restaraunt called us to let us know) So the verdict, bring alot of cash to get more then one appetizer, eat the heck out of that bread (looking at it was killing me, because i could tell it was so tasty) order a pasta dish, and enjoy yourself. :)

• Visited March 2013
florida
“Consistently excellent!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I always try to go here for Valentine's Day as well as several other times throughout the year. It is a lovely atmosphere, the staff is excellent and the owner always tries to do her best to accommodate our wishes. We have consistently had outstanding dishes whether it is on the menu or a special. The anitpasta is fabulous. Servers know the menu, make good suggestions and the dining experience is pleasant.

• Visited February 2013
Orlando, Florida
“It could have been perfect.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I wanted to take my wife for a nice Valentine's Day dinner without the crowd so we dined two days prior. My wife loved the antipasto especially the cannellini beans. She also had the Italian bouillabaisse which was delicious. I had the Garganelli Arrabiata Saltate which was also very tasty. We finished our meal with the second best tiramisu ever. It was like a dinner in Italy except that the bread was hot and tasty and not hard. Our waiter was attentive but not overly so.

We arrived early so we could go out by the lake to enjoy the sunset. When we returned they had locked us out! The area by the lake was littered with some beer cans and other trash and should have been cleaned up. Another thing that bothered me was there did not seem to be a manager or an owner there or he/she just did not care. It is a small restaurant and the owner or manager should have come by each table to inquire if everything was satisfactory.

We had to return because I had forgotten my sunglasses down by the lake. The parking valet was kind enought o volunteer to run down to get them.

• Visited February 2013