“Fantastic Location, Great Price!!” 5 of 5 stars

$75 Daily Resort Credit
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Longboat Key
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Minneapolis
“Fantastic Location, Great Price!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2009

We had reserved a room at this resort a couple years ago and cancelled due to the price and perception that it would be too upscale for our extended family. After seeing a great rate on the internet, my husband & I decided to spend a week at the resort. After staying here, we decided we definitely made a mistake when we cancelled our reservations a couple years ago! The service and rooms are terrific. At the recommendation of another tripadvisor traveler, we requested an upper floor in building 4. A must-do! This building overlooks the beach and is incredibly quiet. The oceanview in buildings 2 & 3 actually overlook the pool which is incredibly busy and noisy from sunrise to sunset. Building 4 is great!

We rented a club suite, which has a kitchen, seating area, sleeping area and a large bathroom. I was amazed how much storage we had....two full closets and at least 14 drawers for storing our stuff. The towels were plush and refreshed every evening with turndown service. We needed a couple minor things fixed and service people were at our room within 10 minutes of calling.

The other guests are friendly, although I'm a little concerned about what sort of reception my autistic child would have. At the beach, I witnessed a pretentious mother calously ignoring a inquisitive girl with Down's syndrome who was trying to play with the woman's daughter. However, I was pleasantly surprised to see LBK Club has special wheelchair available for less mobile kids to take on the beach.

The food and drinks are pretty expensive, so the kitchen comes in handy. A Publix grocery store is about 3 miles down the road.

In summary, a great place to stay. Quiet, exceptionally clean, great fitness room, beautiful sunset views, comfortable bed, great beach, wonderful landscaping...a little bit of paradise!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2009

We stayed at the Resort for 3 weeks for our first holiday with our 12 month old. We couldn't have stayed at a better place. We had a 2-bedroomed suite with full kitchen which was perfect for us as it had dishwasher, microwave plus washing machine and dryer. We were on the 10th floor with stunning views over the beach. The weather was perfect and the service impeccable. We enjoyed hiring bikes and going to nearby St Armaund's circle for shopping and food. Kilwins do great icecream and fudge! Recommended tour: kayaking in the mangroves organised through the Mote Aquarium; segway tour of Sarasota organised through Florida Everglides. We also enjoyed trips to Busch Gardens in Tampa and the Kennedy Space Center (a bit of a drive and not enough time as we only had one day, but well worth the trip).

All in all, a wonderful holiday and we would highly recommend it!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
greensboro, north carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2009

I have stayed at LBK Club on numerous occasions in the past ten years... But i have not been there since September 2007 so I was curious to see how things were at the resort after having read some things here and elsewhere about the state of the resort. Stayed there for four nights from March 7 - 11 and I still have great things to say about the place.

The service was excellent -- from the front desk personnel, to the pool waiters, to the housekeeping staff, to the beach staff -- everyone was unfailingly helpful and pleasant. One example -- I could not figure out how to cut on the ice maker in my frig. I should have called and asked for help but did not realize that there was no ice until around 9:00 on the evening of my first day there. I just wanted a cup of ice for a drink so I did the quick and easy thing and went to the bar just for the ice. I was a bit embarassed to ask just for a cup of ice and not a drink. When I explained why I was asking only for cup of ice, it was the bartender who acted embarassed. She jumped right on the problem even though I insisted it was no big deal. She sent someone up immediately who figured out how to get the ice maker going in short order. What impressed me was that making sure my ice maker worked was not exactly in her area of responsibilty but apparently she thought it was. I really appreciated that attitude.

The resort looks beautiful --- the landscaping is luscious and well-maintained. I also love the overall location -- off the main drag in a quiet location, ocean-front with lots of places to walk, jog, bike-ride.

I ate pool-side one day and although the food was just swell, it was VERY expensive. If you stay here, even if you can endure the sticker-shock that may accompany your rental rate, I would strongly recommend eating just about anywhere else. (Or else, buy your provisions at the Publix down the road and fix your own.)

My suite (a two bedroom deluxe ocean front) had a killer view -- a large balcony with a front row seat to fabulous sunsets. I loved the location of this suite! To wake up every morning to this view (which spanned the entire suite -- both bedrooms as well as the living area opened to the balcony) was heaven! If you can afford it, this is the suite to rent!

The suite was well-appointed with tasteful decorating, very nice linens, flat screen TVs in every room, wireless access, etc. I would have liked a better-stocked kitchen. Though most people do not go to a resort like this to cook, still, why have such a nice kitchen and not be able to use it. Point in fact -- no oven mitts or pot holders.

But the real problem I think that people have with this resort, is that it is pricey. That is undeniably true--- if you are looking to economize on your vacation, this is probably not the place to go. However, although the resort is undeniably pricey, given the location of the resort as well as the dedication to service, I am willing to pay the price. YOu can certainly find less expensive places to stay in and around Sarasota, but if you want an ocean-front location with top-notch service, this is the place.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
Stockport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

Although this resort was expensive I felt it was worth every penny and it met my expectations.
The club suite, ,beach view, was large and furnished to a high standard. Quality equipment eg bone china crockery, the softest cotton sheets ever, heavy saucepans , lots of towels. Didn't expect 2 balconies, one to dine on - one to lie out on - but only space for one sunbed. The beach view also included the pool and the sunset and was amazing. The staff were nice, the housekeeping good, food at the pool restaurant excellent. Pool area not that spacious and felt a bit cramped at times . It could also get noisy with piped music and kids shouting but the beach is very near , huge and quiet , if you like peace and quiet the beach would be best if pool is busy.
Plenty of good restaurants in the area. Dry Dock almost walkable and very good but always a 30/40 min wait, seemed to lessen after 8.00pm.
Michaels on East and Bijou Cafe in Sarasota both good for special occasions and Bijou Cafe prices most reasonable considering the standard. There is a Publix supermarket on the key about 10 mins drive max and a Wholefoods Supermarket in Sarasota. Wholefoods is easy to get to, it has its own large carpark (2hr parking) and is well worth a visit if you are self catering. Plenty of delicious chilled ready made dishes if you don't want to cook from scratch.

• Liked — The high quality of everything
  • Disliked — The old fashioned tea kettle on the stove
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2009

Pretend to be 4 star, actually maybe 2 star. Terrible golf course, average tennis, expensive and below average food, especially bad when catered for business meetings. Longboat is a nice island, look for another play to stay for sure!

• Liked — On Longboat Key
  • Disliked — Facilities, food, golf,
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Monaco-Ville, Monaco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2008

We are just back from this resort where we
stayed 12 days. We had a Clubsuite for the two of
us and we enjoyed the excellent service, loved the
decoration, the new furniture, the fully equiped kitchen
and the large flat TV.
Beach service excellent, Swimming Pool ok but a
little noisy atmosphere (especially during Thanksgiving).

We'll be back next year;

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2008

the club was very nice. the rooms were spacious and well furnished and the beach was pretty. meals were pricey and overall the club is not a very good value, especially since they tack on a 20% service fee to any fee (of which only a percentage goes to the host/hostess). the quality of the resort as a whole is top-notch, with good service and luxurious accomodations.

the golf, nonetheless, is horrible. the golf course is straight and boring, with little variety or personality. it is not very well kept and the grass is very choppy and overly soft. the greens are very slow.

• Liked — spacious rooms, big beach
  • Disliked — bad golf courses, overpriced
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Resort at Longboat Key Club? Share your experiences!