We had reserved a room at this resort a couple years ago and cancelled due to the price and perception that it would be too upscale for our extended family. After seeing a great rate on the internet, my husband & I decided to spend a week at the resort. After staying here, we decided we definitely made a mistake when we cancelled our reservations a couple years ago! The service and rooms are terrific. At the recommendation of another tripadvisor traveler, we requested an upper floor in building 4. A must-do! This building overlooks the beach and is incredibly quiet. The oceanview in buildings 2 & 3 actually overlook the pool which is incredibly busy and noisy from sunrise to sunset. Building 4 is great!
We rented a club suite, which has a kitchen, seating area, sleeping area and a large bathroom. I was amazed how much storage we had....two full closets and at least 14 drawers for storing our stuff. The towels were plush and refreshed every evening with turndown service. We needed a couple minor things fixed and service people were at our room within 10 minutes of calling.
The other guests are friendly, although I'm a little concerned about what sort of reception my autistic child would have. At the beach, I witnessed a pretentious mother calously ignoring a inquisitive girl with Down's syndrome who was trying to play with the woman's daughter. However, I was pleasantly surprised to see LBK Club has special wheelchair available for less mobile kids to take on the beach.
The food and drinks are pretty expensive, so the kitchen comes in handy. A Publix grocery store is about 3 miles down the road.
In summary, a great place to stay. Quiet, exceptionally clean, great fitness room, beautiful sunset views, comfortable bed, great beach, wonderful landscaping...a little bit of paradise!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AAA Four-Diamond private beach front resort just off the coast of Sarasota. Elegantly appointed suite accommodations feature a kitchen, washer/dryer, private balcony and twice daily housekeeping. On-site amenities include six restaurants, championship golf, all new Tennis Gardens, Spa, fitness center, marina, year-round Kids Klub and miles of white sand beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Resort at Longboat Key Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longboat Key Club And Resort
- Longboat Key Club Hotel Longboat Key
- Longboat Key Resort
- Longboat Key Hotel
- Longboat Key Club Resort