“Watch how you order or pay a fortune” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 117 Restaurants in Longwood
Cuisines: American, Diner, Healthy, Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
“Watch how you order or pay a fortune”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I went to eat with my wife and father for breakfast. I had the trifecta, which is eggs, french toast, and bacon. I also had coffee and small orange juice.
My wife had one egg and french toast, no drink.
My father had two eggs, french toast, and coffee.

WE PAID $34.20!

Apparently, they ring up the eggs and french toast separately, the french toast was $7.99 by itself.

The food was good, but I would have never paid that much, and never will again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Eustis, Florida
“Good food with fair service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My experience was influenced by the fact that I was part of a group of 15 people.It was a Sunday morning, which is a very busy time for most restaurants serving breakfast. All the same, having reserved our spot ahead of time, we were disappointed to be kept waiting more than 30 minutes past the reservation time.

Once we were seated, they came around fairly quickly with pots of coffee to go with the pitchers of ice water that was already on the table. My wife and I wanted decaf coffee and that involved a bit of a wait. It is an odd system: they leave pots of coffee but then later ask what you are drinking and charge you for the coffee - one cup each, I assume, since our pot of coffee was exactly two cups with no topping up. It was fairly expensive too, and not very good, in our case at least.

They took our orders. We ordered near the end. Most of the meals came in one wave, but three of us had to wait an extra five minutes or more for ours. I had the omelette called The Works. It came with fried potatoes (small cubed pieces as opposed to hash browns) and an English muffin. It was good, though it didn't stand out from most places where I get breakfast. My wife got the Bacado omelette, described as "bacon, avocado and monterey jack. topped with sour cream and served with a side of housemade salsa." It was good, though she was surprised at how little avocado it contained. She is used to the ones I make for her sometimes! She didn't want the fried potatoes so they offered her sliced tomatoes as one of a few substitutions and she went with that.

I feel certain that with a smaller group and/or at a slower time, the service would have been great, but even then they did okay. They are friendly and told us not feel like we had to hurry after eating even though people were still waiting to be seated.

I found out after we got home that it is actually a chain restaurant. They only serve breakfast and lunch, and the healthy options involve some egg-white only exchanges for breakfast, and low-fat options for lunch. We are not convinced low fat is as healthy as it is touted to be, but there it is. They have a good variety of sandwiches skillet meals, salads and traditional breakfasts like pancakes, waffles, French Toast and a basic egg/breakfast meat combo.

After breakfast we went as a group next door to Starbucks to chat some more and - in my opinion, have better coffee. Still, I would not discourage anyone from going to The First Watch. We probably won't go back, but that is mostly because of a certain Chinese restaurant we love just a mile or so away.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oviedo, Florida
“Breakfast and Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

The food is very good with some original items you won't find anywhere else.Breakfast is def my favorite.

Visited September 2012
Orlando, Florida
“Service good, portions inconsistent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Dont get me wrong, we like First Watch a lot but lately the consistenecy of their food is faltering. I ordered two eggs and there were about two tablespoons of eggs. I sent it back and it looked like three tablespoons of eggs. Either they are using small eggs or the chef is not measuring the serving size appropriately.

Visited September 2012
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Lovely for breakfast, not had lunch there”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Lovely atmosphere, food good and reasonable prices. Always visit when we holiday in Longwood, Florida.